Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785068 times)

Offline MikeP

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5010 on: 25 July 2016, 19:42 »
Today I mainly put Revo Stage 1 on my R.

So it's now a Golf Pirate i.e. a Golf Rr!

Goes like stink.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5011 on: 25 July 2016, 20:34 »
Gave the car a wash prior to its first service tomorrow. How tragic is that! I don't want it looking too unloved.

I have let them know already that I don't want it washing/ vacuuming. I'm no detailing freak but I'd rather any swirls were due to my incompetence rather than a VW numpty with a gritty sponge.

Used the last of my Autoglym wheel cleaner - any suggestions on a replacement? I need squirt on, leave and then rinse. Nothing too expensive or complicated!

Very nice job.

Always best to clean it before it goes in for service. Firstly they won't clean it, especially if you plaster the inside with do not clean signs, and secondly, they might be inclined to treat a well looked after car with a bit more care than a filthy one. Hope all goes well at the service.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #5012 on: 25 July 2016, 21:16 »
Just back from a 2k Spanish trip in the car.

Brake dust on the tyres makes them latte brown until I cleaned them :whistle:

Storm coming, in more ways than one

and our cat lurking with intent...

Looks great, nice place in Spain! Do you just cross the channel and drive all the way or get a ferry further down out of interest?

Tunnel at Folkstone and drove all the way.  Rouen, Bourges, Milau, Perpignan, Palamos. Stop over night in Bourges in an Ibis as it makes it easy to do.  Been doing it a few years now so got the fuel and rest stops down to a fine art.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5013 on: 26 July 2016, 12:45 »
Cheers JT :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5014 on: 26 July 2016, 13:46 »
Cheers Booth11. Again, much appreciated praise from the master!

Well car now back home. Had the little video and all is well. Discs and tyres like new. Oil and filter done and the car returned unwashed as requested.

While it was being done I went out in a 3dr manual golf R on prets. Was out a good hour on mixed roads. Damp and rain in my part of the world as always. Very impressed. Car had DCC so I played with that and the various driving modes. Thought I wanted a DSG variant but was very happy with the manual. I don't do many m-way miles and during the week I'm on congestion free, urban/ country roads. Ideal manual territory.

The step up from my gti pp was more than I thought despite the 'hype' about how good the R is. I would happily exchange my wonderful gti for a golf R. I was concerned it might be a little flat low down and frantic higher up the rev range but it was calm, easy and pleasant around town. A modest press of the throttle and it just launched. A very addictive car. I now want one. I don't need the extra oomph but I want it!

The dealer cruched some numbers when I returned the car. Sadly they were way out of my league at the moment. Carwow discount prices seem better so just waiting to hear back from a few dealers. My curent vehicle is on pcp so will have to leave it another few months I think.

Very glad I have scratched the itch.
All those gti to R converts- I can see why.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2016, 13:48 by Mrparkuk »
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5015 on: 26 July 2016, 14:36 »
While it was being done I went out in a 3dr manual golf R on prets. Was out a good hour on mixed roads. Damp and rain in my part of the world as always. Very impressed. Car had DCC so I played with that and the various driving modes. Thought I wanted a DSG variant but was very happy with the manual. I don't do many m-way miles and during the week I'm on congestion free, urban/ country roads. Ideal manual territory.

The step up from my gti pp was more than I thought despite the 'hype' about how good the R is. I would happily exchange my wonderful gti for a golf R. I was concerned it might be a little flat low down and frantic higher up the rev range but it was calm, easy and pleasant around town. A modest press of the throttle and it just launched. A very addictive car. I now want one. I don't need the extra oomph but I want it!

The dealer cruched some numbers when I returned the car. Sadly they were way out of my league at the moment. Carwow discount prices seem better so just waiting to hear back from a few dealers. My curent vehicle is on pcp so will have to leave it another few months I think.

That could turn out to be a very expensive service :grin: Glad to hear it all went well.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5016 on: 26 July 2016, 15:48 »

How far into your PCP are you?

I've been crunching number for the last couple of days and because I already have the Nav Pro on my GTD its hard to leave it out on the R which then pushes the price up.

Pity I couldn't take it with me. 
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5017 on: 26 July 2016, 16:38 »

How far into your PCP are you?

I've been crunching number for the last couple of days and because I already have the Nav Pro on my GTD its hard to leave it out on the R which then pushes the price up.

Pity I couldn't take it with me.

Just 12 mths. I put a fair deposit/ trade in on the gti so negative equity shouldn't be an issue. Just the px value seemed low and the gfv on the new R was just over 12k. Thats a lot of money to finance. 

If I could do without my current keyless and take a white car it should make it possible. Not keen on the other colours. Shame no carbon grey. As you say adding the 'current' goodies adds to the total spend. Luckily the new models have nav and winterpack. Do like the keyless and it is very useful with having young kids. 
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #5018 on: 26 July 2016, 17:09 »
Today I mainly put Revo Stage 1 on my R.

So it's now a Golf Pirate i.e. a Golf Rr!

Goes like stink.

HAs the remap met your expectations of how much quicker you had hoped it would be?

When I did our Mk6 GTi it transformed the car into something quite special.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5019 on: 26 July 2016, 17:16 »

Lol, well that little spin could prove to be fatal.  The 7R is one car that lives up to the hype.  I decided to bypass the mk7 GTI, knowing it wasn't quite going to cut it for me this time round, though it's a very good car I do not doubt, but the R was calling.

Hope you can make the numbers work for you when the dealers come back to you. The base spec is great now with nav and winter pack included, though once you've had keyless, it would be hard to be without it, but small price to pay for the move to a great car.  Looks great in white.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11