Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785046 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4580 on: 18 May 2016, 20:46 »
Oh dear Snooze, that's a shame. What happened? (There's been so many dings lately that it's tricky to remember them all so apologies if you have already posted.)
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4581 on: 18 May 2016, 21:47 »
Got my quote from the bodyshop to fix the damage to my rear arch and polish alloy wheel. £402!!!  :sick: Looks like I won't be getting it fixed after all  :cry:

Sorry to hear that Snooze. :sad:

Getting my door ding/chip and bumper scuff looked at this Friday.  Am expecting the quote to be pricy!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4582 on: 18 May 2016, 21:49 »
Run of bad luck continues.....

I blame Simon (dubber36) who said I'd had my three bits of bad luck and that was my quota. Seems 4 is the new 3!

Should be repairable - taking it down to the tyre place first thing in the morning.  At least I know the low tyre pressure warning system works.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4583 on: 18 May 2016, 22:14 »

Thats just pants

I am having similar bad luck, i love the car but had far too much misfortune and may go earlier the planned

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4584 on: 19 May 2016, 10:16 »

Thats just pants

I am having similar bad luck, i love the car but had far too much misfortune and may go earlier the planned

It's crap when stuff keeps happening isn't it?

But tyre repaired this morning, and Pret unscathed.  Phew!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4585 on: 19 May 2016, 11:09 »
I blame Simon (dubber36) who said I'd had my three bits of bad luck and that was my quota. Seems 4 is the new 3!

You just had to go one better Bec  :rolleyes:  :grin:. At least it was easily sorted.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4586 on: 19 May 2016, 12:14 »
Just a word to the wise ref chips etc loads of bids out there showing how it's done I picked up a chip just on roofline about 2" above the screen took it to my local chips
away expecting a near invisible repair as I have done to my other cars in the past but seeing as this was only 2wk old I thought I'd get it done professionally... How wrong I was I dropped the car off was asked for service book for paint code all good I thought but upon picking the car back up all they did was line the bottom of the ding the hole was still there I could see and feel the shoulders of the ding..
Explanation it's the best we can do apart from having the whole roof resprayed...
Note to self and all you out there don't use chipsaway unless you've ad work done before.
I'm going to tackle mine hopefully this weekend if the weather holds up..
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4587 on: 19 May 2016, 13:27 »
Got my quote from the bodyshop to fix the damage to my rear arch and polish alloy wheel. £402!!!  :sick: Looks like I won't be getting it fixed after all  :cry:

Gonna try a smart repair next.  Will also visit my local detailers to see if anything can be polished out.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4588 on: 19 May 2016, 14:35 »

Gonna try a smart repair next.  Will also visit my local detailers to see if anything can be polished out.

Hope you get some good news.

Thats just pants

It's crap when stuff keeps happening isn't it?

But tyre repaired this morning, and Pret unscathed.  Phew!

Well that's something at least! Hope Friday goes well.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4589 on: 19 May 2016, 15:02 »
Just a word to the wise ref chips etc loads of bids out there showing how it's done I picked up a chip just on roofline about 2" above the screen took it to my local chips
away expecting a near invisible repair as I have done to my other cars in the past but seeing as this was only 2wk old I thought I'd get it done professionally... How wrong I was I dropped the car off was asked for service book for paint code all good I thought but upon picking the car back up all they did was line the bottom of the ding the hole was still there I could see and feel the shoulders of the ding..
Explanation it's the best we can do apart from having the whole roof resprayed...
Note to self and all you out there don't use chipsaway unless you've ad work done before.
I'm going to tackle mine hopefully this weekend if the weather holds up..

I won't use my local Chipsaway, after the assessed some repairs I needed to rear bumper of my mk6 GTI.  A couple crinkles in the plastic and some scuffs on lip of bumper.  Said it was a respray job (fair enough) but couldn't guatantee getting the crinkles out so probably just respray over them!!!

I took it to a local bodyshop who sorted crinkles out and resprayed. Perfect job and and £50 cheaper than Chipsaway!  Im
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual