Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4630 on: 21 May 2016, 16:00 »
Hi all As I mentioned the other day managed to get a few pics this morning in between the rain lol happy to say the spacers haven't made any downside to the drive of the already fantastic Gti if anythiing I now miss the edges of the speed humps around our estate which is a big bonus  :whistle: :whistle:

upload image

free upload

screen shot windows

image hosting site no sign up

imgupload

post images

Yeah I know there's a few pics but they give you an all round idea and if ya got the VW Flaps ul not get the dredded tar n chips lol  :whistle: :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4631 on: 21 May 2016, 17:28 »
^^^^
That looks superb aps.

Today I've done nothing to my mk7
It's been peeing it down non stop so the thing has stayed under cover.
Not that it's clean anyway as it rained the following day after several hours of cleaning it last weekend (complete with a coat of G3 bodyshop detailer I found in the garage that I bought to use with claying my mk6 but never got round to it!).
The jury is out on the G3.
25 year old Mer brought the windows up nicely though  :grin:

So today I finally ordered some Tardis for my disgusting tar spots, some Mothers for my disgusting tail pipes and some wheel woolies just for the hell of it.
Staying home all day kinda gets expensive!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4632 on: 21 May 2016, 18:04 »
^^^^
That looks superb aps.

Today I've done nothing to my mk7
It's been peeing it down non stop so the thing has stayed under cover.
Not that it's clean anyway as it rained the following day after several hours of cleaning it last weekend (complete with a coat of G3 bodyshop detailer I found in the garage that I bought to use with claying my mk6 but never got round to it!).
The jury is out on the G3.
25 year old Mer brought the windows up nicely though  :grin:

So today I finally ordered some Tardis for my disgusting tar spots, some Mothers for my disgusting tail pipes and some wheel woolies just for the hell of it.
Staying home all day kinda gets expensive!
Frivolous sod :grin:
« Last Edit: 21 May 2016, 18:27 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4633 on: 21 May 2016, 18:55 »

:grin:  :grin:

After my telling off from Ms B on the previous page I'm just proving I'm not that bad after all!  :laugh:

I'm going to become a born again, born again detailer!

The first stage was just now.
I elected to use a one bowl method to wash the dishes by hand (to reduce the chance of dishwasher marring)
After a hot rinse to remove crumbs and cheese sauce remnants I filled my bowl using a moderat mix of fairy liquid swirled in by hand to maximise bubble formation.
Then the plates were scrubbed using a 95p sainsburys brush that seems to last marginally longer than a 25p Trago Mills brush and has a much thicker bristle head.
The Pyrex bowl was then rubbed down with a Sainsburys economy sponge scrubbing thingy to remove baked on cheese sauce before being finished with the brush.
The dishes were then dried with a non microfibre towel.

There, who says detailing posts are boring? I'm a changed man!

:laugh: :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4634 on: 21 May 2016, 19:19 »

After my telling off from Ms B on the previous page I'm just proving I'm not that bad after all!  :laugh:

I elected to use a one bowl method to wash the dishes by hand (to reduce the chance of dishwasher marring)
After a hot rinse to remove crumbs and cheese sauce remnants I filled my bowl using a moderat mix of fairy liquid swirled in by hand to maximise bubble formation.
Then the plates were scrubbed using a 95p sainsburys brush that seems to last marginally longer than a 25p Trago Mills brush and has a much thicker bristle head.
The Pyrex bowl was then rubbed down with a Sainsburys economy sponge scrubbing thingy to remove baked on cheese sauce before being finished with the brush.

I like that reminds me what we do when not putting our efforts into the car...
But I must admit you need help the car beckons lol :whistle: :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4635 on: 21 May 2016, 22:47 »

I don't know what's worse - a reformed detailer, or a born again, born again detailer.  But whichever it is, I'm glad you know your place is in the kitchen.  :wink:

Just follow that exact procedure on your R and it will look top notch.  :cool:  Luckily pure white is such a forgiving colour.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4636 on: 22 May 2016, 13:48 »
I've done a couple of things today.
Firstly I passed the 1000 mile mark in my car.
Secondly, I refitted my wheel spacers but this time using the locating screw after sourcing the correct size torx bit.
I also applied some copper grease to the hubs after eventually finding the tub I knew I had.
I also remembered this time to use the screw in wheel guide thingy, made the job a lot easier.
I'll post some pics up later to help any insomniacs get to sleep.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4637 on: 22 May 2016, 15:00 »

Could you hold fire on those please? I'm on nights next week and have to keep awake :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4638 on: 22 May 2016, 16:41 »
Well, yesterday, actually! Did my first longish journey in the GTI - a 400 mile round trip, to visit my mum, down south. Went great, as expected - comfortable, quick and smooth, and a bit quieter than the GTD. Obviously not as frugal with fuel, but not disappointed with just under 40 mpg, especially as this included quite a few attempts to perfect the exhaust pop on upshift! It's not just about full throttle and high revs, is it?

Very tempted by these pics of spaced out cars, and looking at Badgeskins as a cheap(er) way of adding a few more red accents.

Altogether lovin' the GTI experience. The GTD was good, but this is GREAT!  :laugh:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4639 on: 22 May 2016, 17:27 »

Could you hold fire on those please? I'm on nights next week and have to keep awake :whistle: :laugh:
Right Watts, you've asked for it now :laugh:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HfomX7]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GtnLbe]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HkShvE]

Sleep tight :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP