Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5350 on: 16 September 2016, 14:11 »
Fantastic news Rebecca!
Fingers crossed this is the last time your car gets abused by a stranger.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5351 on: 16 September 2016, 14:34 »
Your repaired R looks good, the nearside rear wing seems to show a strong "orange peel" effect in the paint, maybe it's the lighting?

I am sure you will get a far better idea on the repair once you have detailed the car.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5352 on: 16 September 2016, 14:45 »
Looking good again Rebecca.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5353 on: 16 September 2016, 14:52 »
Really pleased for you :smiley: Just don't forget when you are driving and press the throttle as you had to in the Micra :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5354 on: 16 September 2016, 14:52 »
Your repaired R looks good, the nearside rear wing seems to show a strong "orange peel" effect in the paint, maybe it's the lighting?

It will match the rest of the car then. I think VW's are terrible for orange peel.

Its looking great Bec. Pleased for you its all turned out okay.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5355 on: 16 September 2016, 15:46 »
Nipped to Costco and couldn't resist snapping this shot  :nerd:
  , on Flickr
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5356 on: 16 September 2016, 16:38 »
Phew! And  :cool:

:afro:

Fantastic news Rebecca!
Fingers crossed this is the last time your car gets abused by a stranger.

Looking good again Rebecca.

Really pleased for you :smiley: Just don't forget when you are driving and press the throttle as you had to in the Micra :wink:

Thanks everyone.  I'm hugely relived and pleased to get it back looking so well.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5357 on: 16 September 2016, 16:44 »

I am sure you will get a far better idea on the repair once you have detailed the car.

The lightning emphasis it but the orange peel on the resprayed wing is the same level as previously and matches the rest of the car.  Orange Peel is the curse of a VW and whilst present on most colours, is at its most noticeable on DBP.  If you were to look through my Flick pics there are several close up pics of panels which clearly show orange peel to the same degree, so in that respect the repair is as per the factory. 

I have learned to embrace the orange peel, though I have invested in the Meguairs Microfibre Correction DA pad and polish system which has been shown to have a 'levelling' effect on orange peel.  So when I am able to fit in my next full detail and DA session I will be closely looking to see if it does make any noticeable difference. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5358 on: 16 September 2016, 16:46 »

It will match the rest of the car then. I think VW's are terrible for orange peel.

Its looking great Bec. Pleased for you its all turned out okay.

Thanks Stevie.  Spot on with the orange peel comment.  It would have looked wrong if it didn't have any.  You either have it or you don't but if you do, you want the car to be the same all over.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5359 on: 16 September 2016, 19:11 »
Great stuff Rebecca! It does look a bit orange-peely, but I can also confirm that the lapiz blue factory paint is like that too.

Did you have to get the tyre changed too? That's a new tyre anyway by the looks of it.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.