Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6100 on: 10 February 2017, 22:51 »
Finally figured out Photobucket I think. What a palaver it was, couldn't do it from my iphone so I had to do it from my iPad. I'm not really a fan of tech. Anyway I hope this works, photo of my car at the dealers. Roll on the 1st

Should it not have more protection on it? My last few cars were covered in plastic.

Looks awesome that does.. :cool:

So have you arranged a time for the 1st...? From memory there's 3 or 4 of us collecting.

I'm collecting straight after I've dropped my nipper at school. Only 19 sleeps to go :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6101 on: 11 February 2017, 08:19 »
Finally figured out Photobucket I think. What a palaver it was, couldn't do it from my iphone so I had to do it from my iPad. I'm not really a fan of tech. Anyway I hope this works, photo of my car at the dealers. Roll on the 1st

Should it not have more protection on it? My last few cars were covered in plastic.

Looks lovely.   Night Blue really suits the GTD. :cool:

Thanks, I really like night blue, when it is clean.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6102 on: 11 February 2017, 08:37 »

So have you arranged a time for the 1st...? From memory there's 3 or 4 of us collecting.

I'm collecting straight after I've dropped my nipper at school. Only 19 sleeps to go :laugh:

Yes I have arranged for 12 and only 18 nights to go now :laugh:

I was surprised by the difference in the exhaust note with the sound and sport pack. I didn't bother having a drive in it but did start it just to see what is sounded like. I know it is fake noise but as long as it takes away from the diesel noise I don't really care.

They had a clubsport(No.147) in silver in the showroom and it looked stunning. My wife spent about 2 hours last night trying to convince me to get a quote on it. After see the size of the boot in the Golf she is also wondering just how often we are going to run out of room as her car doesn't have a boot.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #6103 on: 11 February 2017, 09:54 »
Sport & Sound is one of the best extra's you can add - I love it.  The only problem I foresee is that it isn't included in the Mk7.5 GTD as Standard or an Optional Extra - that's no good! :angry:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #6104 on: 11 February 2017, 12:05 »
Kerbed my front o/s Pretoria  :angry:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6105 on: 11 February 2017, 12:14 »
What a sickener !

You must be fuming :angry: but at least you know they can be refurbed to a high standard judging by other R owners comments on here :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6106 on: 11 February 2017, 12:32 »

Bugger :sad: I've given up looking too closely at mine now, it can only be disheartening :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #6107 on: 11 February 2017, 12:48 »
Grazed it on a high kerb parking, was slow impact but about 2.5" long....in for a refurb...easy way to waste £80 odd...and yes a going to bit a right grumpy bugger now  :cry:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6108 on: 11 February 2017, 13:15 »

Yes I have arranged for 12 and only 18 nights to go now :laugh:

I was surprised by the difference in the exhaust note with the sound and sport pack. I didn't bother having a drive in it but did start it just to see what is sounded like. I know it is fake noise but as long as it takes away from the diesel noise I don't really care.

They had a clubsport(No.147) in silver in the showroom and it looked stunning. My wife spent about 2 hours last night trying to convince me to get a quote on it. After see the size of the boot in the Golf she is also wondering just how often we are going to run out of room as her car doesn't have a boot.

Thanks for the observation regarding the Sports & Sound I'm actually really looking forward to that option as I haven't heard how it really sounds in the flesh and the red brake calipers. I have red brake calipers on my 6 but I'm hoping the ones from the factory has better quality paint applied to it.

I'm also looking forward to keyless again, my last car(58 plate swift) had it and even after 5 years with the 6 I still get out of it and leave the bloody keys in the ignition  :grin:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6109 on: 11 February 2017, 15:48 »
I really need to clean my car this weekend (i've likely got a funeral to go to at the end of next week, and the car is a right clip externally), but the weather is so poor today.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.