Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785044 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6140 on: 21 February 2017, 17:47 »
Yeah, I'm experimenting with some "over pipes" with a slash cut that I got off Amazon. Wanted to see if I preferred the single sided look of standard with bigger pipes, or go the GTI style route with one pipe either side and yet another rear diffuser.

Think I've decided to be a bit controversial and not go the GTI way like a lot seem to go, and stick with one sided.

Trouble is I love the system Milltek do for the MK7 GTD, but I can't find it anywhere as just a rear axle back system (only a cat back system), and obviously there's a lot of it I wouldn't use as I want to retain the speaker of the S&S package.

I believe these are the parts I only require:

MSVW414 (Rear Silencer Outlet Pipe Assembly)
MSVW370 x2 (Polished Trim Assembly Twin 80mm GT80)

Anyone any idea when I can purchase just these parts ? I tried Milltek direct and they would only sell the complete cat back system.

That's not good from Milltek.
I can understand them wanting to cash in on full cat back systems as much as possible but they could/should make allowances for cars with S&S.

Like you, I'd prefer the pipes in standard GTD left hand exit position rather than the wheelbarrow handles so maybe a bit more contact with Milltek will get them to relent.
Steve Pound who used to be the guy behind the mk5golfgti forum was the big cheese at Milltek last I remember. Contacting him directly might get some joy.

Any link to the size of trim you are using from Amazon?
It looks pretty good from your pic.

After a recent trip, when I encountered 4 mobile camera vans, all in North Yorkshire, I got the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera POI database loaded via Car-Net. Enabled the POI's on the map and toggled alarm to sound for "My POI's", so will report back on how well that works. Cost me £19.99 for a year of weekly updated camera positions, so not much lost if it fails! Visual map check shows that the ones I know round here are shown. So far, so good.  :wink:
Is that Pro Nav or 'free' nav?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6141 on: 21 February 2017, 19:25 »
Yeah, I'm experimenting with some "over pipes" with a slash cut that I got off Amazon. Wanted to see if I preferred the single sided look of standard with bigger pipes, or go the GTI style route with one pipe either side and yet another rear diffuser.

Think I've decided to be a bit controversial and not go the GTI way like a lot seem to go, and stick with one sided.

Trouble is I love the system Milltek do for the MK7 GTD, but I can't find it anywhere as just a rear axle back system (only a cat back system), and obviously there's a lot of it I wouldn't use as I want to retain the speaker of the S&S package.

I believe these are the parts I only require:

MSVW414 (Rear Silencer Outlet Pipe Assembly)
MSVW370 x2 (Polished Trim Assembly Twin 80mm GT80)

Anyone any idea when I can purchase just these parts ? I tried Milltek direct and they would only sell the complete cat back system.

I was indecisive about whether or not to go down the GTi style or keep it more OEM but a bit bigger and nicer. I contacted Milltek and explained the situation about my car having the sound and sport pack and like you I was told they only sell the hole cat back system.

I then had a look around and came across http://www.mijexhaust.com and after talking to them and visiting their place I have decided to go with a GTi style with 80mm slash style ends and it will take them about 2-3 hours to do it and cost £250-£300 to do.

They have a good reputation from what I could find out and talking to them only backed that up. However Mr GTD emailed them and they didn't get back to him so I would suggest ringing them.

Although I'm now thinking of going down the modified original route after seeing yours.  :cry:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #6142 on: 21 February 2017, 19:25 »
After a recent trip, when I encountered 4 mobile camera vans, all in North Yorkshire, I got the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera POI database loaded via Car-Net. Enabled the POI's on the map and toggled alarm to sound for "My POI's", so will report back on how well that works. Cost me £19.99 for a year of weekly updated camera positions, so not much lost if it fails! Visual map check shows that the ones I know round here are shown. So far, so good.  :wink:
Is that Pro Nav or 'free' nav?

Just the boggo Discover Nav MIB2. After a bit of perseverance with both Car-Net and the WLAN to my car, which I find is better using the house Wi-Fi than my phone's hotspot, it's not too difficult. How effective is another thing, but it's better than nothing!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6143 on: 21 February 2017, 21:13 »
First proper wash since before Christmas  :embarrassed:

Can you tell me is this foam any good? Wich mark do you use? Wouldnt it be better if you use citrus pre wash like Valet Pro Citrus or Chemical Guys Signature orange digresser or Optimum Opti clean? I am asking you this because i think that snow foam doesnt have any effect and it is just for the "show". Please correct me if i am wrong.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6144 on: 21 February 2017, 22:00 »
First proper wash since before Christmas  :embarrassed:

Can you tell me is this foam any good? Wich mark do you use? Wouldnt it be better if you use citrus pre wash like Valet Pro Citrus or Chemical Guys Signature orange digresser or Optimum Opti clean? I am asking you this because i think that snow foam doesnt have any effect and it is just for the "show". Please correct me if i am wrong.

You are wrong, lol.  Snow foam (used with a proper lance) can be very effective IME, the 'show' is irrelevant.  ValetPro Citrus Pre-wash is also very good and for winter a double whammy of both work very well used in tandem get as much grime off before the touch stage of washing.  I like to snow foam first, rinse, then follow with VP Citrus (applied with foam lance), rinse and then bucket wash etc.  ETTO but snow foam is a stage I would not forfeit. 

Right, I'll get me coat.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6145 on: 22 February 2017, 07:01 »
Red - as per the last post in the detailing section - pics of my old White GTD is there with Red Badgeskins on it.

All ordered.

Front & Rear in red with fenders in red with dark grey backing.

Thanks again Scootchucker for your help, much appreciated. :smiley:

I also noticed on the Badgeskins website that they do GTI caliper skins but sadly GTD ones aren't available.

When you configure the MK7 in the extra section the S&S says it comes with red brake Caliper with GTD logos on fronts but every GTD I've seen with S&S doesn't seem to have them.

discription of the S&S from the configurator
 This sound actuator enhances the aural sensation by giving and 'Deep Sporty sound' inside the car using 'Sport' mode (using the Driver Profile Selection) with no additional noise externally. The pack also includes Red brake callipers on the front and rear with 'GTD' logo on the front callipers.

So I contacted Badgeskins to which they had this to say...

The problem i have is that in canada we dont get the GTD so it makes it tough for me to template and create a skin for some of the UK cars.

If you  can get me the part number for the caliper cover than perhaps i can find one to template or if you know of anyone with a extra one.

Cheers,
Dennis

So can anyone help with this..? or is it a lost cause.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 22 February 2017, 07:08 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6146 on: 22 February 2017, 07:21 »
GTD's with the sport and sound pack have the same calipers as the non S&S pack - just painted red. So unlike the GTI PP models, they don't come (or are able to accept) a cover plate for the caliper with a logo on it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.

AFAIK, GTD's have never come with logo'd Calipers.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6147 on: 22 February 2017, 07:38 »
GTD's with the sport and sound pack have the same calipers as the non S&S pack - just painted red. So unlike the GTI PP models, they don't come (or are able to accept) a cover plate for the caliper with a logo on it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.

Damn it.

I thought as much though.

I'm trying to see if someone can make some up for me, I'm just waiting on a couple of responses.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6148 on: 22 February 2017, 08:31 »

Damn it.

I'm trying to see if someone can make some up for me, I'm just waiting on a couple of responses.

Just make sure that they use high temperature transfer stickers.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6149 on: 22 February 2017, 08:41 »

Damn it.

Just make sure that they use high temperature transfer stickers.

Will do mate.

Only 7 sleeps now :grin: