Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6330 on: 21 March 2017, 18:07 »
Took the old girl for her first MOT, Its almost her birthday :kiss: had the dealer swap my stop/start button, fix a rattle near the passenger air vent, they also updated the firmware on the Dis Pro, what a difference that has made - turbo charged the screen response.

Oh and she passed her test with flying colours

Congrats glad to hear also good news on the firmware update mines in for its 1st service next month hoping the update includes the sports gauges instead of or if both stay the blue trainer lol.
Not overly fussed if they don't do the sports gauges but would be nice if it's available  :whistle: :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6331 on: 22 March 2017, 22:36 »
Saw these dirt cheap on the bay, and thought I'd get them for the rear door speakers to look similar to the ones up front, and slightly brighten up the back doors a little.  Just for fun.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6332 on: 22 March 2017, 22:56 »
^^^They look smart and subtle Sootchucker  :cool:

Can you post a link please...?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6334 on: 23 March 2017, 08:09 »
Badges here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322373990894?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Chrome surrounds here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261845583729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Badges look well suprised Vw didn't do the same as like Audi with Bose...
Just a heads up to you guys with a 3 door the chrome trims don't sit right on the 3 door the panel is more concave I had some of these quite a while back n gave them my mate he has a 5 door and rhey fit ok.. :whistle:
« Last Edit: 23 March 2017, 08:43 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Last Edit: 23 March 2017, 20:57 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6336 on: 23 March 2017, 17:00 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #6337 on: 23 March 2017, 17:41 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6338 on: 23 March 2017, 18:11 »

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6339 on: 23 March 2017, 21:48 »

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!

Golfs should come supplied with a bottle of Krytox (and a pedal box).  I used it on my mk6 gti and it silenced the creaky door seals for good.  Just had s similar noise start on my R driver's door, so got a new bottle at the ready.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11