Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784996 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6400 on: 02 April 2017, 12:27 »
HI all couple of pics now that the weather is picking up and the salt has gone.
Quick decom clean with iron x for bodywork ( worked wonders even the I was sceptical and nervous ) about using on bodywork just followed Booths advise  :grin: followed by a good rinse x2 snow foam pre washes rinsed and used Autoglym shampoo conditioner for the 1st time ever impressed with that too blow and dab dried followed by Pb Natty wax and dark glaze to finish off glad the rain held off lol.. Hubs to paint and the santis back on next weekend  :whistle:. ..

upload image online

free image uploading

how to screen capture
« Last Edit: 02 April 2017, 12:35 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6401 on: 02 April 2017, 12:36 »
Quick decom clean with iron x for bodywork ( worked wonders even the I was sceptical and nervous ) about using on bodywork just followed Booths advise  :grin: followed by a good rinse x2 snow foam pre washes rinsed and used Autoglym shampoo conditioner for the 1st time ever impressed with that too blow and dab dried followed by Pb Natty wax and dark glaze to finish off glad the rain held off lol.. Hubs to paint and the santis back on next weekend  :whistle:. ..

Looks great, and very stealth-like with it's black winter shoes on!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6402 on: 02 April 2017, 13:17 »

upload image online

free image uploading

how to screen capture

Superb! Colour and gloss look gorgeous.  Congrats on popping your decon cherry.  :laugh:  Well worth it.  :cool:

Love the way you've obscured your plate number, lol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6403 on: 02 April 2017, 13:26 »

upload image online

free image uploading

how to screen capture

Superb! Colour and gloss look gorgeous.  Congrats on popping your decon cherry.  :laugh:  Well worth it.  :cool:

Love the way you've obscured your plate number, lol.

Lol cheers Becky glad I took your advice well happier now with the finish  :whistle:.
As for the plate obscure it's just in the gallery section on my S4 phone lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6404 on: 02 April 2017, 13:30 »

I think they're actually supposed to be modesty protectors for when doing nude selfies, not hiding number plates  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6405 on: 02 April 2017, 14:00 »

I think they're actually supposed to be modesty protectors for when doing nude selfies, not hiding number plates  :whistle:

It's the automotive equivalent of the nude selfie. :laugh:  be thankful we don't 'detail' ourselves and post pics.  :shocked:  He's doing the right thing and protecting his GTI's modesty.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6406 on: 02 April 2017, 14:22 »

It's the automotive equivalent of the nude selfie. :laugh:  be thankful we don't 'detail' ourselves and post pics.  :shocked:  He's doing the right thing and protecting his GTI's modesty.
It'd certainly take some detailing to get my body into presentable state!! A nude selfie of me would soon clear the forum once and for all!!  :laugh:

Anyway back on topic...

Nice shine gtiaps and hurry up and get some proper sized wheels back on!

What have I done to my mk7 today? I ordered some Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 shampoo as apparently it smells nice. I've been using Autoglym stuff for ages as I bought a huge trade sized tub of it and it lasted forever, but alas it has nearly run out now. Prior to that I had some nice smelling Zymol stuff that lasted ages and ages too. You can't beat a nice smelling shampoo, even the bees and wasps agree as they dive bomb me when using it in summer  :rolleyes:

I grew quite fond of the Autoglym stuff as it gives a good shine and leaves hardly any water marks on days when a drying towel is defeated by the elements, or when there's a dust storm being blown up by the builders nearby and I don't want orange steaks all over my paintwork (so I just wash quick and shove it in the garage and forget about it for a few days).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6407 on: 02 April 2017, 15:45 »
Cars going in for it's first service on Friday so to save time, I've cleaned and protected my wheels and tyres and gave the inside a proper clean.
I plan to wash the car on Thursday after work so it will be nice and shiny for it's trip to the garage.
They have already been instructed not to clean it but I will remind them on the day and I'll get my 'leave the F*** alone' signs at the ready just in case.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6408 on: 02 April 2017, 16:51 »
They have already been instructed not to clean it but I will remind them on the day and I'll get my 'leave the F*** alone' signs at the ready just in case.

I always do this ('do not wash' hangar on the rear view mirror, 'do not wash' tag tied to key and the same instruction written on their service job sheet), and it's worked every time so far. One of the guys on the service desk is into car detailing, and he knows my car's not to be washed by them (I always remind them anyway). He also told me that he wouldn't trust the sponge jockeys they use to wash his car either!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6409 on: 03 April 2017, 17:48 »
Nothing to the car, but a new home provided for stuff to aid its upkeep!

New detailing storage shed built and populated! 

The beginning

Progress...

Complete...

:laugh:
« Last Edit: 03 April 2017, 18:14 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual