Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5220 on: 01 September 2016, 09:03 »
Sitting with my tablet and complementary tea and free Wi-Fi at VW Wishaw waiting for service to be done :whistle:

Part of their system is down so they may not be able to do the software updates today unless it comes back up by the time the service is done. I was a bit late as well due to a road closure so may have to wait a bit longer. They confirmed that the updates are what the warranty recall is and it's not for emissions. Double-checked that they have it noted that I don't want it washed, and it's been highlighted on the worksheet and also written and highlighted on the key tag. I also put my wo-wo hangar in...

I did make up an A4 sign as well but couldn't think of the best place to put it so left it out. Took a couple of photos myself before I came in of where all the chips/scratches are.

There's a lovely smell of bacon coming from the café they have here but I don't have any cash on me for a bacon roll :sad:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5221 on: 01 September 2016, 10:55 »
Blimey Bec, that's shocking. I've only just seen it whilst catching up after hols.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5222 on: 01 September 2016, 11:04 »
I thought that the new diesels/GTD now are on 'long life' services?  :huh: My GTD went for its first serive @ 18 or 19k miles?

Anyway its my GTD's 1st birthday today  :laugh: I've covered just under 24k miles, can't fault it at all.

If I had to order another I would change from TR as I've found it attracts too much unwanted attention, I would also loose keyless (if you could) as I still hate this free option.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5223 on: 01 September 2016, 11:15 »
Sitting with my tablet and complementary tea and free Wi-Fi at VW Wishaw waiting for service to be done :whistle:

Service done. Car survived unscathed. Apart from advising me that one of the locking nuts is a bit chewed - which I did when I took them off earlier in the year as I couldn't get the torque-wrench to work, everything is all good.

I gave it a good look around before I drove away particularly checking the plastic trim at the bottom for damage from the ramps as I recalled someone else on here had an issue with that before.

Didn't get the software updates done today as their system for that was still down so it will have to go back for that.

Those bridgestones that are still on the rear are certainly a very hard compound, as according to their measurements, there's still over 7mm left on them! :shocked: The Michelins I put on 7th may have 6.5mm left - maybe my right foot is still a bit heavy! :embarrassed:

I can tell they definitely didn't wash it as instructed, as there's some tiny bits of dirt I can see from overnight rain/dew, as I gave it a snow-foam, rinse and towel dry yesterday afternoon.

I thought that the new diesels/GTD now are on 'long life' services?  :huh: My GTD went for its first serive @ 18 or 19k miles?

Anyway its my GTD's 1st birthday today  :laugh: I've covered just under 24k miles, can't fault it at all.

If I had to order another I would change from TR as I've found it attracts too much unwanted attention, I would also loose keyless (if you could) as I still hate this free option.

Mine was on fixed (10K) servicing when I got it as it was a pre-reg car from VW.... they do that to try and get you to have their service plans. I will be asking for it to be switched to long life as soon as the plan is used up.

I do still love the TR - it's so deep and rich, but would consider LSG next time after seeing others on here - a colour I would have never previously considered. I did originally want CSG when I first started looking around for the GTD, but I now prefer TR by a long way.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5224 on: 01 September 2016, 11:20 »

That sounds spot on for long life servicing. Time/distance would be 10K, or 12 months. What are you thinking is wrong? The car has an oil condition monitor, so it's not all down to milage or time, but I think 20K is about the maximum mileage, anyway, so you've done pretty well! That's a heck of an annual mileage. You're definitely in the right car and on the right service regime!

What's not to like about keyless?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5225 on: 01 September 2016, 11:42 »

That sounds spot on for long life servicing. Time/distance would be 10K, or 12 months. What are you thinking is wrong? The car has an oil condition monitor, so it's not all down to milage or time, but I think 20K is about the maximum mileage, anyway, so you've done pretty well! That's a heck of an annual mileage. You're definitely in the right car and on the right service regime!

What's not to like about keyless?

I would of thought around 20-25k miles a year would be average for a GTD?
Its a company car and we have jobs all over the UK so its a little workhorse really. Might treat it to a dtuk box soon, yes its pretty quick standard but IMO 184hp these days isn't that much.

I don't like having anything in my pockets whilst driving and don't like having the key sat either on the passenger seat or in the centre cubby, I guess I just miss putting the key in and turning it.  :cry:

I also wouldn't be too bothered about loosing the pan roof next time, gets a bit too noisy/windy over 50mph.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5226 on: 01 September 2016, 12:38 »
Blimey Bec, that's shocking. I've only just seen it whilst catching up after hols.

Rubbish isn't it Simon. Beginning to think the car's jinxed.  It's the first ever 'on the move' accident I've been involved in, all other damage to this and previous cars has been where damage has been inflicted on the car whilst stationary or parked up.

Police don't seem to care that the van driver fled the scene and as soon as they learned it occurred on a roundabout they said almost impossible to prove unless CCTV catches the actual collision.  Insurer is on the case though and have already contacted the witness and got their statement.

Anyway it's in good hands at the repairer and hopefully have back in a matter of a few weeks and hope it's share of woes might be at an end.

The standard of some people's driving is shocking and seems to be getting worse.  Was out in the courtesy car yesterday and being extra aware of stuff atm, came across at least half dozen sights that could have easily led to accident! 

Btw, hope you had a good hol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5227 on: 01 September 2016, 13:51 »
Less than a day without keyless and missing it already.  Same goes for DSG.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #5228 on: 01 September 2016, 16:39 »
 I have just read what happened to you Booth and I can not imagine how you must feel towards that driver  :sick:, I wouldn’t have thought he or she have insurance either. Well I hope your luck changes as you have had your fair share of bad luck, if you do fancy cleaning another black [Gti Though] feel free, I have never seen such a shiny black as yours and to be honest it makes what happened even worse..good luck.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5229 on: 01 September 2016, 18:45 »
Oh noooooo Sorry to hear this Booth, must be so upsetting to see your pride and joy like this, was always looking mint in all the pictures i have seen, which goes to show how much you look after it.

Fingers crossed it can get sorted quickly for you.