Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4920 on: 14 July 2016, 17:14 »
More like what it did to me...

Boot lid was not as far open as I thought it was when I went to get my bag out at work this morning. Bashed my head off the pointy bit at the bottom edge of the window. It was bleeding for quite a bit, but the first aider has looked at it and its stopped now so no need to go to A&E thankfully.

Feel like a bit of an idiot more than anything else  :embarrassed:

Thought you might all need a good laugh this morning anyway!  :whistle:

Well I did need a good laugh this morning but not at the expensive of your head.  Ouch Dave!  That sounds painful.  Lucky you managed to avoid a trip to A&E.

I think you've missed the point there (no pun intended), Dave gets fixed for free if needed, is the car okay!??

As flesh is softer than steel I made the not difficult assumption that the car had come out on top of this little altercation.  :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure, some of the panels seem rather flimsy to me, not intending to test that theory myself though!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4921 on: 14 July 2016, 19:03 »

I think you've missed the point there (no pun intended), Dave gets fixed for free if needed, is the car okay!??

As flesh is softer than steel I made the not difficult assumption that the car had come out on top of this little altercation.  :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure, some of the panels seem rather flimsy to me, not intending to test that theory myself though!

Lol.

Not quite sure my post was in massive text!  Stupid iPhone in the sun!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4922 on: 14 July 2016, 19:18 »
Booked the three door in to be returned to standard next week, not used it for a couple of weeks after the Isle of Man trip, S2T paddles have been put on the estate and i feel a wheel/tyre change may be coming to the estate

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4923 on: 14 July 2016, 21:32 »
Had the old bucket & sponge out today so got a reflection shot after all my hard work

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4924 on: 14 July 2016, 21:37 »
Lovely job Eccie, great reflections :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4925 on: 14 July 2016, 21:52 »
Lovely job Eccie, great reflections :smiley:

Thanks Watts, it's a full day but worth it when you see the finished job

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4926 on: 14 July 2016, 21:53 »
Had the old bucket & sponge out today so got a reflection shot after all my hard work

Very nice reflections Eccie.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #4927 on: 14 July 2016, 22:39 »
Ooh you've just reminded me I was going to get one of these ages ago to replace the black one, but forgot about it.  Where did you get it from dave?

See JB has beaten me to it in resposne, lol.

Yupp, got it from a local audi dealer parts and cost £4.45, part number as per JB.

Never even crossed my mind to sit in one of their cars to see if I come across one  :laugh:

Thanks for the info Dave.  Yeah, JB was quick off the mark.  A call to local Audi dealership is in order I think. Best not go in there, the temptation to pocket one of the little 12v covers might be too much to resist and set me on a life of petty crime.  :laugh:

Im not advocating setting anyone off on a crime spree! TBH  I am a bit miffed with the dealer because of a problem with my wheels that they wont sort out to my satisfaction,so I feel its a bit of a gesture towards that,anyway performance VW's probably should have these fitted. :cool:

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4928 on: 15 July 2016, 11:07 »
My GTD had its first service @ 18,500 miles yesterday. Sept '15 65 plate.

Did a few miles in a Golf 1.6tdi match courtesy, makes you appreciate how good the GTD is.  :cool:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4929 on: 15 July 2016, 15:08 »
In preparation for our holiday to Yorkshire tomorrow and because it hasn't had much of a wash for a while, I gave it a wash, dry and a coat of FK1000p wax today. I'd given the interior a good going over a few days ago plus the wheels and external plastics to spread the load a bit so it didn't take too long. Pretty pleased with the resulting glossy finish although the bugs all over the front were a real pain, will have to address that properly next time. Also, despite choosing an overcast day, the car was drying quicker than I could wash it!

Anyway, a few of the obligatory pictures:

I'm keen on getting a pair of carbonfibre wing mirror covers and a DTE pedalbox soon and probably would've but I succumbed to my primary weakness in life, antiques and in particular Doulton stoneware. I couldn't resist this beauty by Hannah Barlow from 1876:

:smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.