Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4350 on: 30 April 2016, 11:50 »
What is wrong with people? How can you damage someone else's property and then not own up to it? I have a pact with a few like minded people at work, and we park together. Sounds sad but at least we take are when parking/opening doors.

Totally agree, whether it's a car park or a dealer.

I have a similar pact with the others that park in the same row in works car park (mainly other hothatches) and for years the status quo has been maintained.  But there have been recent changes with office space in our building now being rented out to external organisations and they are being given dedicated sections of the car park so the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces and result is my usual parking row has more cars in it with this consequence.  :sad:
I think a second hand Up for work duties is the way forward Rebecca.
The stress the damage to your beautiful R is causing me and other forum members surely warrants the extra outlay to yourself😀
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4351 on: 30 April 2016, 12:02 »
Cheers p3asa, they did a great job as they have been doing on various cars I've owned for 20+ years. Luckily I also have a tyre place that I can trust, they once damaged an alloy of mine and pointed it out to me. Shame you can't trust your dealers, I think these days they have such a high turnover of customers and staff that no one cares. Hope you get that sorted, is it easily replaceable? If not, perhaps it can be repaired?

But there have been recent changes with office space in our building now being rented out to external organisations and they are being given dedicated sections of the car park so the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces and result is my usual parking row has more cars in it with this consequence.  :sad:

That's pretty much what has happened in our office car park. When we first moved in we all had our own dedicated space. Now they just keep cramming in more people so we have to hot desk and 'hot park' - it's fine on an early shift or nights but arriving after 10 gets tricky with people parking all over the place blocking exits and double parking in some pretty outrageous ways. I work next to Heathrow airport with no street parking and short term parking is expensive. Now they are talking about squeezing more people in! Getting in by public transport is possible but a pain, I only live 5 miles away but it takes 2 buses and up to 1.5 hours!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4352 on: 30 April 2016, 13:26 »
What is wrong with people? How can you damage someone else's property and then not own up to it? I have a pact with a few like minded people at work, and we park together. Sounds sad but at least we take are when parking/opening doors.

Totally agree, whether it's a car park or a dealer.

I have a similar pact with the others that park in the same row in works car park (mainly other hothatches) and for years the status quo has been maintained.  But there have been recent changes with office space in our building now being rented out to external organisations and they are being given dedicated sections of the car park so the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces and result is my usual parking row has more cars in it with this consequence.  :sad:
I think a second hand Up for work duties is the way forward Rebecca.
The stress the damage to your beautiful R is causing me and other forum members surely warrants the extra outlay to yourself😀

Yes I'll get a up! so you can have a stress free life kalimon. :tongue:  Reason I grumble on here about my damaged car is to preserve my relationship with HWMBO.  There's a nanosecond of sympathy then I get the 'get over it, it's a car' look.  :grin:  Whereas you lot understand the pain and anguish, lol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4353 on: 30 April 2016, 13:39 »
Cheers p3asa, they did a great job as they have been doing on various cars I've owned for 20+ years. Luckily I also have a tyre place that I can trust, they once damaged an alloy of mine and pointed it out to me. Shame you can't trust your dealers, I think these days they have such a high turnover of customers and staff that no one cares. Hope you get that sorted, is it easily replaceable? If not, perhaps it can be repaired?

But there have been recent changes with office space in our building now being rented out to external organisations and they are being given dedicated sections of the car park so the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces and result is my usual parking row has more cars in it with this consequence.  :sad:

That's pretty much what has happened in our office car park. When we first moved in we all had our own dedicated space. Now they just keep cramming in more people so we have to hot desk and 'hot park' - it's fine on an early shift or nights but arriving after 10 gets tricky with people parking all over the place blocking exits and double parking in some pretty outrageous ways. I work next to Heathrow airport with no street parking and short term parking is expensive. Now they are talking about squeezing more people in! Getting in by public transport is possible but a pain, I only live 5 miles away but it takes 2 buses and up to 1.5 hours!

I sympathise hugely. We have been further squished up in our office (all now shunted to the upper floor) and more new tenants coming soon!  So car park situation is set to get worse still!  At least I still have my own desk (for now).

Public transport is a non-starter for me too, and again sympathise with your plight - 1.5 hrs to go 5 miles!  I have to do the school run every morning (4 miles away) and the nearest place to pick up the school bus is half way to the school. So I'd have to drive 2 miles to put daughter on a bus.  Then I'd have to drive home and get the bus into town and then get another bus from town to get to work or walk the rest of the way.  It would add about 2 hours onto my morning! In any case my job is dependant on me having a car for business, I could use one of the work electric 'pool' cars but...... no thanks!

« Last Edit: 30 April 2016, 13:41 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4354 on: 30 April 2016, 14:02 »
So someone went in to my car whilst it was in a service station carpark. Obviously fled the scene. Two scratches and chunk of paint out of alloy, scuff round whole rear arch, scuff and scratch to quarter panel.

2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4355 on: 30 April 2016, 14:36 »
That looks bad Snooze, wheel and two panels. Any of it likely to polish out? People are so careless. What a shame, you must be gutted. Don't delay, get it sorted asap, definitely feels better knowing it's getting sorted.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4356 on: 30 April 2016, 14:37 »
So someone went in to my car whilst it was in a service station carpark. Obviously fled the scene. Two scratches and chunk of paint out of alloy, scuff round whole rear arch, scuff and scratch to quarter panel.

B@stards. :angry: That's terrible Snooze, scratches on face of the alloys might DA polish out but chips on black bits and wing look like they'll need paint - smart repair?    Little comfort but at least no dents.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4357 on: 30 April 2016, 14:48 »

I sympathise hugely. We have been further squished up in our office (all now shunted to the upper floor) and more new tenants coming soon!  So car park situation is set to get worse still!  At least I still have my own desk (for now).

Public transport is a non-starter for me too, and again sympathise with your plight - 1.5 hrs to go 5 miles!  I have to do the school run every morning (4 miles away) and the nearest place to pick up the school bus is half way to the school. So I'd have to drive 2 miles to put daughter on a bus.  Then I'd have to drive home and get the bus into town and then get another bus from town to get to work or walk the rest of the way.  It would add about 2 hours onto my morning! In any case my job is dependant on me having a car for business, I could use one of the work electric 'pool' cars but...... no thanks!
You know that Up! is happening very soon :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4358 on: 30 April 2016, 15:45 »
You know that Up! is happening very soon :laugh:

Never.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4359 on: 30 April 2016, 16:04 »
Just briefly back to the car park thing... you could always do what the person with the nice white cayman does who works nightshift at our place does and just park in the middle of 2 spaces! :laugh: I often see it when I'm coming out of work at 10pm when doing a backshift. On one hand I think it's a bit selfish, but on the other hand am tempted to do the same now I've got a decent car! :wink:

On a serious note, sorry to hear of everyone's recent pain of scratches and dings. Hope all gets sorted and looks as good as the repair on Watt's GTI :smiley:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000