Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4460 on: 06 May 2016, 12:32 »
Got a little pressie through the post this morning from China:

Sorry about the image quality. Quick to fit if not a bit fiddly, may have broken one of the clips by forcing it on :whistle: but it's tight and going nowhere. Much smarter than the standard foot rest. I liked the box it arrived in as it was labelled "genuine parts"! My boot is starting to fill with redundant parts....
Looks good :smiley: how much with shipping?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4461 on: 06 May 2016, 12:49 »
£29 and 2 weeks to deliver. Refitting my rear numberplate now as the garage fitted it wonky.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4462 on: 06 May 2016, 13:04 »
Watts, looks very smart, especially with the mats.  :cool:  So munch better and more oem looking than the standard plastic offering.

Anyone ordering and fitting one of these - some fitting guidance here.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276795.0

Will help you avoid breaking a clip.  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4463 on: 06 May 2016, 13:10 »
Watts, looks very smart, especially with the mats.  :cool:  So munch better and more oem looking than the standard plastic offering.

I read your excellent guide but I'm an impatient idiot. Still, just about got away with it!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4464 on: 06 May 2016, 14:39 »

I read your excellent guide but I'm an impatient idiot. Still, just about got away with it!

:grin:  It's in, it's not going anywhere.  :smiley:

Not only do they look miles better, they are so much more comfortable underfoot than the horrible plastic one.  Small but worthwhile mod.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4465 on: 06 May 2016, 14:40 »
So, today have fitted my new footrest, refitted my wonky numberplate, dusted and vacuumed the interior and washed my wheels. Was going to wash the rest of the car but discovered a critique of my Wo-Wo cloths that were outside awaiting use:

The dirty feathered feckers. They are depositing heaps of the stuff everywhere at the moment, usually on my car but now this! Is nothing sacred? :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4466 on: 06 May 2016, 15:43 »
So, today have fitted my new footrest, refitted my wonky numberplate, dusted and vacuumed the interior and washed my wheels. Was going to wash the rest of the car but discovered a critique of my Wo-Wo cloths that were outside awaiting use:

The dirty feathered feckers. They are depositing heaps of the stuff everywhere at the moment, usually on my car but now this! Is nothing sacred? :rolleyes:

Little sh!ts, literally!  :grin: 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4467 on: 06 May 2016, 15:47 »
Looks like aliexpress has had a run on this dead pedal and I'm not suprised with the price being half that of my the Osir one and these look much better still waiting for mine to arrive along with the door cill protectors lol  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4468 on: 06 May 2016, 16:00 »
Been a busy day today, now rounded off by kerbing my front n/s alloy :angry: Not too bad though and thankfully the same one a scuffed a few weeks ago. Will have to think about a repair soon (once I've paid for the front wing respray :rolleyes:).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4469 on: 06 May 2016, 16:14 »
Been a busy day today, now rounded off by kerbing my front n/s alloy :angry: Not too bad though and thankfully the same one a scuffed a few weeks ago. Will have to think about a repair soon (once I've paid for the front wing respray :rolleyes:).

Gutted for ya nowt worse than scuffing but twice I'd be pulling my hair out.
I did the same in the wife's Scirocco  bout a month from new ad it repaired it's held its own managed to source a brand new vw wheel n tyre never been fitted off gumtree fo £180 dealers wanted £500 just for the rim  :angry: so the roc got 1 new wheel four brand new conti sport 5's for £480  :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆