Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785035 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6000 on: 01 February 2017, 20:21 »
I have used both applications and coding with the OBD11, what is the problem with the apps?

It is easy to get additional free credits by clicking on the ads, you can literally get 100 credits a month!

Nothing, but some people prefer to have full control over what they are changing, whereas with apps you can't see exactly what is being changed in the background.  I did use an app tonight to do the fan level led display when on auto.

Done so far:

Chirp on lock/unlock - long coded
Stop/start disable - long coded
Headlamp washers off - long coded
Enable fan level display on auto - app

Still to do:
Reverse lights full brightness - long coded
Coming home lights long coded
DRL 100% with headlights - long coded
Full brake lights - long code

Is OBD11 better than VCDS, lent my cable to 'a friend of a friend' and he never gave it back. I have been looking and for the money the OBD11 seems too great value. Is there a list somewhere of things that VCDS can do that OBD11 can't?

Reverse lights full brightness? Why would VW not have them full brightness from factory? They do seem to do the oddest things.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6001 on: 01 February 2017, 20:27 »
I have used both applications and coding with the OBD11, what is the problem with the apps?

It is easy to get additional free credits by clicking on the ads, you can literally get 100 credits a month!

Nothing, but some people prefer to have full control over what they are changing, whereas with apps you can't see exactly what is being changed in the background.  I did use an app tonight to do the fan level led display when on auto.

Done so far:

Still to do:

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if I was missing something with the apps or you were cautious with their credit system.

Would it be possible to post or provide a link to some of the proposed changes?
DRL with headlights, coming home lights and Full brake lights appeal. Thanks!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6002 on: 01 February 2017, 20:27 »
Presents turned up yesterday and today.

Not the best pics but I will get more once I've taken delivery and the bits on the car...

The SR's look so much better in the flesh...well chuffed :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6003 on: 01 February 2017, 21:19 »

Done so far:

Still to do:

Is OBD11 better than VCDS, lent my cable to 'a friend of a friend' and he never gave it back. I have been looking and for the money the OBD11 seems too great value. Is there a list somewhere of things that VCDS can do that OBD11 can't?

Reverse lights full brightness? Why would VW not have them full brightness from factory? They do seem to do the oddest things.

I don't think it's better, but a big not had VCDS I can't answer that question really.  It doesn't have all the functionality of VCDS - and the data logging /research of Rosstech but has most of what you would need and it's a more simplistic means of making the changes, things are grouped logically, and is considerably cheaper way of doing it. 

It consists of a dongle and an app.  https://obdeleven.com  There is the standard OBD11 dongle which enables you to make easy one touch changes via 'apps' within the main App, and then there the Pro version which is the same dongle but with an activation code that unlocks part of the App that gives you access to long coding. It only works on Android so, being an Apple user I bought a cheap android tablet from Argos (must be running 4.1 or later) and downloaded the app from the google play store, set up the dongle, paired it.  All very easy to do. 

There are lots of things not enabled from the factory.  I've swapped my reversing light to an led which is an improvement but worth upping the brightness to see if any further improvement.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2017, 21:21 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #6004 on: 01 February 2017, 21:21 »

Not the best pics but I will get more once I've taken delivery and the bits on the car...

The SR's look so much better in the flesh...well chuffed :cool:
very nice delivery day mate, wheels look top :smiley:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6005 on: 01 February 2017, 21:22 »

Done so far:

Still to do:

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if I was missing something with the apps or you were cautious with their credit system.

Yes will post up coding no problem.  I'm still sourcing those bits you mention but once sure of it, will post up.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2017, 21:24 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6006 on: 01 February 2017, 21:24 »

Very nice set of goodies Mr GTD.  :cool:  Christmas all over again.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6007 on: 01 February 2017, 22:07 »

Done so far:

Still to do:

Yes will post up coding no problem.  I'm still sourcing those bits you mention but once sure of it, will post up.

Cheers, I assumed you already had the coding in advance. I have found some assistance on the OBDeleven forum in the past.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6008 on: 01 February 2017, 22:25 »

Cheers, I assumed you already had the coding in advance. I have found some assistance on the OBDeleven forum in the past.

I had some of it already but have found conflicting info on some of the other coding so wanted to delve into it a bit more to be sure.  I'm also looking on the obdeleven forum but that's where some of the contradiction is, lol.

The coding for the Full Brake Lights (inner brake lights active and increased brightness) is:

Module 09 (Central Electrics)
Security Access 16
Code = 31347
Adaptation 10
Channel (8)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Lichtfunktion C27
Set to brake light = Bremslicht (default is not active)

Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Dimming CD27
Set to 100 (default is 0)

I haven't done it yet, but will give it a go tomorrow evening.  More to follow hopefully.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6009 on: 02 February 2017, 00:40 »
I don't get the hate for the headlight washers either personally. I think they're kinda cool. Only time they'd slightly annoy me is on a summer evening when the car is otherwise spotless and they fire up the crap on the bonnet. That's hardly an issue this time of year....

Best vcds mod imo is the full brake lights. It's how they should be working from the factory.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.