Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785061 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6280 on: 10 March 2017, 07:07 »
^^^Didn't get a chance to get the photos today as I've been driving most of it, over 400 miles with over half that on country roads.

I found out that not only is the sunglasses holder useless for holding sunglasses but also for holding my XXXX mints.

I also tried eco mode for about 10 miles :rolleyes: How much of the sound/noise you hear in a GTD with sport and sound pack is the sound and sport bit and how much of it is the soundakotor or whatever it's called?

Washed it twice because of a pigeon.
You need to give the missus her Jackie Onasis sunglasses back and get a mans pair. 
They fit great in the sunglass holder😀
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6281 on: 10 March 2017, 07:52 »
Actually that reminds me, for a good while now I've been meaning to look at a divider the for sunglasses holder as its that big, I can get my prescription sunglasses and my spare pair of glasses in it at the same time !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6282 on: 10 March 2017, 08:12 »
^^^Didn't get a chance to get the photos today as I've been driving most of it, over 400 miles with over half that on country roads.

I found out that not only is the sunglasses holder useless for holding sunglasses but also for holding my XXXX mints.

I also tried eco mode for about 10 miles :rolleyes: How much of the sound/noise you hear in a GTD with sport and sound pack is the sound and sport bit and how much of it is the soundakotor or whatever it's called?

Washed it twice because of a pigeon.
You need to give the missus her Jackie Onasis sunglasses back and get a mans pair. 
They fit great in the sunglass holder😀

They do actually fit into the holder but they move about in it so much that it was starting to mark them.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6283 on: 10 March 2017, 10:55 »
Keeping it, just had a call to say that the full cost of repair is going to be covered plus hire car for the days it is at the detailers. Now to the other problems.....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6284 on: 10 March 2017, 13:24 »
Not a great start but hopefully all the teething problem will sort themselves out now ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6285 on: 10 March 2017, 19:18 »
2nd service at 36k miles, and the rear discs were replaced due to corrosion

Just glad my company car lease people picked up the full bill of £328 plus the service cost  :shocked:

All very slick with the online video giving you the full breakdown of the inspection, plus the ability to authorise work online

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6286 on: 11 March 2017, 18:27 »
Thanks to Chris(mcmaddy) I got a DTUK peddle box for FREE

What a gent. Thanks again Chris.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #6287 on: 11 March 2017, 21:11 »
2nd service at 36k miles, and the rear discs were replaced due to corrosion

Just glad my company car lease people picked up the full bill of £328 plus the service cost  :shocked:

Or could have been fixed by heavy braking from 70mph to zero a few times for free most likely.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6288 on: 11 March 2017, 23:52 »
Thanks to Chris(mcmaddy) I got a DTUK peddle box for FREE

What a gent. Thanks again Chris.

:cool: have you fitted it yet…?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6289 on: 12 March 2017, 08:21 »
I can't take any credit for that William. Golfhappy another member on here was the one who sent me it in the first place. So a doff of the hat to him too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.