Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6360 on: 25 March 2017, 19:15 »
Seriously though I tried program 1 and +3 and didn't like it nearly as much. Drove the car for less than 2 miles through town in traffic and on my first roundabout leaving the speed limit I floored it in second, then into third and straight away it was like I put the brakes on and......

Pulled over and took the photo and turned the car off and started it again and all was fine but before I moved off I changed the box back to program 3+ and I think that is too much so I'm going to move it back to just program 3 where it was happy for serveral hundred miles.

Oh really, ok...I will give program 3 a wirl and see how it behaves.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6361 on: 25 March 2017, 19:20 »
Sounds like over boosting which mine did and i returned the box for not a full refund. I bet if you scan it with vcds you'll have an engine error relating to over boost.

Yeh I hooked it up to VCDS last night and performed a scan and I think "over boosting flagged up" I saved the scan then cleared it...

Will Andrew really give a refund for it over boosting..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6362 on: 25 March 2017, 20:01 »
Sounds like over boosting which mine did and i returned the box for not a full refund. I bet if you scan it with vcds you'll have an engine error relating to over boost.

Yeh I hooked it up to VCDS last night and performed a scan and I think "over boosting flagged up" I saved the scan then cleared it...

It would be best to speak to Andrew and he could probably advise more on the matter, i dont think it is something the boxes and pedal boxes have to much of an issue with but it is reasonable to think that with the box and then the adaptation of the pedal box also when flooring it there is a chance for it to go slightly overboost and such but maybe i am wrong..

Golf Mk7 R Lapiz Blue Manual

Gone, Golf MK7 2.0TDI GT Tungsten Silver

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6363 on: 25 March 2017, 20:07 »

Do you mind me asking Chris how much he deducted from the refund.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned on the DTUK website that this problem occurs and how often. I wonder why.

I tried driving without the pedal box last weekend and it felt very similar to limp mode today, felt really sluggish.

Thank you again for it Chris.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6364 on: 25 March 2017, 20:14 »

It would be best to speak to Andrew and he could probably advise more on the matter, i dont think it is something the boxes and pedal boxes have to much of an issue with but it is reasonable to think that with the box and then the adaptation of the pedal box also when flooring it there is a chance for it to go slightly overboost and such but maybe i am wrong..

I'm not one for flooring it to be fair unless the need arises but the ingear push it gives the car especially in 3-6th gears is fantastic. It just keeps pulling all the way up the rev range.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6365 on: 25 March 2017, 21:36 »
That's the thing with CRD3 + Pedal Box you never need to "floor it". I myself have never done this as it's just not necessary.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6366 on: 26 March 2017, 09:17 »
Spent about 4 hours getting the santis ready to go back on the Gti now the good weather is on its way..
Washed polished waxed and 2 coats poorboys wheel sealant  :whistle: hubs to be painted black nxt weekend then the Santis go back yippeeeeeeee lol

imgurl

screen capture tool
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6367 on: 26 March 2017, 09:19 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!

Need some myself, did you get it from ebay?

Certainly did tictap, mine was actually for Land Rover but the same stuff and a bit cheaper.

Dont suppose you could give me the link? had a look but can only see it mentioned for VW and its mega expensive!!

Hi tictap - I've had a look on ebay and can't see the one I bought but I think I paid about £20 or so. It is very expensive but it really does help! What are you wanting to do, one door or more? I'll have a look at mine to see how much I used and if there is plenty left perhaps we can sort something out between us?

Thanks Watts, yeah only the one door to do.
MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6368 on: 26 March 2017, 10:03 »
I'll pm you wanted.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6369 on: 26 March 2017, 11:56 »