Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4560 on: 14 May 2016, 12:39 »
Thanks,a tiny bit of the paint is worn rather than scratched.I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of weeks but it's not really noticeable.
Train yourself not to go looking for it every time you approach the car and you'll be fine!!  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4561 on: 14 May 2016, 13:24 »
Agreed to trade it against a new Tiguan... :'( not even an r line, it's an SEL!! ::)

The Golf has basically been my wifes car and family ferry since an issue with my wifes car forced a sale and ever since we had an attemped theft of the R my wife has been a bit "twitchy" , her works car park is quite remote so would prefer something a little less flashy?? Lols..

So in an effort to keep her happy the GTI is going, got a decent deal so not all bad and i'm sure it'll be a lovely car, i've been looking at runarounds for me!? Mk2 GTI or mini coopers are looking ok?

Have you actually seen one in the flesh yet ??
I am starting to get a twitch over a R Line Tiguan with a few choice extras   ??? :o

I haven't, the first demos are supposed to be in dealerships this month so keep your eyes peeled, i would've loved an R-line tbh but it's not going to be my car for the most part.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4562 on: 14 May 2016, 13:40 »
@AndyG- looks all better.   Must get my bits and pieces sorted but life keeps getting in the way!

@Mr Ex - sorry to hear about your door ding.  I hate door dings more than anything even if they are small, because you know they are there. Mine is the first thing I notice every time I approach the car.

@Jimble - sad to hear your GTI is departing but sure the new Tiguan is a worthy replacement.

Anyway, car managed to get through Fri 13th unscathed so celebrated by giving the tyres a top up of air.  Yes, I know how to live.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 14 May 2016, 13:42 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #4563 on: 14 May 2016, 13:57 »
Thanks Rebecca,I was up early to go see the dent master,they really are like magicians.You must get yours sorted.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4564 on: 14 May 2016, 14:09 »
Thanks Rebecca,I was up early to go see the dent master,they really are like magicians.You must get yours sorted.

I know. I'm taking it to a couple bodyshops in my lunch hours next week for the door ding/chip and the wheel arch scuff to be assessed. But I also want to get the opinion of a PDR and smart repairer, see if they can sort it rather than full on bodyshop  job, but am struggling to find somewhere recommended.  The one I was going to go to (whose work I have seen on friends cars) is no longer taking on any more jobs atm???  There's the local chipsaway but I have little confidence in them.  I much prefer to go somewhere I know has good credentials.  In the past I've been lucky and not really needed the services of a PDR. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #4565 on: 14 May 2016, 14:25 »
I appreciate it may be the wrong part of Kent for you, but I can recommend Dent rewind near Tunbridge Wells, having successfully used them before (no affiliation).

http://www.dentrewind.com/page5.html

I have used a guy who is literally a magician, he is now almost exclusively trade these days, so Dent rewind are more accessible.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4566 on: 14 May 2016, 14:30 »
I appreciate it may be the wrong part of Kent for you, but I can recommend Dent rewind near Tunbridge Wells, having successfully used them before (no affiliation).

http://www.dentrewind.com/page5.html

I have used a guy who is literally a magician, he is now almost exclusively trade these days, so Dent rewind are more accessible.

Thanks for that info and link, really  appreciate your help.  :smiley:  TW is a bit of a pain to get to from Canterbury but good to know if I have to go a little further afield.

Dent Direct was where I was going to take it to be looked at but they are only doing trade work now.  Going to try East Kent Autimotive which is located next door to my goto bodyshop AB Crush Panelcraft, so I can drop in and see both at same time next week.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4567 on: 14 May 2016, 15:03 »
Agreed to trade it against a new Tiguan... :'( not even an r line, it's an SEL!! ::)

The Golf has basically been my wifes car and family ferry since an issue with my wifes car forced a sale and ever since we had an attemped theft of the R my wife has been a bit "twitchy" , her works car park is quite remote so would prefer something a little less flashy?? Lols..

So in an effort to keep her happy the GTI is going, got a decent deal so not all bad and i'm sure it'll be a lovely car, i've been looking at runarounds for me!? Mk2 GTI or mini coopers are looking ok?

Have you actually seen one in the flesh yet ??
I am starting to get a twitch over a R Line Tiguan with a few choice extras   ??? :o

I haven't, the first demos are supposed to be in dealerships this month so keep your eyes peeled, i would've loved an R-line tbh but it's not going to be my car for the most part.

Already got my salesman primed to give me a call when theirs arrive. They should be getting three cars. A SE, SE Nav which they are putting on the road and a R Line which will I assume be their showroom car.
Can't be long to wait now  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4568 on: 15 May 2016, 12:51 »
Finally swapped the tyres over on the wife's and took it for a workout, she could here me across the fields :)

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #4569 on: 15 May 2016, 15:11 »
B road hooning now the tyres have settled in