Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785064 times)

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6230 on: 06 March 2017, 06:43 »
Clear run on the Woodhead pass on a sunny (at times) Saturday afternoon in the Clubsport  :cool:
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6231 on: 06 March 2017, 09:07 »
Getting new tyres fitted on the A6 today spurred me into putting the summer wheels back on the GTD

Hubs painted and 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ready to roll with the red Clubsport centre caps fitted

Thought about putting the santis back on but thought I'd give it another couple of weeks for all the salt to get washed away  :whistle: but when I do iv also got the CS centre caps lol they do look well on yours too  :cool:

Drove the car for the first time today in the wet with the bridgestones and it was an eye-opener, ordered a set of Michelin pilot spot 4's to be delivered.
How many miles has your new car got on it? I bet your tyres aren't even scrubbed in yet so of course they may be less grippy yet. Give them a chance to scrub in and then see what you think instead of wasting money and maybe adjust your driving style in the wet too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6232 on: 06 March 2017, 11:52 »
Dropped mine off to have the wheel repaired and get my hubs painted.

Get it back Wednesday.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6233 on: 06 March 2017, 13:23 »
and get my hubs painted.

Very wise move Mr GTD.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6234 on: 06 March 2017, 14:29 »

Get it back Wednesday.

That reminds me - must get mine booked in for a refurb from the pothole I hit.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6235 on: 06 March 2017, 17:38 »
Getting new tyres fitted on the A6 today spurred me into putting the summer wheels back on the GTD

Hubs painted and 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ready to roll with the red Clubsport centre caps fitted

Thought about putting the santis back on but thought I'd give it another couple of weeks for all the salt to get washed away  :whistle: but when I do iv also got the CS centre caps lol they do look well on yours too  :cool:

Drove the car for the first time today in the wet with the bridgestones and it was an eye-opener, ordered a set of Michelin pilot spot 4's to be delivered.
How many miles has your new car got on it? I bet your tyres aren't even scrubbed in yet so of course they may be less grippy yet. Give them a chance to scrub in and then see what you think instead of wasting money and maybe adjust your driving style in the wet too.

Thanks for the tips on driving, just over 900 miles.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6236 on: 06 March 2017, 17:43 »
Ordered an OBD11
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6237 on: 06 March 2017, 20:34 »
I wasn't being critical about your driving but surely when it's wet you know that no tyre will perform like it does in the dry. While the Bridgestones are not the most ideal tyre I still don't see the need to just bin them after such a short time.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6238 on: 06 March 2017, 20:44 »
Today I was rooting around the wheelie bins at the back of a VW dealer looking for some dog ends for my lunch when I found this discarded in a skip

I asked a nearby staff member if I could take it away with me and he agreed readily "nobody buys Diesels anymore and analogue gauges are so last year, so we just binned it, help yourself if you want it"

he then proceeded to violate my debit card whilst having a sneaky cigarette by the bins and then I tucked the Diesel thing under my arm and headed off home.

It's been a funny old day.
And to top it off my washing machine door seal is leaking water everywhere.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 06 March 2017, 22:00 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6239 on: 06 March 2017, 20:58 »
and get my hubs painted.

Very wise move Mr GTD.

Always trying to think of ways for it to look nicer and make life a bit more easier on the eye when all clean and shiny.
Absolutely hated the state of my hubs on the MK6 so just thought better to get the new one sorted sooner rather than later.

Don't think there's much else I could do to the GTD...?

Get it back Wednesday.

That reminds me - must get mine booked in for a refurb from the pothole I hit.

My damage or should I say "my Bro's'' :grin: really wasn't that bad but you know how it is even with smallest of blemishes on shiny new wheels it would Just play on my mind and every time I come to clean the car I would be reminded so just wanted to get it sorted asap and as it was already booked in for the hubs just made sense.

It's gonna cost £102 inc vat.

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather