Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785008 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4340 on: 29 April 2016, 12:32 »
Well done looks spot on under that light glad ur happy with it nowt more upsetting than a car that's marked...
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4341 on: 29 April 2016, 16:41 »
This year does not seem lucky for cars. My brother, dad and I have all had car parking dents to ours doors. I was already thinking is this a good year to swap my car, but seeing your pride and joy not having any luck makes me think. Must be gutting Rebecca to have 2 in a short space of time on a car that is looked after so well.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry to see this Rebecca! Got my fingers crossed for you that it'll polish out fine!

Thanks guys.  It's just another one of those things!  Unfortunately you can't take all the careless idiots out of the world! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4342 on: 29 April 2016, 16:46 »
Well I've got mine back from the garage this morning, an excellent job. I probably won't look to try and find differences under various light sources as I can't do much about it now!

Before:

And after:

Booth, I felt a bit awkward posting this after your recent bad luck but hopefully this will help spur you on to get your repairs done? It was expensive and I wish I'd gone to work by bus that day but bar paying off my flexible friend, all sorted.

Really pleased you've got your sorted Watts - looks spot on. :smiley: No need to feel awkward about posting your good news.   

I will get mine sorted in next few weeks (got a few other more pressing priorities on the go atm) but I will now wait till I've seen what I can polish out on the bumper before getting my bodyshop and smart repair quotes for the ding, in case the rear bumper needs some pro work too so it can all be factored in at the same time. It'll all be sorted but as with you, the plastic will take a bit of a hammering!   

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4343 on: 29 April 2016, 18:18 »
Another, what someone else has done to my car.  :cry:

Chipped and dented before and now scratched and scraped.

Found this on my rear offside bumper this evening.  Almost certain this has happened in the works car park today - looks like some t**t has scraped it reversing out of the space. Row I park in is normally half empty but of late it's been packed with cars close to one another.  Car park has CCTV so I'll be asking for that to be checked.

Fortunately not dented and borderline for catching on the nail, it should polish out with the DA, but still, right on the crease, again!!!  What is wrong with people!  :angry: 

That is bad luck Bec, sorry to hear. Someone has done similar to mine whilst parked in service station, but bit worse. I'm gonna put some pics up once I've washed her 2moz so I can give it a proper assessment. Pretty sure it's gonna need some paintwork 😢
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4344 on: 29 April 2016, 20:25 »
Another, what someone else has done to my car.  :cry:

Chipped and dented before and now scratched and scraped.

Found this on my rear offside bumper this evening.  Almost certain this has happened in the works car park today - looks like some t**t has scraped it reversing out of the space. Row I park in is normally half empty but of late it's been packed with cars close to one another.  Car park has CCTV so I'll be asking for that to be checked.

Fortunately not dented and borderline for catching on the nail, it should polish out with the DA, but still, right on the crease, again!!!  What is wrong with people!  :angry: 

That is bad luck Bec, sorry to hear. Someone has done similar to mine whilst parked in service station, but bit worse. I'm gonna put some pics up once I've washed her 2moz so I can give it a proper assessment. Pretty sure it's gonna need some paintwork 😢

That's bad luck for you too Snooze.  Another R victim of other people's carelessness, or rank stupidity.

Post up some pics when it's clean. Hope it doesn't need paint.  What a pita, really feel for you.  :sad:

It's actually really hard to tell with mine if it will polish out, but only one way to find out. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4345 on: 29 April 2016, 20:28 »
Changed Wheels over, quick wash and a much needed Hoover  :smiley:

OMG those wheels! 😎
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4346 on: 30 April 2016, 00:23 »
I hate seeing cars with damage with nobody owning up so I feel your pain Bec. Nothing worse coming out to the car and finding something wrong. Hopefully you'll find them on CCTV and shame them to paying for it to be sorted.

@Watts that looks a top job. Good stuff. Its a good feeling when you know work has been carried out correctly.

This is my damage for the day.
Dropped the car off at the dealer for work to be carried out. It was actually work to replace a piece of trim they had damaged on a previous visit.
So 2 members of staff went round the car for about 10 minutes with a fine tooth-comb and listed every we stone chip that I had.
I returned 4 hours later, quickly checked my alloys and left thinking there is no way they could have caused even more damage since I brought it to their attention. Drove home, parked on the drive, then went to move the cars around and found the following on my sill.

I emailed them with no reply so phoned the service manager to be told, none of the damage on my car was caused by them and maybe I should go to another dealership!!!   :grin: :grin:

If it wasn't so farcical I would cry.

You can actually see the sill raised where the indentaion is. Its as if they have driven on to the lift and swung the arms round to put under the car and one was raised too high and it damaged the the sill.  But as I expected, the dealership said it never happened with them!!!

Not the biggest damage in the grand scheme of things but your car shouldn't be damaged at all when its in their care.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4347 on: 30 April 2016, 00:41 »
Stevie

I am so cross for you.  :angry:  I'd be fuming about that especially as it went in to correct previous damage inflicted by them. And the attitude!!! They must be a total bunch of w****rs.  Honestly it's beyond words the incompetence and arrogance displayed.  All these things may be small bits of damage but it's still damage caused by others total lack of care and attention and then denial. And once you know it's there the size of the thing is irrelevant.  Hope you get it sorted ok Stevie.  Seems to be a awful lot of these incidents of late.  :cry:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4348 on: 30 April 2016, 07:42 »
What is wrong with people? How can you damage someone else's property and then not own up to it? I have a pact with a few like minded people at work, and we park together. Sounds sad but at least we take are when parking/opening doors.
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4349 on: 30 April 2016, 11:26 »
What is wrong with people? How can you damage someone else's property and then not own up to it? I have a pact with a few like minded people at work, and we park together. Sounds sad but at least we take are when parking/opening doors.

Totally agree, whether it's a car park or a dealer.

I have a similar pact with the others that park in the same row in works car park (mainly other hothatches) and for years the status quo has been maintained.  But there have been recent changes with office space in our building now being rented out to external organisations and they are being given dedicated sections of the car park so the rest of us are being squashed into less spaces and result is my usual parking row has more cars in it with this consequence.  :sad:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual