Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4450 on: 05 May 2016, 12:23 »
Any one used ST brand wheel spacers on here?
Wasn't sure where to ask so thought I'd try here :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4451 on: 05 May 2016, 13:24 »
Thanks Sootchucker.

Yes, it does look like damage inflicted by a bag.  It's exactly at that height, and I see how some people chuck their bags over their shoulders whilst between the 2 cars.

Well I have taken the matter up with work today and they will be sending an email out to all staff to draw attention to the car parking matter.  I can put in a request to have the CCTV looked at but have been warned that it doesn’t capture all the car park, and some areas are quite obscured, and at this time of year the dividing hedges between rows in leaf further obscure some areas!!!  We’ll see. Yesterday was a pita but but can be polished out at no cost. I'm more bothered about the damage last week where someone scraped the bumper, not sure all of that will polish out.

Anyway today the car park was quite empty when I arrived and so I've parked in a different row and managed to bag an end spot, without a tree and without going over the white line which may result in me getting a PCN, I managed to perch it right on the line, leaving as much space on the other side as possible.   Didn't want to go any further into the concrete bit to the left as that's where people walk with their handbags/laptop bags banging about, brushing up against the car.  Could still be a bit close for comfort on the right depending on how others in the row park and also on the left depending on how careless the passing pedestrians are!

Like the parking pics 👌👍👍👍that's exactly how I park in any bays if available of course especially when at Meadowhall lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4452 on: 05 May 2016, 13:59 »
I also find drivers are more aware than passengers so it will depend how the car beside you drives or reverses in.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4453 on: 05 May 2016, 14:59 »
I also find drivers are more aware than passengers so it will depend how the car beside you drives or reverses in.

Very true.  I was going to say, let's hope he/she reverses in but I've been lucky today as the car park is half empty as many colleagues are on election/polling station duties for the Police Commissioner elections, so a rare day when not many in.  Tomorrow and next week will be back to the usual parking space scrum.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4454 on: 05 May 2016, 15:10 »
What about going in slightly earlier is that an option?
I've found myself going in 20 minutes earlier, mostly to beat the traffic but it also gives me more spaces to choose from.
The problem is when I start in the afternoon and all the sensible spaces are taken up.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4455 on: 05 May 2016, 15:39 »
What about going in slightly earlier is that an option?
I've found myself going in 20 minutes earlier, mostly to beat the traffic but it also gives me more spaces to choose from.
The problem is when I start in the afternoon and all the sensible spaces are taken up.

Nah, can't be done, I have the school run every morning so don't get in till 9-15am.  Plus I often have to go out on site so rarely in the same parking space for the day.  Site visits can be at all times so have to take whatever space is available on my return.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4456 on: 05 May 2016, 15:51 »
I've washed and cleaned the old girl today; inside and out, I also dressed the tyres - noticed a lot of tar has been collected on the lower half over the last 12 months, a hazard with a white car, so I'm planning a good decontamination some time soon.

I've had the sunroof open a lot for the last week enjoying this lovely weather and the seats were looking dusty - also cleaned, polished and waxed the old girls tips, they were looking neglected, they also were covered with tar!

« Last Edit: 05 May 2016, 17:02 by Eccie »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4457 on: 05 May 2016, 23:12 »
I've washed and cleaned the old girl today; inside and out, I also dressed the tyres - noticed a lot of tar has been collected on the lower half over the last 12 months, a hazard with a white car, so I'm planning a good decontamination some time soon.

I've had the sunroof open a lot for the last week enjoying this lovely weather and the seats were looking dusty - also cleaned, polished and waxed the old girls tips, they were looking neglected, they also were covered with tar!

Can't beat a set of shiny pipes.  They've come up brilliantly.  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4458 on: 06 May 2016, 12:13 »
Got a little pressie through the post this morning from China:

Sorry about the image quality. Quick to fit if not a bit fiddly, may have broken one of the clips by forcing it on :whistle: but it's tight and going nowhere. Much smarter than the standard foot rest. I liked the box it arrived in as it was labelled "genuine parts"! My boot is starting to fill with redundant parts....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline chrismc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4459 on: 06 May 2016, 12:20 »
That looks lovely!

Off to order one now for the GTD👍🏻