Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5270 on: 06 September 2016, 22:33 »
Tomorrow morning, the map will be removed and the dtuk pedal box switched off, goes in for a service Thursday. It'll be interesting driving a normal GTD.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #5271 on: 08 September 2016, 10:35 »
Courtesy car 2.0l bluemotion.....avoid anything with that badge on the back!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5272 on: 08 September 2016, 15:12 »

At least you got the 2.0! I had a 1.6 (?) TDI as a loaner last time. Having to change down going up hills is utterly meh.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5273 on: 08 September 2016, 16:58 »

At least you got the 2.0! I had a 1.6 (?) TDI as a loaner last time. Having to change down going up hills is utterly meh.

I got a 5 door automatic Up. It was a bit plasticky inside but the engine was good, it was very comfortable and surprisingly spacious. The gearbox though was an utter disgrace. Worst I have ever experienced, how on earth they sell any is beyond me! It took ages to shift and lurched twice on each change :sick: I was so glad to get back in mine, I assume the Golf DSGs aren't like that?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5274 on: 08 September 2016, 18:08 »
Car going back to VW Wishaw tomorrow morning for its software updates that couldn't be done last week. I will be waiting there for it to be done before going to work in the afternoon.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5275 on: 08 September 2016, 19:35 »
Car going back to VW Wishaw tomorrow morning for its software updates that couldn't be done last week. I will be waiting there for it to be done before going to work in the afternoon.

Don't forget to take your WoWo 'do not wash' hangar Dave. :wink:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5276 on: 08 September 2016, 19:48 »

Don't forget to take your WoWo 'do not wash' hangar Dave. :wink:

Of course! :laugh:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #5277 on: 08 September 2016, 20:51 »
Drove it to an event to play with some slightly more exotic machinery :)

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5278 on: 08 September 2016, 21:43 »

I got a 5 door automatic Up. It was a bit plasticky inside but the engine was good, it was very comfortable and surprisingly spacious. The gearbox though was an utter disgrace. Worst I have ever experienced, how on earth they sell any is beyond me! It took ages to shift and lurched twice on each change :sick: I was so glad to get back in mine, I assume the Golf DSGs aren't like that?

No they aren't. On the contrary in D The Golf DSG box shifts up very quickly, too quickly if anything. DSG on the Golf mk7 is smooth or at least it should be and if it isn't then it's user error or broken.

Talking of lurching gearboxes, the Nissan Micra manual gearbox is no peach.   It's quite nippy for a 1.2 but the panels are wafer thin and it's barely a step up from a tin can on wheels.  I've been in it just over a week now and am missing the R very much.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5279 on: 09 September 2016, 14:28 »

No they aren't. On the contrary in D The Golf DSG box shifts up very quickly, too quickly if anything. DSG on the Golf mk7 is smooth or at least it should be and if it isn't then it's user error or broken.

Talking of lurching gearboxes, the Nissan Micra manual gearbox is no peach.   It's quite nippy for a 1.2 but the panels are wafer thin and it's barely a step up from a tin can on wheels.  I've been in it just over a week now and am missing the R very much.

Thank god for that! I can't over state just how bad the Up!'s gearbox was.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.