Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785001 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6020 on: 03 February 2017, 17:17 »
Oh and not today but yesterday - managed to run through a pothole on a badly lit stretch of road. Need a new tyre and a quick refurb of the wheel - luckily enough, only looks to be cosmetic damage to the rim.

Thankfully I have managed to get a 17" (wheel with a tyre that has a very similar rolling radius off a Passat) so at least I'm not stuck.

Seeing Mr GTD's wheel on the thread brought a little tear to my eye!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6021 on: 03 February 2017, 17:34 »
Ahh gutted for you mate. Hope you get it sorted and back to looking it's best...after all its a stunning wheel :wink:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6022 on: 03 February 2017, 17:35 »
My Gloss Black Mirrors have now been sprayed and going to check on them tomorrow  :cool:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6023 on: 03 February 2017, 19:24 »
Can you disable the auto rear wiper when reverse is selected like you can using VCDS.

You don't need VCDS to do this. It is in the menu of the car.

I used to think that was a great feature until I reversed out my drive one day and the window was covered in grit  :cry:

At the risk of sounding dumb, what difference did the grit make?

It's got the to scratch the rear window.

I'd guess the window was wet when it was put away, dried in the garage and then automatically came on reversing out the garage.

Just a guess though.

Yeah a good guess.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6024 on: 03 February 2017, 20:14 »
Can you disable the auto rear wiper when reverse is selected like you can using VCDS.

You don't need VCDS to do this. It is in the menu of the car.

I used to think that was a great feature until I reversed out my drive one day and the window was covered in grit  :cry:

At the risk of sounding dumb, what difference did the grit make?

It's got the to scratch the rear window.

I'd guess the window was wet when it was put away, dried in the garage and then automatically came on reversing out the garage.

Just a guess though.

Yeah a good guess.

Seriously, the glass or the tint on the glass?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6025 on: 03 February 2017, 20:26 »
Seriously, the glass or the tint on the glass?

The tint is in the glass. It can't get scratched. Although the glass can get scratched and it can show up more in tinted windows.

But this happened to me on the Mk6 where you couldn't turn the feature off.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6026 on: 03 February 2017, 22:27 »
Yes will post up coding no problem.  I'm still sourcing those bits you mention but once sure of it, will post up.

Cheers, I assumed you already had the coding in advance. I have found some assistance on the OBDeleven forum in the past.

I had some of it already but have found conflicting info on some of the other coding so wanted to delve into it a bit more to be sure.  I'm also looking on the obdeleven forum but that's where some of the contradiction is, lol.

The coding for the Full Brake Lights (inner brake lights active and increased brightness) is:

Module 09 (Central Electrics)
Security Access 16
Code = 31347
Adaptation 10
Channel (8)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Lichtfunktion C27
Set to brake light = Bremslicht (default is not active)

Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Dimming CD27
Set to 100 (default is 0)

I haven't done it yet, but will give it a go tomorrow evening.  More to follow hopefully.

Just to confirm, the above is the correct coding for OBDeleven for full brake lights (inner leds).  Did it tonight and worked fine.

« Last Edit: 03 February 2017, 22:29 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6027 on: 03 February 2017, 23:31 »
Ok so I'm now thinking about what else I could possible to do "cosmeticly" speaking.

19 SR's - Check
Gloss Black Mirrors - Check

But now my thoughts have turned towards the Panroof and whether to get the rest of the roof wrapped in gloss black..?

What people's thought on it..? Ya or Na

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

Here's a pic of what it might look like. Apologise If this is someone's pride and joy on here, it's the only one I could find that will look remotely similar bar the diff wheels heavier tints ect. I've optioned the 90%.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6028 on: 04 February 2017, 09:43 »
Yes will post up coding no problem.  I'm still sourcing those bits you mention but once sure of it, will post up.

Cheers, I assumed you already had the coding in advance. I have found some assistance on the OBDeleven forum in the past.

I had some of it already but have found conflicting info on some of the other coding so wanted to delve into it a bit more to be sure.  I'm also looking on the obdeleven forum but that's where some of the contradiction is, lol.

The coding for the Full Brake Lights (inner brake lights active and increased brightness) is:

Module 09 (Central Electrics)
Security Access 16
Code = 31347
Adaptation 10
Channel (8)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Lichtfunktion C27
Set to brake light = Bremslicht (default is not active)

Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Dimming CD27
Set to 100 (default is 0)

I haven't done it yet, but will give it a go tomorrow evening.  More to follow hopefully.

Just to confirm, the above is the correct coding for OBDeleven for full brake lights (inner leds).  Did it tonight and worked fine.

Thank's for the confirmation Booth, I have amended that this morning. I think I need to see it at night to get the full effect!
Cheers!

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6029 on: 04 February 2017, 09:57 »
Ok so I'm now thinking about what else I could possible to do "cosmeticly" speaking.

19 SR's - Check
Gloss Black Mirrors - Check

But now my thoughts have turned towards the Panroof and whether to get the rest of the roof wrapped in gloss black..?

What people's thought on it..? Ya or Na

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

Mines a TR GTD with pan roof and gloss black mirrors, I thought about getting the rest of the roof black tbh just left it I think it looks more OEM with the part red roof and pan roof stands out more. And the gloss black aerial is a nice little touch against the red.