Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785007 times)

Offline Garhan

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5770 on: 17 December 2016, 12:36 »
You keep your posts up Rebecca,your trials and tribulations are greatly appreciated. 

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5771 on: 17 December 2016, 14:03 »
My point was only meant to be about the unnecessary duplication of posts into different threads, that was all.

But... it never came across that way and why not keep it private and send her PM concerning instead of belittling... or send a PM to the forum moderator for intervention?

As others have pointed out Rebecca's posts are very helpful and show off her pride and joy which she spends countless hours maintaining,  :cool: and I like others, only read the MK7 section of the forum so would miss these posts if they weren't here.

Who really cares how many times she posts the same post to however many forum's (sections) she wants to? How inconvenient is it for you to scroll right past the unnecessary duplication of posts (that most people only ever see as one post on the forum) and mutter under your own breath (or aloud if you want to) about another duplicate post?  They must be winding you up big time.....  :tongue: Carry on with the posts Rebecca :whistle:

In all honesty it is a paltry attitude and the kind that causes forum members not to contribute. Shame on you.

Season's Greetings to all members and guests.  :smiley:

I don't feel any shame on my statement. We are all entitled to our opinions whether you like it or not

Yes Craigw and Rebecca is entitled to post however many times she likes whether you like it or not! You can't have this only one way and I for one hope Rebecca keeps posting on whichever forum she likes.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline juwivive

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5772 on: 17 December 2016, 14:48 »
I don't feel any shame on my statement.

That says it all, really.  Do you know what the word "sociopath" means?

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5773 on: 17 December 2016, 14:57 »
I don't feel any shame on my statement.

That says it all, really.  Do you know what the word "sociopath" means?

Amazing how many guys who have hardly posted on this forum are now coming out the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon.

I've clearly offended many sensitive souls on here by my simple question which was hardly offensive
« Last Edit: 17 December 2016, 15:00 by CraigW »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5774 on: 17 December 2016, 15:35 »

I've never said that about anyone on here but lo and behold looks like the same thing happening again on this thread.

But you absolutely did though. Shame I didn't take a screenshot before the mods deleted it at the time, so I've only my memory to rely on. Anyway, it's no odds to me, just calling you out on it while you're busy taking pot shots at Craig.

Maybe everyone should calm down a bit and just accept that everyone has their own opinions - especially on the internet! Craig could have perhaps phrased things better but a bit of conflicting opinions keeps things interesting... If you don't like it, take it on the chin and suck it up. Throwing toys out of the pram and deleting posts achieves nothing.

Happy Christmas all  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 December 2016, 15:38 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5775 on: 17 December 2016, 16:02 »
Well it wasnt actually today, but last night.  Had it hand washed + waxed and polished.

Behold the prettiness :

Have to admit I did a double take the first time I saw it this morning

Also fed it with Vpower diesel for once to see if it likes it (previous car did ;))

Not so good, slipped and fell on garage forecourt - crutches hit some grease/oil and went out form under me.  Tried to use pay at pump but it wouldnt work - but got there in the end thanks to a helpful attendant.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5776 on: 17 December 2016, 16:29 »

I've never said that about anyone on here but lo and behold looks like the same thing happening again on this thread.

But you absolutely did though. Shame I didn't take a screenshot before the mods deleted it at the time, so I've only my memory to rely on. Anyway, it's no odds to me, just calling you out on it while you're busy taking pot shots at Craig.

Maybe everyone should calm down a bit and just accept that everyone has their own opinions - especially on the internet! Craig could have perhaps phrased things better but a bit of conflicting opinions keeps things interesting... If you don't like it, take it on the chin and suck it up. Throwing toys out of the pram and deleting posts achieves nothing.

Happy Christmas all  :laugh:
At no point did I specifically call anyone on this forum by any other derogatory name. The entire last few pages could have been avoided and also a valued member potentially deciding to no longer post if the original complainant had maybe thought a bit before typing. No one person on here is bigger or better than another and a few people need to remember this.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5777 on: 17 December 2016, 16:37 »
Is it safe to take my tin hat off yet?

Edit, perhaps not yet.

Jesus wept, the lad only said what he thought. If this was a real life situation and one of Craig's mates had got his holiday snaps out for the umpteenth time in the pub, I'm sure he would have called him much worse and his mate and those around would have thought no more about it. The fact that it happened on the internet where everyone is too afraid to speak their mind in case it might upset somebody is laughable.

I'm not having a go at Bec for giving some back. Why shouldn't she? But really, have the rest of the posts in the last 24 hours been really necessary?

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5778 on: 17 December 2016, 17:28 »
Time for this subject to move on, and for the thread to get back to topic.  There will be no more repetitive posts, or 'holiday snaps' from me.

Have a great Christmas and New Year all.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5779 on: 17 December 2016, 17:31 »
Time for this subject to move on, and for the thread to get back to topic.  There will be no more repetitive posts, or 'holiday snaps' from me.

Have a great Christmas and New Year all.  :smiley:

Yes agreed, I apologise if I upset you, it was not my intention. Let's all just drop it now