Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5960 on: 30 January 2017, 21:52 »
With regards to the Buckles I have now emailed the seller about GTD/GTI ones...

Let's see if I get a response.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5961 on: 30 January 2017, 21:54 »
With regards to the Buckles I have now emailed the seller about GTD/GTI ones...

Let's see if I get a response.

Fingers crossed they come up trumps for you.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5962 on: 31 January 2017, 09:40 »
As mentioned they do the non logo carbon fibre I got them for my carbon grey gti and they do look ok matches the interior carbon fibre you can also get the door strap protecters I got those as well pack of 4 so 2 for me n 2 for the wife's scirocco lol  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 31 January 2017, 15:17 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5963 on: 31 January 2017, 11:45 »
Not quite done yet, but these turned up today...

They look good but I'd be ultra careful they are well stuck / positioned. If one of them comes loose and you close the door you'll probably score into the paintwork.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5964 on: 31 January 2017, 13:13 »
I thought that was a pack of R branded bottle openers at first look and without the context of the earlier post.

Look a bit tacky IMO, less is sometimes more.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2017, 13:15 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5965 on: 31 January 2017, 13:25 »
I thought that was a pack of R branded bottle openers at first look and without the context of the earlier post.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
Each to their own but can't see the point of them.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5966 on: 31 January 2017, 13:39 »
Had a smart water pack from the police a few months ago as a few local households had been targeted, just been marking a few things including the golf  recaro seats and runners and some other bits inside the car.
Better safe than sorry,and if the worse happens and I see them on eBay least I have a chance to prove ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5967 on: 31 January 2017, 15:21 »
Not quite done yet, but these turned up today...

They look good but I'd be ultra careful they are well stuck / positioned. If one of them comes loose and you close the door you'll probably score into the paintwork.

Yeah will make sure they are well secured.  They have 3M tape so should be fine.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5968 on: 31 January 2017, 15:23 »

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
Each to their own but can't see the point of them.

Absolutely ETTO, but they just add a bit of 'finishing off' which I find is a bit lacking in some areas of the golf. When I first became aware of them I dismissed them but actually they do tidy up the catches a but, very subtle and only visible when doors open so not exactly an in-yer-face bling-fest, lol.  They'll do for me. 👍
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5969 on: 31 January 2017, 15:28 »
Would the Police even act on items tagged with smart water? My experiences with Police and theft are that they provide crime numbers for insurance purposes and norhing else. I had an obvious break in attempt on my house 10 years ago. They tried to get in through the conservatory, prying a window corner to shatter it, then realised we were in and scarpered. Tool marks on the frame were obvious but the bobbies reported it as likely someone throwing a rock over the fence (no rock and tool marks!). After pointing this out 3 times I calmly asked whether the bobby had sh!t for brains or whether they were trying to keep the crime figures down - he almost arrested me for it. A burglar was caught 8 doors away in the act, same mode of entry an hour agter I noticed our window and the bobbies dodn't think to compare my frame tooling marks to his tools used on the other place.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.