Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4420 on: 02 May 2016, 21:09 »
Iv ripped my hands gettin in between the spokes on the disc back plates  to clean the wheel inner.... ouch

A wheel mitt is the way forward, keeps my hands scrape free. Your car looks great too!

Wheel "woolies" are pretty good too but I've found after only 6 months or so that mine has gone very shabby. What I often do is use an older mitt that's getting a bit too wrecked to use on the paintwork. Helps save the knuckles.

What have you been doing with your wheel woollies Joe?   Mine are 3 years old and still going strong.  They get a shampoo and thorough rinse after use, then squeezed out and left to dry.  The big one has a loose strand of fibre but that's been like that for 2 years and still hasn't fallen out.   :laugh:

:laugh:
I've really only used the larger one. I didn't find the small ones very useful... I suppose the Pretoria wheels have larger gaps than a lot of other wheels so the large woolie works well.
I just rinse it out after use and let it "air dry" but it's still gone very worn and tired looking and some of the "wool" has come loose or fallen off altogether. Tbh, with the prets at least, it's as easy if not easier to just use a mitt.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4421 on: 04 May 2016, 13:57 »
Unfortunately yet another 'what someone did to my mk7 today' post.

Here's the 3rd one. :sad:

Today's damage, courtesy of yet another careless f***er in the works car park.

There's also a big scuff below on the door but won't show up in the pic. It should all polish out, but I am so fed up with this.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4422 on: 04 May 2016, 14:09 »
Sorry to hear about that, not surprised you are getting fed up. Not sure if there is much you can do though, do you have a trustworthy colleague who you could agree to always park next to? Or block in so you know no-one can park next to you?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4423 on: 04 May 2016, 14:42 »
Oh FFS Ms B, that's getting ridiculous.
Is it a firing squad offence to park over 2 spaces in that car park. Put a sign up in your window apologising for your sins of "arrogance" and state the reasons why.
I'm forever being told off at work for parking in spaces reserved for other (larger) vehicles but they're away from the main parking morons so therefore they'll just have to put up with it. I do get looks of "who gives you the right to park there office tea boy?" but I don't care. My "arrogance" stems from other people's carelessness and the resulting emptying of MY wallet. I've not yet been brazen enough to park over two bays yet though!!!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4424 on: 04 May 2016, 14:52 »
Unfortunately yet another 'what someone did to my mk7 today' post.

Here's the 3rd one. :sad:

Today's damage, courtesy of yet another careless f***er in the works car park.

There's also a big scuff below on the door but won't show up in the pic. It should all polish out, but I am so fed up with this.

Bloody hell this is getting beyond a joke! So sorry becca. At least it will polish out.

Discovered a small crease in my rear arch to go with the other damage. Bodyshop it is then 😢
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4425 on: 04 May 2016, 15:02 »
I feel your pain not with my current gti but a previous car i use to do a lot of car shows n my panther black shone like chrome in some lights and pictures n i had that keyed at a cpl of events no doubt some jeleous arse.
Glad ur able to buff the marks out tho  :embarrassed: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 04 May 2016, 15:06 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4426 on: 04 May 2016, 15:02 »
I feel your pain Bec. That's really bad. It just looks like carelessness on someone's part. Hopefully that's your bad run over.
It's no excuse but I think the Mk7 paint is really poor compared to the Mk6.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4427 on: 04 May 2016, 16:17 »
This is becoming ridiculous Rebecca :sad:
Please rethink my Up! idea, this is depressing everyone who appreciates the time and effort you put into your lovely car
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4428 on: 04 May 2016, 16:32 »
This is becoming ridiculous Rebecca :sad:
Please rethink my Up! idea, this is depressing everyone who appreciates the time and effort you put into your lovely car
I like the UP! idea too.
In fact if everyone drove them there would suddenly be room to actually open your doors in parking bays!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4429 on: 04 May 2016, 16:57 »
Sorry to hear about that, not surprised you are getting fed up. Not sure if there is much you can do though, do you have a trustworthy colleague who you could agree to always park next to? Or block in so you know no-one can park next to you?

Thanks - sadly no. Can't always park next to the same person. Where I work many people (including myself) are out and about on site during the day and you have to take whatever space there is on your return. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11