Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4230 on: 13 April 2016, 23:49 »
Not quite what have I done to my car, but.....

The supermarket in whose car park I suffered my door ding, the subject of this thread, was struck twice by lighting this evening.  Divine retribution I think that's called.  :grin:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/two-people-taken-hospital-after-7748962
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4231 on: 14 April 2016, 13:34 »
Had an intermittent fault on the GTD that it randomly does not let me change driving modes for a while but thought it was a 'feature' related to having just refuelled. Discovered today that it's a fault as been nowhere near a filling station.

Guess a trip to the dealer is in order. Its bow stuck in individual so could be worse
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4232 on: 14 April 2016, 13:46 »
Drove around with the windows down! I know, not exactly exciting but it's a lovely day and I enjoyed it!

Good weather also brings better fuel economy, 12 mile trip, two brief stops for shopping and 41ish mpg (was over 43 until I got stuck in a bit of traffic). Mind you, speed cameras every 10 feet probably helped....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #4233 on: 14 April 2016, 15:07 »
Dropped it off at the stealers for them to replace my Engine Start button, gearstick and media cable under warranty. They initially rejected the warranty claim but I reached out to VW CS on Twitter who overruled.

They have given me a VW UP! High in TR with nice wheels, heated seats and a panoramic roof as a courtesy car. It's not too bad, quite nice to drive and fairly economical (even though I hooned it on the way in to work!)
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4234 on: 14 April 2016, 19:31 »
They have given me a VW UP! High in TR with nice wheels, heated seats and a panoramic roof as a courtesy car. It's not too bad, quite nice to drive and fairly economical (even though I hooned it on the way in to work!)

They are rather nice aren't they. If only they had one with a 1.6l turbo with 180bhp

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4235 on: 17 April 2016, 15:01 »
Wash, tripple, ultra glaze, collinite 476s, summer wheels and spacers back on. I forgot how hard, noisy and generally gash the bridgestones are.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4236 on: 17 April 2016, 15:13 »
Dropped it off at the stealers for them to replace my Engine Start button, gearstick and media cable under warranty. They initially rejected the warranty claim but I reached out to VW CS on Twitter who overruled.

I really want an UP!
I keep thinking about leasing one, trouble is I'd then never use my Golf so it's a bit of a dilemma!

Wash, tripple, ultra glaze, collinite 476s, summer wheels and spacers back on. I forgot how hard, noisy and generally gash the bridgestones are.

Great shot, shame about the Noddy car photobombing it.
The Austins look sooooooo much better with spacers.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4237 on: 17 April 2016, 15:31 »

I really want an UP!
I keep thinking about leasing one, trouble is I'd then never use my Golf so it's a bit of a dilemma!
You and your 'UP' obsession! Just buy one already and get rid of the Golf, you know it's too much car for you :laugh:

Great shot, shame about the Noddy car photobombing it.
The Austins look sooooooo much better with spacers.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #4238 on: 17 April 2016, 16:11 »
Fitted the wheels and went for a drive.

You really notice the lighter wheels, in a good way!!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4239 on: 17 April 2016, 16:22 »
Fitted the wheels and went for a drive.

You really notice the lighter wheels, in a good way!!

Nice!  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl