Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5980 on: 01 February 2017, 04:54 »
Hats off to your dealer! I'm truly impressed  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #5981 on: 01 February 2017, 07:46 »
Did my first OBDeleven Pro tweak tonight just to try it.  Used the long coding method to enable the chirp on lock and unlock, and to add the option to the CAR setup menu (now ticked). Success!  Is nice and subtle.  Will have another play tomorrow evening.  Top of the list is deactivate headlight washers and disable Stop/Start, plus a few other bits I fancy.

They were the 1 2 and 3 for me as well.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5982 on: 01 February 2017, 11:13 »
Did my first OBDeleven Pro tweak tonight just to try it.  Used the long coding method to enable the chirp on lock and unlock, and to add the option to the CAR setup menu (now ticked). Success!  Is nice and subtle.  Will have another play tomorrow evening.  Top of the list is deactivate headlight washers and disable Stop/Start, plus a few other bits I fancy.

Stop/start and headlight washers are most hated by me, so glad to see the back of both of them, lol.  There's a few other things I'll do, and then expect I'll find a few more.....  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5983 on: 01 February 2017, 12:52 »
Can you disable the auto rear wiper when reverse is selected like you can using VCDS.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5984 on: 01 February 2017, 12:56 »

Stop/start and headlight washers are most hated by me, so glad to see the back of both of them, lol.  There's a few other things I'll do, and then expect I'll find a few more.....  :wink:
What's the isuue with the headlight washers Rebecca or is it just a pet hate?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5985 on: 01 February 2017, 13:15 »
If Rebecca is like me, then it's just cleaned your car and go to use the windscreen washers to clear some spot off the windscreen and the headlight washers activate spraying not just the lights but the bonnet, grille and wing as well. When it dries it leaves marks on your nice clean paintwork.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5986 on: 01 February 2017, 13:30 »
Can they be disabled with vcds? I know you can turn the frequency down and also the amount of water etc but at the moment I just turn my headlights off to wash the windscreen haha
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5987 on: 01 February 2017, 13:36 »
Can you disable the auto rear wiper when reverse is selected like you can using VCDS.

Pretty sure I've seen the obd11,coding for that, but will check Simon.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5988 on: 01 February 2017, 13:39 »

What's the isuue with the headlight washers Rebecca or is it just a pet hate?

Just as Sootchucker says.  I'm pretty adept at avoiding them activating most of the time, but there's always a time you get caught out and always when you've just cleaned the car.  Hated them on the mk6 and now on this car, so take top  slot for obd11 disabling.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5989 on: 01 February 2017, 13:41 »
Can they be disabled with vcds? I know you can turn the frequency down and also the amount of water etc but at the moment I just turn my headlights off to wash the windscreen haha

Yes, I'm sure they can be disabled completely with vcds and obd11.  Atm, I switch to sidelights (if safe) as keeps your rear lights on.  But still a pita so prefer to diable the washers altogether.?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual