Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4370 on: 01 May 2016, 11:51 »
You're asking for trouble doing that. Sooner or later you'll get some Social Justice Warrior who'll take grave exception to it and take matters into his own hands. Personally I also think it stinks of arrogance too.

Agree Joe. Parking in 2 spaces can also increase the risk of picking up door damage. On more than one occasion I've seen cars trying to squeeze into the 'half' spaces left either side by those parking in the middle of 2 spaces, or shopping trolleys left 'abandoned' in the half spaces in supermarket car parks, just waiting to roll or be nudged into the neighbouring car.

I just seek out a space that I'd consider reasonably safe and/or avoid certain carparks altogether.

I do this too, or if a supermarket, pick a time when it's quiet (off-peak, late night shopping)
« Last Edit: 01 May 2016, 11:55 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4371 on: 01 May 2016, 13:48 »
Tongue in cheek or otherwise but harsh words on a thread where on one hand people are marvelling at other people's carelessness with their property and having to fix expensive damage themselves and yet it's deemed a crime to park over two spaces when a car park isn't completely full?
Sorry but I'm not the sort of person that can afford to shell out several hundred pounds every time someone careless  decides they have no respect for my property (that I've worked VERY hard for over the years being someone who can't afford to look at leases of nearly a grand a month on just a mode of transport to rent like some of these ridiculously oversized lifestyle vehicles), so very much admire people who can put up with the moronic stares from people when they choose to take up two spaces considering modern cars are too wide for modern parking bays.
I however am not thick skinned enough to put up with it and therefore run an old wreck for 99% of my city driving if there's any danger of needing to park somewhere public as I can neither afford the time or money to keep getting my car fixed - prevention is better than cure.

I just watched open mouthed earlier in my tucked away space at the end of an empty row as a fat arse T5 owner parked nose in between two cars when he could have just pulled forward a few feet into the row directly behind where he left his truck as it was completely empty. People really are f**king stupid and lazy these days.
He then proceeded to have to slide out of his seat as his massive door would hardly open. One van length further and he'd have had fifty feet either side of him to open his bloody door!!! Jeez.
I didn't have any sympathy with the guy he was parked next to either as I watched his horrid little kid get out and start climbing on the wing trying to get on the bonnet while he just ignored it. Birds of a feather and all that.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #4372 on: 01 May 2016, 17:04 »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4373 on: 01 May 2016, 17:10 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4374 on: 01 May 2016, 17:10 »
Removed some posts due to foul play, keep it friendly people.  :kiss:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4375 on: 01 May 2016, 17:17 »

If only you could teach people how to park life would be a lot rosier.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4376 on: 01 May 2016, 17:41 »

This forum badly needs a "Thanks" feature  :wink:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4377 on: 01 May 2016, 20:43 »

No problem parking here it's the other selfish people who leave dings and dents that's the problem. It's not arrogance either it's trying to protect something from malicious damage. If someone parking in 2 bays at the furthest spaces away possible in a supermarket bothers you then that's an issue for you.
Three people have commented in this thread that theyve suffered malicious damage from inconsiderate people and you seem to think that it's all a big joke!
« Last Edit: 01 May 2016, 20:49 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4378 on: 01 May 2016, 20:57 »
There's little point in arguing with someone on the Internet and I'll keep calm here as these posts will get deleted again anyway.

You completely mis-interpreted the comments of "the 3 people", one of whom was me. I've also been the victim of carpark damage. It's very very annoying. I think if you look at my post history I've been very sympathetic to anyone who's suffered damage to their car. I would not go as far as describing it as malicious. That would imply someone intended to damage the car and I don't believe that's usually the case. Inconsiderate and careless yes, malicious no. IMO.

Your bile and abusive language towards a few of us on here just because we called you out on rather arrogant behaviour and we don't align with your way of thinking was totally out of order. But I expect we'll be some time waiting for an apology. I won't lose much sleep over it though.  :cool:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4379 on: 01 May 2016, 21:30 »
People really are f**king stupid and lazy these days.

My sentiments exactly Mr Ex. And a total lack of respect for other people's property.  Even if I park next to a old banger that's scratched to pieces, I would still take care not to fling my door open onto it. 

I watched his horrid little kid get out and start climbing on the wing trying to get on the bonnet while he just ignored it. Birds of a feather and all that.

Kids are no excuse for such behaviour.  I'm sure you'll agree, that if you teach your kids to properly respect others and their property then they generally will.  My 9 year old daughter always checks before she opens her door and if she's not sure, then I will assist her.  Admittedly it's predominately borne out of protecting my own doors in the first instance but I still wouldn't dream of wantonly or carelessly damaging someone else's and expect my child to adopt the same attitude.

Every morning on the school run I see the cars of parents trying to park as close to the school as possible (because they are too lazy to walk very far).  Often they are parked straddling the pavement, especially the 4x4s, where the drivers think it's ok to just park half on and half off the road, many are so poor at judging the width of their own vehicle that they don't even realise they've come up onto the pavement.  I then watch the school kids scrape their school bags along the sides of said cars!  Can't say I have much sympathy.

As the pedestrians aren't much better. The 'walking bus' kids are the worst. They just bash into every car along their route!  I park a good walk away so the car is not on the kids walking route and both me and my daughter enjoy a nice brisk wake up walk the rest of the way, and time for a little chat on the way. 
« Last Edit: 01 May 2016, 21:39 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11