Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785082 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4540 on: 13 May 2016, 08:21 »
Oh sh!t, I forgot it was Fri 13th tomorrow.  Not normally superstitious but in the current climate???  I'm dreading the school run in the morning now.  :sad:

I wouldn't worry. These things come in threes. You'll had your quota.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #4541 on: 13 May 2016, 08:23 »
Can everyone stop posting damaged Mk7s in here please; I'm already bad enough when I park my car in public but this thread is making me even worse!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4542 on: 13 May 2016, 08:36 »
Oh, forgot to mention, I found a nice little ding in the drivers door today.
Interestingly that's the side that's normally parked with no vehicle next to it!  :rolleyes:
It's only small and could've been there a little while as it's generally dark when I use the car.
Grrrrrr

As Bec said, it's now the thread of doom.

Andy you just didn't want to feel left out  :laugh:  Hope you get it sorted soon.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4543 on: 13 May 2016, 08:53 »
Oh sh!t, I forgot it was Fri 13th tomorrow.  Not normally superstitious but in the current climate???  I'm dreading the school run in the morning now.  :sad:

Yes I've (hopefully) had my quota, so that's reassuring for me, but terrifying for the others who are on 1st or 2nd strike!  :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4544 on: 13 May 2016, 09:28 »
^^^ well I sure agree with that.

What happened with your REVO wheels wigit? I've not seen a shot of your car with them on, or did you decide against them in the end?

Given it is going later in the year I have not bought them, the Estate is staying stock with the exception of playtime when I will shove a set of sticky tyres on.

I have a set of DMAC tyres that are A rated in the wet track tyres which catch on the front due to the car being lowered and the brakes so fancy putting those on the wagon for a bit of sport

Cup 2s were dire in the wet on a rubbered track, I was nowhere in the wet, Eibach springs have just made it a better road car as I can now drive B roads where the car scores

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4545 on: 13 May 2016, 14:18 »

Yes I've (hopefully) had my quota, so that's reassuring for me, but terrifying for the others who are on 1st or 2nd strike!  :sad:

Mines well hidden in the garage and not coming out today.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4546 on: 13 May 2016, 15:14 »

Mines well hidden in the garage and not coming out today.

You are a very wise man.  Mine, on the other hand is parked as carefully as can be, but still in great danger, on the dreaded public road, whilst I pick my kid up from school!   :undecided:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4547 on: 13 May 2016, 16:54 »
Oh, forgot to mention, I found a nice little ding in the drivers door today.
Interestingly that's the side that's normally parked with no vehicle next to it!  :rolleyes:
It's only small and could've been there a little while as it's generally dark when I use the car.
Grrrrrr

As Bec said, it's now the thread of doom.

Andy you just didn't want to feel left out  :laugh:  Hope you get it sorted soon.

I feel much better now I'm part of the 'damaged goods' club!
I don't think I'll bother with the door dint as it's very small and doesn't really show on the white except from one or two angles. Mind you now I know it's there I keep looking at it.

So, today I've done nothing to my mk7. As stated earlier it's staying under cover until at least 00:01 on Saturday! Unless the garage roof falls in or I hit the shelving in the dark earlier when I parked it up at 4am or something... :roll eyes:

^^^ well I sure agree with that.

What happened with your REVO wheels wigit? I've not seen a shot of your car with them on, or did you decide against them in the end?

Given it is going later in the year I have not bought them, the Estate is staying stock with the exception of playtime when I will shove a set of sticky tyres on.

I have a set of DMAC tyres that are A rated in the wet track tyres which catch on the front due to the car being lowered and the brakes so fancy putting those on the wagon for a bit of sport

Cup 2s were dire in the wet on a rubbered track, I was nowhere in the wet, Eibach springs have just made it a better road car as I can now drive B roads where the car scores

The standard looking R estate should get a few looks of amusement when that turns up for track days!  :grin:
And it'll probably surprise a few people with its capabilities too.

Did you get any ribbing for turning up at a track day in a 4wd car and having a bit of a 'mare?
I can remember bumbling along in my mate's old Audi 80 Sport many years ago watching the Rallyes go flying past on the Start straight at Castle Combe then  passing them as they all span on that tight right turn at the end of the straight!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4548 on: 13 May 2016, 18:33 »
Sorry to hear of your latest ding Exonian. Would it be worth trying a smart repair?

Got the last bit sorted today on my wing repair, a small area that needed a machine polish they missed the first time. They sorted it while I waited (I was in the car at the time!). Had a good chat, they were all fans of the GTI!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4549 on: 13 May 2016, 19:00 »
Finally got round to ordering some Sparco wheel spacers as recommended by Exonian :wink:
Should be here early next week so that's something to look forward to :smiley:
Note to self....... 'stop spending money on your car!!'
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16