Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785027 times)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4680 on: 25 May 2016, 21:16 »
Got 2 new front tyres fitted. Didn't get GYEF1's or Continental sc5's. Went for Michelin ps4's as were only a few £ more!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #4681 on: 25 May 2016, 21:56 »
Took car in for its 2yr service only to be told, before I was about to go and collect it, that I have a coolant leak and they need to strip the engine down to find it  :cry:

Under warranty with VW approved parts so all is good, keep us posted  :wink:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4682 on: 26 May 2016, 22:14 »
Booked it into the body shop for the repairs to the door and rear bumper. Going in on 7th June.  I asked what kind of courtesy car I might expect. Maybe Skoda, or.........Nissan Micra.  Oh God!  :cry:  Will be in between 1 and 3 days.  Please let it be only 1 day.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2016, 22:19 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4683 on: 27 May 2016, 07:53 »
Booked it into the body shop for the repairs to the door and rear bumper. Going in on 7th June.  I asked what kind of courtesy car I might expect. Maybe Skoda, or.........Nissan Micra.  Oh God!  :cry:  Will be in between 1 and 3 days.  Please let it be only 1 day.

Glad ur able to get it sorted quickly but ul be pushing the boards to get any get up and go out of that choice lol drive em incognito wife n dark glasses lol  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #4684 on: 27 May 2016, 13:06 »
When I had my rear bumper resprayed due to being chipped I had a VW Fox courtesy car.  I renamed it "Pig" as it drove like one, but was actually quite fun bombing down the dual carriageway seeing what I could get out of it while passing BMW's, Mercedes etc,. However I suspect it was only fun as I knew I was getting my car back in few days time.    :grin:

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4685 on: 27 May 2016, 13:23 »
Treated myself to a new pollen filter, since they didn't change it at my recent service (2nd) - decide to go for an
upgrade, we'll see how this works (not very well I'd imagine with the sunroof open :whistle:)

Info http://www.frecious-plus.com/en

« Last Edit: 27 May 2016, 14:29 by Eccie »

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4686 on: 28 May 2016, 02:22 »
Got a brick through patio window at about 1.30am today and much loved carbon grey pp stolen..had spent previous evening giving it a good clean and wax...full of all the 'should have' thoughts at the moment,gap insurance, guard lock sat in garage not being used etc etc. But mostly feeling a bit sick and guilty for putting family through the experience.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #4687 on: 28 May 2016, 04:19 »
That's awful, hope things get sorted out.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4688 on: 28 May 2016, 04:28 »
Thanks mustard, I guess I shouldn't be worrying too much about my car, my husband fell downstairs rushing to see what was happening and ended up in a&e with a nasty gash on his head.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4689 on: 28 May 2016, 04:59 »
I just hate hearing stories like yours Pixwix.
I hope hubby is ok and I hope once you all get over the shock everything will turn out ok.

My neighbour confronted a lowlife in their garden at 1:30am on Wednesday morning. We share a drive and I'm wondering if they'd been trying to locate my Golf. The neighbour the other side was up with their newborn and saw a car hanging around.

Thankfully they left in a hurry with nothing other than the shock of seeing my neighbour minus her makeup appear in the gloom! My car was at work with me anyway (night shift).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner