Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785029 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6510 on: 30 April 2017, 17:57 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:

Enjoy finally having a throttle pedal that does something, lol. Have a great run out. :smiley:

Well we've just got back myself the wife and daughter and  what can I say " OMG " yeah I've read on here all about the Dtuk pedal box and read some interesting results from peeps well I must say they weren't wrong noticed the difference literally straight away the Gti's alot more perkier and responsive under foot even normal acceloration is way better and as for let's say a quicker one well   :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: It does exactly what it says..
Would recommend this as many other peeps have said but it's not until you actually try it you notice how slower the car normally is..
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6511 on: 30 April 2017, 19:33 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:

Enjoy finally having a throttle pedal that does something, lol. Have a great run out. :smiley:

Well we've just got back myself the wife and daughter and  what can I say " OMG " yeah I've read on here all about the Dtuk pedal box and read some interesting results from peeps well I must say they weren't wrong noticed the difference literally straight away the Gti's alot more perkier and responsive under foot even normal acceloration is way better and as for let's say a quicker one well   :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: It does exactly what it says..
Would recommend this as many other peeps have said but it's not until you actually try it you notice how slower the car normally is..

Glad you enjoyed it! You do quickly get used to it and adjust your pressure on the go pedal so it becomes very controllable but it retains that instant reaction when you want it. But the car feels totally dead when you have to switch it off!

I had mine in a tight parking space and just knew I'd be coming back to some kind of damage and I was right :angry: No dent and fortunately just a couple of small chips in the lacquer so could've been worsd but nonetheless annoying.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6512 on: 30 April 2017, 21:59 »

Impressed then, lol.  It's one of the best vfm mods you can do, in the absence of the car being setup as it should be from the factory.  Glad to hear you are not disappointed.  Drive it for a week, them turn the pedal box off for an hour and you'll be sobbing into your steering wheel - driving through treacle is the best analogy.  Then let's see if you can last out the whole hour before switching it back on.  Taking bets now.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6513 on: 01 May 2017, 05:26 »
Lol liking the analogy but yes very happy with it and Becs il give it a go turning it off in a few weeks but after that me thinks it will be on until it's next service  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6514 on: 01 May 2017, 18:21 »
Had a spin in a clubsport today, dam they are so good to drive. I only had a short spin of about 100 miles or so but it really was great and obviously completely different to my GTD but after driving diesels mostly for serveral years it does take some getting used to having to keep going through the rev range.

The seats are fantastic but the steering wheel I wasn't a huge fan of but the rest was sublime..... decisions :smiley:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #6515 on: 01 May 2017, 19:14 »
Well my Clubsport is booked in for a few fixes... I love the car, great to drive , but it has some trim issues, the drivers seat creaks like its made from cheap plastic, my rear seat bench has come off after taking a few passengers , and the passengers side rear door card looks warped and has come away from the panel, just where the cup holder section is, hopefully they can sort these out... i cant get them back in and dont want to force them

« Last Edit: 02 May 2017, 09:43 by Aidey »
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6516 on: 03 May 2017, 22:43 »
Painted the rear brake disc hubs. They weren't that bad but enough to bug me as you can see them easily though the Pretoria's. It took longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel than it did to paint them  :laugh:

Looks good, I'd like to do mine some time. What paint did you use, was it mask and spray or just brush?

Sorry, only just seen this. I used CarPlan Aluminium paint. Masked up the leading edge of the disc and applied a couple of light coats with a brush. It dries really quickly and didn't leave any brush marks either. Under a tenner from eBay 👍
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6517 on: 04 May 2017, 08:48 »
Sorry, only just seen this. I used CarPlan Aluminium paint. Masked up the leading edge of the disc and applied a couple of light coats with a brush. It dries really quickly and didn't leave any brush marks either. Under a tenner from eBay 👍

Its come up looking great. Is that paint rust proof?
I did my daughters Polo in hammerite smooth but I see the rust is back so looking to try something else.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6518 on: 04 May 2017, 20:02 »
Washed it.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6519 on: 04 May 2017, 21:10 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11