Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785001 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5640 on: 15 November 2016, 20:37 »
Not done a great deal got the winter wheels set up ready to go on refitted the audi 12v lighter cover and card holder and did the red footwell light conversion ( with the assistance of Watts and a 2nd bulb holder ) damn the nearside cable is short good job the side panel comes off easy enough lol.. :whistle:

how to take screenshots

free picture hosting

forum image hosting

image uploading

Looks good.  :cool: The passenger side footwell loom is ridiculously short.  I remember swearing a lot when I did mine.

Thanks Rebecca it was your blue footwell that put me on the idea lol  :whistle: :whistle: but yeah it is unplugging was easy gettin it back in was a pain till I took off the kick plate moved the loom it splices off from until it was in place then just put everything back lol  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 24 November 2016, 18:24 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5641 on: 15 November 2016, 21:42 »

Thanks Rebecca it was your blue footwell that put me on the idea lol  :whistle: :whistle: but yeah it is unplugging was easy gettin it back in was a pain till I took off the kick plate moved the loom it splices off from until it was in place then just put everything back lol  :smiley:

I just about managed it without removing the kickplate, but if I did it again I would just undo it as you did.  I did mine solo and had to assume some sort of contortionist position half in and half out of the car to do it. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5642 on: 15 November 2016, 21:50 »

I just about managed it without removing the kickplate, but if I did it again I would just undo it as you did.  I did mine solo and had to assume some sort of contortionist position half in and half out of the car to do it.

Lol yeah I know that feeling I'm 6ft 4" so it was very interesting indeed hahaha

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5643 on: 24 November 2016, 14:14 »
Placed my credit card on the centre console sliding lid, only to realise the car park I was in was coins only, opened the slider to get some coins from the cubby, (where the cup holders are) credit card disappeared into the armrest section!  :grin:

How easily does the centre console come out?  :whistle:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5644 on: 24 November 2016, 14:34 »
Placed my credit card on the centre console sliding lid, only to realise the car park I was in was coins only, opened the slider to get some coins from the cubby, (where the cup holders are) credit card disappeared into the armrest section!  :grin:

I've had a similar incident though luckily for me it was only a 20p piece. Not going to strip the interior down for that! If I was you I'd be tempted to cancel the card and get a new one issued as chances are things won't go back quite as they should and/or damage will be done.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5645 on: 24 November 2016, 14:47 »

I did the same thing months ago, albeit with a swipe card for the work carpark. I just got a new swipe card  :cool:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5646 on: 24 November 2016, 14:58 »

I've had a similar incident though luckily for me it was only a 20p piece. Not going to strip the interior down for that! If I was you I'd be tempted to cancel the card and get a new one issued as chances are things won't go back quite as they should and/or damage will be done.

Yea I was thinking it might just be easier to cancel the card/state as lost.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5647 on: 24 November 2016, 17:12 »

Seems a common problem  http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12406
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5648 on: 24 November 2016, 18:26 »

Had a close shave very simular hence I got the below so I didn't do it again lol once bit twice shy  :whistle: :whistle:

image uploading

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5649 on: 24 November 2016, 22:17 »

Did the exact same thing a few weeks ago.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/16879-remove-the-centre-console-lid/?p=280851

Useful info on removing the centre console in that thread.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11