Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4430 on: 04 May 2016, 17:07 »
Oh FFS Ms B, that's getting ridiculous.
Is it a firing squad offence to park over 2 spaces in that car park. Put a sign up in your window apologising for your sins of "arrogance" and state the reasons why.
I'm forever being told off at work for parking in spaces reserved for other (larger) vehicles but they're away from the main parking morons so therefore they'll just have to put up with it. I do get looks of "who gives you the right to park there office tea boy?" but I don't care. My "arrogance" stems from other people's carelessness and the resulting emptying of MY wallet. I've not yet been brazen enough to park over two bays yet though!!!

Well, without wishing to reignite the whole parking over 2 bays argument...  :wink:  No it's not a possibility to do that. 

Firstly, the car park is up to capacity due to renting out office space and car parking spaces to go with it, which is the problem in the first place. As I think I said in an earlier post - for years I have parked right at the top of the car park (which is up a hill) where very few can be bothered to walk and out of harm's way.  I and the handful of others (mainly other hot hatches) that did park there had a kind of unspoken pact of leaving a clear space between cars, and for years this has been fine, but there have been recent changes in our organisation, a significant reduction in staff (no less cars though!) and the spare office space in our building is now being rented out to external organisations and these new people have been allocated dedicated ‘named’ sections of the car park which of course happens to be the ‘safe’ top rows where I used to park.  So the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces further down the car park (lots of trees too) and result is this type of damage is becoming more frequent.  There are still more new tenants to come so car park situation is set to get worse still!

Secondly, as my employer is the local authority, which also is responsible for Parking Enforcement (and our staff car park is monitored and enforced by them), no way could I straddle 2 spaces. Aside from the fact there aren't any free spaces to allow that, I'd be hauled over the coals and disciplined, as well as being issued PCN left right and centre.

Maybe I need a new job! 

« Last Edit: 04 May 2016, 17:10 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4431 on: 04 May 2016, 17:12 »

Bloody hell this is getting beyond a joke! So sorry becca. At least it will polish out.

Discovered a small crease in my rear arch to go with the other damage. Bodyshop it is then 😢

It will polish out thankfully.

Really sorry to hear that you've found a crease now too.  Hope it get's sorted ok.

Not a great time for us mk7 owners atm.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4432 on: 04 May 2016, 17:13 »
I feel your pain not with my current gti but a previous car i use to do a lot of car shows n my panther black shone like chrome in some lights and pictures n i had that keyed at a cpl of events no doubt some jeleous arse.
Glad ur able to buff the marks out tho  :embarrassed: :smiley:

Thanks, yeah hopefully they should buff out ok. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4433 on: 04 May 2016, 17:15 »
I feel your pain Bec. That's really bad. It just looks like carelessness on someone's part. Hopefully that's your bad run over.
It's no excuse but I think the Mk7 paint is really poor compared to the Mk6.

I don't think it's malicious - just carelessness as you say Stevie.  The damage is on the passenger side, and looks to me like someone’s got out of their driver’s side and scraped up against mine with a handbag/laptop bag/buckle or something – it’s a the right height for that, and it wouldn’t surprise me seeing how some of my colleagues fling their bags around as they exit their cars - we all have laptops and laptop rucksacks and I often see people get out of their cars and haul the rucksacks up onto their backs whilst still standing between two cars.  I can almost visualise it happening.

The paint does seem pretty sort compared to the mk6.

Yep that's my 3 over now.  I hope! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4434 on: 04 May 2016, 17:17 »
This is becoming ridiculous Rebecca :sad:
Please rethink my Up! idea, this is depressing everyone who appreciates the time and effort you put into your lovely car

I like the UP! idea too.
In fact if everyone drove them there would suddenly be room to actually open your doors in parking bays!

I know it's a sensible suggestion but just can't do it.  I have only one car and I'll be damned if I can't drive what I want because of others idiocy.  Just have to get it sorted and move on.  :smiley:

Sorry for all the whingeing but just very frustrating time.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4435 on: 04 May 2016, 17:48 »
You're not whinging Ms B, merely venting frustrations to a sympathetic audience who share your pain.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4436 on: 04 May 2016, 17:55 »
Is it a firing squad offence to park over 2 spaces in that car park. Put a sign up in your window apologising for your sins of "arrogance" and state the reasons why.
I'm forever being told off at work for parking in spaces reserved for other (larger) vehicles but they're away from the main parking morons so therefore they'll just have to put up with it. I do get looks of "who gives you the right to park there office tea boy?" but I don't care. My "arrogance" stems from other people's carelessness and the resulting emptying of MY wallet. I've not yet been brazen enough to park over two bays yet though!!!

Well, without wishing to reignite the whole parking over 2 bays argument...  :wink:  No it's not a possibility to do that. 

Firstly, the car park is up to capacity due to renting out office space and car parking spaces to go with it, which is the problem in the first place. As I think I said in an earlier post - for years I have parked right at the top of the car park (which is up a hill) where very few can be bothered to walk and out of harm's way.  I and the handful of others (mainly other hot hatches) that did park there had a kind of unspoken pact of leaving a clear space between cars, and for years this has been fine, but there have been recent changes in our organisation, a significant reduction in staff (no less cars though!) and the spare office space in our building is now being rented out to external organisations and these new people have been allocated dedicated ‘named’ sections of the car park which of course happens to be the ‘safe’ top rows where I used to park.  So the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces further down the car park (lots of trees too) and result is this type of damage is becoming more frequent.  There are still more new tenants to come so car park situation is set to get worse still!

Secondly, as my employer is the local authority, which also is responsible for Parking Enforcement (and our staff car park is monitored and enforced by them), no way could I straddle 2 spaces. Aside from the fact there aren't any free spaces to allow that, I'd be hauled over the coals and disciplined, as well as being issued PCN left right and centre.

Maybe I need a new job!

Booth11
                         Professional detailer
                           Established 2016

Oh yes, this has to happen :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4437 on: 04 May 2016, 18:33 »
You're not whinging Ms B, merely venting frustrations to a sympathetic audience who share your pain.

Precisely. Vent away.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4438 on: 04 May 2016, 19:16 »

Maybe I need a new job!

Booth11
                         Professional detailer
                           Established 2016

Oh yes, this has to happen :laugh:

First thing I thought of when she said maybe she needs a new job. She would get my business a couple of times a year. Coincide with my trips overseas, just leave a day or so earlier.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4439 on: 04 May 2016, 19:30 »
FFS Rebecca that's so frustrating!

The paint is so soft though, it really doesn't take much to mark it at all and obviously it's especially noticeable on the darker colours. Sometimes I miss the relatively hassle free white.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.