Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5060 on: 30 July 2016, 12:46 »
I'll second the comments about the NC500, simply incredible scenery up there. It's amazing how empty that part of the world is compared to Manchester and the like.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5061 on: 30 July 2016, 14:34 »
CraigW - I recall it was your goodself selling the virtues of a trip on the NC500, this is something that is near the top of my list for next year, was wondering if there was a better time of year to go and why? Any tips you can offer would be gratefully received. Cheers :smiley:

Watts, the NC500 is spectacular and you will love it, great roads and amazing scenery. One piece of advice I would give is avoid going during the School holidays so up here they begin the end of June and return middle of August. So I'd say end of Aug beginning of September would be best bet plus you can get some decent weather up here at that time. 

On your way up to Inverness where it starts its well worth going up via Loch Lomond and Loch Ness as some beautiful landscapes there as well and you might see Nessie  :grin:. Other than that get on the official website and look at accommodation and so forth. Plenty of whisky distilleries on the way up and a stop of at Dunrobin Castle is well worth a visit.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. It's either the NC500 or a wine region of France next year, really fancy a good road trip.

I'll second the comments about the NC500, simply incredible scenery up there. It's amazing how empty that part of the world is compared to Manchester and the like.

Cheers too Kalimon, always good to have a second opinion :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5062 on: 30 July 2016, 23:20 »
Traded the GTI for a Tiguan SEL, this is not a good day.... :cry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5063 on: 31 July 2016, 12:43 »

Oh dear, any reason? bet it feels so different to drive?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5064 on: 31 July 2016, 14:14 »

:sad:  Needs must I guess.  You'll always be a GTI boy at heart, Jimble. :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #5065 on: 31 July 2016, 16:50 »
If you go see the new Jason Bourne film, the bad guy chases him in a gti .. :cool:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5066 on: 31 July 2016, 17:34 »
Given it a quick wash and finished with a spray of quick detailer (Bouncers Done and Dusted). Last wash included a wax with Finish Kare FK1000p, first time since the G-Techniq C2v3 had worn off and I must say I'm liking the feel of the paint and the glossy finish but don't want to waste the G-Techniq, not sure whether or not to use it this winter or just to keep the layers of wax up to date. Anyway, some shiny pictures :smiley:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5067 on: 31 July 2016, 19:37 »

A very good day I'd say. I was really impressed with the Tig. Surely you wouldn't have done the deal if it wasn't the right thing to do?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5068 on: 31 July 2016, 21:11 »
If you go see the new Jason Bourne film, the bad guy chases him in a gti .. :cool:

He'd have caught Bourne if he'd been in an R.  :whistle:

The old MK5 GT Sport featured in one of the earlier Bourne films, when Jason and Nikki are leaving a Treadstone safehouse.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5069 on: 31 July 2016, 21:25 »
After being out until 4pm (Metrocentre - saw the new Star Trek film while we were out, pretty good!), I decided that with the car having done 5k miles on the Michelin PSS, it was time to rotate the wheels to even out the wear. Looks like the tyres are holding up well, fronts were barely more worn than the rears

I gave them a damn good clean while I was at it, inside and out while they were off the car, all traces of brake dust and tar are gone, and I gave the calipers a good clean too. Didn't have time to give them a coat of C2V3, so will have to hope nothing sticks to them until I get around to doing that.

Also noticed a few weird paint chips/scrapes on the car. On the very front of the side skirt on the drivers side, towards the botton edge, there were 3 raised lacerations in the surface, about 2mm long. I pressed them back down. I will have to trim the lifted pieces of paint away and fill with many layers of touch up paint.

Same indentations/lacerations on the passenger side of the rear bumper, right at the back on the bottom inch where it flares out, but 4 this time, spaced about 5mm apart each and 2mm long. Directionality of the raised areas makes it look like it was scraped back to front. looks like a serrated edge has dug into the paint. I will be doing a fair bit with the touch up paint, p4000 paper and polish in the near future.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.