Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5400 on: 23 September 2016, 13:02 »
Update on the windscreen repair, Nation wide motorglass came did repaired, fast efficient no hitches. Many thanks to Robbie.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5401 on: 23 September 2016, 18:58 »
The car had the last service on the 3 year plan, and an MOT...which it failed!

There is a fuel leak from one the injectors. Fortunately it is a warranty item they won't give me the car back as they think it is dangerous. A driveshaft boot needs replacing too - not an MOT fail at this stage, but the garage wanted to do it as it is also a warranty item. For information, the car has covered just over 12k miles.

I think I am glad I optioned the 5 year warranty now, as I plan keeping this car for at least another year.
Update on my earlier post. I got the car back today, and the actual MOT failure was the High Pressure Fuel Pump, which was leaking.

Anyone else had this problem?
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline fergie7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5402 on: 23 September 2016, 20:16 »
Update on my earlier post. I got the car back today, and the actual MOT failure was the High Pressure Fuel Pump, which was leaking.

I had my high pressure fuel pump changed under warranty in May 2015 at just under 10k miles (Oct 2013 registered car).  It was leaking at the HP fuel pump regulator, they fitted a new fuel pump and cam follower.

Just started to notice a very slight smell of fumes in the cabin on way home one day and when got back and opened bonnet for a look saw a wee trace of residue around the fuel pump.

MkI Golf GTI 1.8 (1982)
MkVII Golf GTI PP (2013)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5403 on: 23 September 2016, 20:41 »

I had my high pressure fuel pump changed under warranty in May 2015 at just under 10k miles (Oct 2013 registered car).  It was leaking at the HP fuel pump regulator, they fitted a new fuel pump and cam follower.

Just started to notice a very slight smell of fumes in the cabin on way home one day and when got back and opened bonnet for a look saw a wee trace of residue around the fuel pump.
Love the shot of the two GTI's in your sig, very cool :cool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline fergie7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5404 on: 23 September 2016, 21:17 »
Love the shot of the two GTI's in your sig, very cool :cool:

Thanks!  Unfortunately the mk1 doesn't quite look like that at the minute, most of it is in boxes getting ready for a full restoration...
« Last Edit: 23 September 2016, 21:19 by fergie7 »

MkI Golf GTI 1.8 (1982)
MkVII Golf GTI PP (2013)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5405 on: 24 September 2016, 21:27 »
Not today but yesterday....

Had the dashcam installed.  Installer from Blackvue did an excellent job.  Made him a cuppa, had a chat and then left him to it.  Took about an hour then he went through the basics and set up the app etc.

I chose to have it located to the left of the mirror as the HBA camera sits in front and central to the mirror, and the dashcam would have had to be stuck quite low on the windscreen to be clear of that.  But really pleased with it, can’t be seen at all from driver’s seat.  Can see it partially from passenger seat but I’m never sat in that seat anyway. Very discreet.  Here’s a few pics.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #5406 on: 24 September 2016, 21:43 »
Looks like a good install job :)
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5407 on: 24 September 2016, 23:59 »
Exactly where I had mine - so it couldn't be seen from the driver's seat, had a cutout on the rim of the domed part of the rear view mirror assembly cover so as not to pinch the cabling. Have you set it up for continuous monitoring? Keep an eye on the heat the front unit is putting out. Definitely the best looking Dashcam form I found for dual channel.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5408 on: 25 September 2016, 09:08 »
A good dashcam is the next thing on my shopping list.

Anyone know of any decent fitters in the North West? I've seen some websites which offer a nationwide service for fitting but they seem a bit pricey. Equally, at £30 Halfords seem too cheap and I wouldn't trust them at all anyway!
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5409 on: 25 September 2016, 14:03 »
Looks like a good install job :)

Ta, he did a really good job and trim all intact.

Exactly where I had mine - so it couldn't be seen from the driver's seat, had a cutout on the rim of the domed part of the rear view mirror assembly cover so as not to pinch the cabling. Have you set it up for continuous monitoring? Keep an eye on the heat the front unit is putting out. Definitely the best looking Dashcam form I found for dual channel.

Yes, it's hard wired in with the Power Magic Pro, and set to run for 12 hours when parked up.  That's plenty long enough.  Yeah I mentioned about overheating and he said they've had it on a few units but has tended to be when the cooling vents have become blocked.

It was important for me that itv was a very discreet looking unit.  I looked at the Thinkware F770 but the front camera unit was just too bulky for my liking.  Not cheap but money well spent I think.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11