Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5030 on: 26 July 2016, 21:35 »
MrParkUK: Why not place that order in November (if you can wait that long) - a crappy time of year for the dealerships, so they'll be keener, but think about when you'll be getting it - it'll be ready for the March 17 plate.

Given that he has a trade in will this not negate any good deal he'll get in November as his current car will be less desirable as well?

@Mrparkuk or monkeyhanger as you are good with the finances, but is there any difference / advantage to paying a huge deposit with low monthlies compared to a small deposit and large monthlies?

Come the end of the agreement both ways will leave you with the exact same GFV figure.

Would it be more advantageous at the beginning of the agreement as you should owe less than what the car is worth?

Huge deposit and low monthlies will see you paying a little less interest over the term, not massively less though, as you'll always be paying interest on the GFV amount no matter how quickly you clear the rest of it. Every month you should be clearing more than the depreciation suffered in that month - in Nov you should have more equity (maybe not much more). More paid upfront will put you in equity sooner if you decide to change before your PCP term is up.

Sound like logical advice. Thanks for the clarification.
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline MikeP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5031 on: 27 July 2016, 15:08 »
Today I mainly put Revo Stage 1 on my R.

So it's now a Golf Pirate i.e. a Golf Rr!

Goes like stink.

HAs the remap met your expectations of how much quicker you had hoped it would be?

When I did our Mk6 GTi it transformed the car into something quite special.
The throttle response is a lot smoother and power comes in in in a more linear fashion.

Very very quick, and lots of silly smiles.

I'd love to do this to my R, but I wouldn't dare for fear of clutch slip or popping the Turbo, I had no fears adding a DTUK box to my GTD, but the GTI and R don't seem to have much over-engineering in them (especially the clutch). Is your manual or DSG?
DSG, the best option.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5032 on: 27 July 2016, 15:27 »
Today I mainly put Revo Stage 1 on my R.

So it's now a Golf Pirate i.e. a Golf Rr!

Goes like stink.

HAs the remap met your expectations of how much quicker you had hoped it would be?

When I did our Mk6 GTi it transformed the car into something quite special.
The throttle response is a lot smoother and power comes in in in a more linear fashion.

Very very quick, and lots of silly smiles.

I'd love to do this to my R, but I wouldn't dare for fear of clutch slip or popping the Turbo, I had no fears adding a DTUK box to my GTD, but the GTI and R don't seem to have much over-engineering in them (especially the clutch). Is your manual or DSG?
DSG, the best option.

I want to make my car more exciting, not less.  :grin:

Not a DSG fan, and not often stuck in traffic.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #5033 on: 27 July 2016, 21:33 »
Just finished full detail of my GTi. Well overdue but the weather was in it so went for it. Very happy with the results. Hope the rain stays away for at least a day so I can enjoy it ! Carbon grey really is a great colour when it's clean. I've fallen back in love with the car too since the remap. It has transformed the car. Well here are some photos with reflection shots for those interested.

Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5034 on: 27 July 2016, 21:57 »
^^Superb job :smiley: What remap have you had done? What has been the benefit and has there been any problems such as traction?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #5035 on: 27 July 2016, 22:10 »
Thanks Watts !  :rolleyes: I had a custom remap done, no branded map. I insisted that I wanted the car to feel the same down low so that it wouldn't be ruined driving around town etc. He mapped the car over 3 hours with 3 rolling road runs along with test drives until he was happy. I had the tombstones still fitted when I got the remap last week but they were worse than usual after the map. I just fitted a set of vredstein ultrac sessantas and now there is no loss of traction. The change is the throttle response if massively improved. It's so instant really makes a difference. The numbers on the dyno were 283bhp and 415nm torque but I am more interested in how it feels. It feels fantastic.  :evil: the shove in the back now when you want it is severe and 3rd and 4th gear actually make me laugh out loud!! The tuner said that this map was conservative and that the car is massively detuned from Wolsburg. He recommended I change oil and filter every 7500km or twice a year but assured me that the turbo and engine were well within safe parameters. The tune was all done via OBD. I'm chuffed.  :cool:

Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5036 on: 27 July 2016, 22:43 »
I've never liked the standard gti wheels but I think they look really nice with the carbon grey combo. It's making me itch and usually when that happens I end up with a new car 😉
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5037 on: 28 July 2016, 03:22 »
Just finished full detail of my GTi. Well overdue but the weather was in it so went for it. Very happy with the results. Hope the rain stays away for at least a day so I can enjoy it ! Carbon grey really is a great colour when it's clean. I've fallen back in love with the car too since the remap. It has transformed the car. Well here are some photos with reflection shots for those interested.

Stunning! :cool: Paintwork looks fantastic. Very nice work.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5038 on: 28 July 2016, 07:21 »
Looks fantastic!
Although having a garage that you can actually fit a car into must make things easier.
I've got a double garage that I would struggle fitting a motorbike in.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5039 on: 28 July 2016, 07:32 »
That looks brilliant Carbon VW. Paintwork looks almost liquid-like on the inside shots. I wish I had your garage - great facilities for machine polishing, rather than having to wait for good weather to be able to machine polish outside on the driveway.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl