Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4570 on: 15 May 2016, 15:33 »
Nice!
The wheels really suit the car :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4571 on: 15 May 2016, 16:27 »
@Jackie Treehorn - looks gorgeous - love the wheels and the body colour.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4572 on: 15 May 2016, 16:27 »
Washed and waxed

« Last Edit: 15 May 2016, 17:53 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #4573 on: 15 May 2016, 16:56 »
Nicely dialled in booth,what product are you using tail pipes.I find trying to remove the soot build up on the inner edges to be nearly impossible.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4574 on: 15 May 2016, 17:08 »
Nicely dialled in booth,what product are you using tail pipes.I find trying to remove the soot build up on the inner edges to be nearly impossible.

Cheers.  I use Mothers Mag and Aluminium polish on my tailpipes. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mothers-Mag-Aluminium-Polish-5oz/dp/B00068GEJM?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I find the key is to keep on top of the soot and it comes off easily at every wash.  I always give the tailpipes a spray with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner whilst my snow foam is dwelling and then I use a big wheel woollie to loosen the carbon.  Then a quick buff up with the Mothers at the end.  If you are having trouble removing the soot, then use some very fine grade 0000 steel wool and some metal polish but only use it around the inner edges because it can scratch and dull the chrome.  But you can really work Mothers into the metal and with a bit of elbow grease it removes even baked on carbon.  I highly recommend it.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #4575 on: 15 May 2016, 18:18 »
Washed and waxed

Amazing pics as always.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4576 on: 15 May 2016, 18:25 »
Jackie and Booth, both looking fantastic and great pictures!

Gave mine a quick wash, dry and QD plus re-waxed the driver's door after it was machine polished on Friday.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #4577 on: 15 May 2016, 19:36 »

Cheers.  I use Mothers Mag and Aluminium polish on my tailpipes. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mothers-Mag-Aluminium-Polish-5oz/dp/B00068GEJM?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Cheers, that's some good advice,will give it a go next weekend , although not looking forward to all the stupid jokes from my neighbours that will come from cleaning my pipes.

I find the key is to keep on top of the soot and it comes off easily at every wash.  I always give the tailpipes a spray with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner whilst my snow foam is dwelling and then I use a big wheel woollie to loosen the carbon.  Then a quick buff up with the Mothers at the end.  If you are having trouble removing the soot, then use some very fine grade 0000 steel wool and some metal polish but only use it around the inner edges because it can scratch and dull the chrome.  But you can really work Mothers into the metal and with a bit of elbow grease it removes even baked on carbon.  I highly recommend it.  :smiley:
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4578 on: 18 May 2016, 16:11 »
I think I can just about type on this thread after being dazzled by some of those rather shiny detailed Golfs  :cool:
Excellent work people!

Today I did a bit of 'driver education' with my MK7.

5am.
Empty dual carriageway.
Traffic lights that kept changing (despite it being very early and there were absolutely no other cars on the road).
Very wet roads.
4WD.

Need I say more?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4579 on: 18 May 2016, 19:11 »
Got my quote from the bodyshop to fix the damage to my rear arch and polish alloy wheel. £402!!!  :sick: Looks like I won't be getting it fixed after all  :cry:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's