Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4760 on: 10 June 2016, 20:50 »
Arranged to collect it from the bodyshop in the morning. 

So it will be bye bye to the little Skoda. :cry: :cry: :cry: :grin:

It's not been too bad really all things considered. Basic and I've missed DSG but better than the Corsa I had last time. Seats bloody uncomfortable though. My mission has been to see how much I could bring down long term mpg from it's original 44.4.  :grin:

I did like the dashboard stickers, especially the one stating it must go back in a clean condition. Their idea of clean differs a bit from mine.  I had to dust the media screen when I first got it as it was filthy, and then because I'd made a clean spot........ :grin:

Also loved the sticker drawing attention to the fact alloys are expensive to repair.......really???  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 10 June 2016, 20:53 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4761 on: 10 June 2016, 21:22 »
Booth, sincerely hope you get a great result tomorrow with your car's repairs, must be a bit nerve wracking.

Gave my car a thorough vacuum and dust inside plus cleaned the wheels and the black plastic sills and rear valance in preparation for a wash tomorrow. It's not been cleaned for a few weeks so rather bogging...

Oh, and the tailpipes with my washing up pad again :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4762 on: 10 June 2016, 22:20 »
Booth, sincerely hope you get a great result tomorrow with your car's repairs, must be a bit nerve wracking.

Gave my car a thorough vacuum and dust inside plus cleaned the wheels and the black plastic sills and rear valance in preparation for a wash tomorrow. It's not been cleaned for a few weeks so rather bogging...

Oh, and the tailpipes with my washing up pad again :whistle:

Thanks, I hope so too.  Might take my swirl spotting torch with me.  :laugh:  They did some respraying on my Mk6 GTI way back and it was a superb job so hoping this will be to the same standard, which was actually better than the factory finish.  Still, you never know.  :undecided:

Washing up pad - just don't take a magnifying glass to your tailpipes.  :wink: :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4763 on: 10 June 2016, 22:34 »
New Off-Side Mirror fitted after being damaged whilst stationary at traffic lights.

Work carried out by Ashmore Ryder in Dublin who i thoroughly recommend for bodywork repairs as ive had a few jobs done here now and always First Class work and excellent customer service from Barry and the team..!
« Last Edit: 10 June 2016, 22:43 by Fabio Bignose »
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #4764 on: 11 June 2016, 01:44 »
Blew the turbo in a 2.5 year old GTD - turbo and intercoooler being replaced under warranty - apparently the turbo split in half - photos from dealer to follow!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4765 on: 11 June 2016, 10:37 »
Blew the turbo in a 2.5 year old GTD - turbo and intercoooler being replaced under warranty - apparently the turbo split in half - photos from dealer to follow!

That's the first GTD turbo gone on here I think. Split in half - what a spectacular way to go.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #4766 on: 11 June 2016, 12:35 »

That's the first GTD turbo gone on here I think. Split in half - what a spectacular way to go.

Yep and only £30k miles and serviced 2 days ago!!!

Workshop manager said its not the 1st theyve had to replace
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4767 on: 11 June 2016, 13:48 »
Update:

Car went into bodyshop on Tuesday for repair following the door damage and the bumper damage. Rear passenger door crease dent and chip was repaired and the whole door resprayed, and damage to rear bumper crease was repaired and the corner resprayed.

Collected car from the bodyshop this morning and what a fantastic job they’ve done.  I am thrilled. Absolutely flawless repair and paint job to both and all back to its best now.  Even though it’s cost me £500 I’m actually glad I that I had full control over what type of repair was done and which bodyshop did it, rather than arguing it out with some third party.

I must give the highest praise the the bodyshop A B Crush.  They have done repair and paint on two of my cars now and both times I have been over the moon with the quality of the work and their excellent level of customer service.  It’s a bit of a far flung corner of the country but for anyone in this part of East Kent looking for a very good body shop should consider them. They are next to Lydden Hill Race Circuit, near Dover.

As a final goodbye to the little courtesy Skoda Fabia – I thrashed it all the way down to the bodyshop.  :laugh:

Door before:

Door after:

Bumper before:

Bumper after:

All back to normal:

:cool:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4768 on: 11 June 2016, 13:59 »
That looks a very good job Ms B  :cool:
Thankfully sorted to your satisfaction at the first attempt.

You can now give your left leg a nice rest.  :tongue:  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4769 on: 11 June 2016, 14:13 »
Great stuff, looks mint. Glad you're pleased :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.