Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785016 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4400 on: 02 May 2016, 12:32 »
Correct I won't be apologising as I've got nothing to apologise for. At no point did I say I parked in 2 bays in a busy car park so I would suggest some actually read posts carefully before abusing and ridiculing others.

Great advice, maybe you should try taking some of it yourself though before dishing it out to others? Just a suggestion.

At no point did I "attack the poster" here which is something I've come to expect from you. Fortunately for you, your vitriolic post got deleted before most people got a chance to read it. On most other forums I frequent you'd have got the ban hammer.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4401 on: 02 May 2016, 13:34 »
Id like you to explain what you mean by 'you've come to expect it from me'? If i were you I'd be asking Jimble to repost what i so as it was far from vitriolic. Have you come over from the R forum by chance? ?
My very first post on this matter simply said i park in 2 bays to which you and two others thought it acceptable to take the hump with. You need to get out a bit more instead of being the internet parking police. Life's too short to worry about someone parking a car of which very recently I'm only too aware.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4402 on: 02 May 2016, 13:52 »
Maybe this thread should be retitled 'Where did I park my MK 7 today' as it appears to be turning into that.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4403 on: 02 May 2016, 13:53 »
Id like you to explain what you mean by 'you've come to expect it from me'? If i were you I'd be asking Jimble to repost what i so as it was far from vitriolic. Have you come over from the R forum by chance? ?
My very first post on this matter simply said i park in 2 bays to which you and two others thought it acceptable to take the hump with. You need to get out a bit more instead of being the internet parking police. Life's too short to worry about someone parking a car of which very recently I'm only too aware.

The R forum? I've been a member on here for I dunno how long - 9 years or thereabouts? I never get involved in nonsense like this, I'm a very easy going chap (honestly) but when someone attacks me and others like you did yesterday and thinks thats "OK", well, sorry, I just had to take issue with it. It didn't occur to me to ask Jimble to repost it. What's the point of that? He deleted it for a reason, maybe you should ask him why he thought it should be deleted?!

And yes, you do have form, whether thats news to you or not. It's probably a bit sad (and I'm sure that you'll readily agree) that I even remember stuff like this but off the top of my head I can recall you getting your knickers in a big twist in one of the many GTI v GTD threads... basically anytime someone disagrees with your view of the world. Usually your "throwing the rattle out of the pram" posts are somewhat entertaining and I get a good chuckle out of them, so keep it up, but maybe less of the personal attacks.

Finally, you carry on and park however you see fit. Fortunately it's unlikely we'll ever cross paths.

Anyway, that's my final word on this subject as we're obviously derailing this thread and boring everyone else to tears with this tit for tat carry on.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2016, 13:57 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4404 on: 02 May 2016, 16:58 »
Well after a 270 mile round trip I must say the car performs effortlessly well chuffed with the Gti choice pleasure to drive comfy well equipped and no aches and pains the ACC is great too iv had cruise control before and got it on my truck but the adaptive cc is way better lol.
Anyways just a couple of pics after a good wash n dry lol... :whistle:

« Last Edit: 02 May 2016, 17:08 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4405 on: 02 May 2016, 17:02 »
Well after a 270 mile round trip I must say the car performs effortlessly well chuffed with the Gti choice pleasure to drive comfy well equipped and no aches and pains the ACC is great too iv had cruise control before and got it on my truck but the adaptive cc is way better lol.

[img=http://s32.postimg.org/z08ee5s0h/2016_05_02_16_30_04.jpg]

[img=http://s32.postimg.org/jalv8o841/2016_05_02_16_30_04.jpg]

[img=http://s32.postimg.org/x97wwgett/2016_05_02_16_32_08.jpg]

Looks awesome dude - getting me excited for mine. Sort of wish I had gone for the 19" wheels now though :grin:!
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4406 on: 02 May 2016, 17:10 »

Looks awesome dude - getting me excited for mine. Sort of wish I had gone for the 19" wheels now though  :grin:!
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4407 on: 02 May 2016, 17:11 »
Car looks lovely gtiaps.  :cool:

Anyway, staying back on topic....

Following yesterday's interior clean, today I (just about) managed to dodge the drizzle and clean the exterior.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=277768.msg2539239#msg2539239
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4408 on: 02 May 2016, 17:16 »
Car looks lovely gtiaps.  :cool:

Anyway, staying back on topic....

Following yesterday's interior clean, today I (just about) managed to dodge the drizzle and clean the exterior.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=277768.msg2539239#msg2539239

Nothing beats Black when it's clean! :cool:
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4409 on: 02 May 2016, 17:17 »

The R forum? I've been a member on here for I dunno how long - 9 years or thereabouts? I never get involved in nonsense like this, I'm a very easy going chap (honestly) but when someone attacks me and others like you did yesterday and thinks thats "OK", well, sorry, I just had to take issue with it. It didn't occur to me to ask Jimble to repost it. What's the point of that? He deleted it for a reason, maybe you should ask him why he thought it should be deleted?!

And yes, you do have form, whether thats news to you or not. It's probably a bit sad (and I'm sure that you'll readily agree) that I even remember stuff like this but off the top of my head I can recall you getting your knickers in a big twist in one of the many GTI v GTD threads... basically anytime someone disagrees with your view of the world. Usually your "throwing the rattle out of the pram" posts are somewhat entertaining and I get a good chuckle out of them, so keep it up, but maybe less of the personal attacks.

Finally, you carry on and park however you see fit. Fortunately it's unlikely we'll ever cross paths.

Anyway, that's my final word on this subject as we're obviously derailing this thread and boring everyone else to tears with this tit for tat carry on.
So basically what you've done here and thrown everything out too! Just because I don't always park in a bay which you disagree with you've thrown the strop. If you can't have a discussion then don't post on a public forum. I've got no personal issues with anyone on here least of all another mk7 golf owner.

As I've said Joegti life's too short to worry about what someone else is doing our not doing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.