Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4030 on: 19 March 2016, 15:43 »
............ and you really don't need them any darker unless you're deranged 😀

Really?!?  I thought it was each to their own.  :shocked:
When did we all have to start to conform? I must have missed that memo  :rolleyes:
It was meant to be a tongue in cheek remark but obviously got lost in translation.
I'll try to stick to the script in future for fear of offending someone  :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4031 on: 19 March 2016, 15:45 »
Bec I think I'm reasonably computer literate and had a go at the Flickr last year some time and it totally bamboozled me  :grin:
I'm jealous you can work it perfectly. I do prefer the layout of pictures etc on it but just can't seem to post links from it.

Stevie, Flickr is a right faff for posting on forums and quite why they won't give access to the BBCode from the mobile site or the App is beyond me!!! Very frustrating it is.  But I hate Photobucket layout even more so Flickr it is for me. That other link I posted earlier is useful for some posting and other sites I sometime post pic directly from device via Tapatalk which is great, but I still like to use a proper photo hosting site like Flickr as it helps me keep all my photos of the car in one place which proved to be very useful when selling my Mk6.  Also I upload things like the service sheets as it becomes a photographic record of the car's life and I like that, as I'm a bit sad, lol.

The biggest pita about Flickr is trying to select the link to copy on a phone or iPad, because you can't select it in the way you would on a laptop or desktop, and even when you tap on the link there is no option to Select All.  something Flickr have been criticised for but seem not to care.  The way to select the whole link (even though you can only see part of it on screen) is to - first bring up the box I mentioned earlier and select BBCode along the top which will bring up the link.  Then you have to tap on the link until part of it is selected, then pull one of the little blue dots on the selected text downwards and pull the other up which should select the whole link (even though only part of the link shows).  That will highlight the whole link and then tap copy.

I'm sure if they put their mind to it Flickr could make posting pics on forums so much easier but it's all geared to FB, Instagram and the like!
If I can get it to work, anyone can, let me assure you :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4032 on: 19 March 2016, 15:46 »
Untitled by Andrew Stevenson, on Flickr

Just did what you said Rebecca so her goes

Woohoo!  You did it. :smiley:  There's that lovely car again.  :cool:

If you want to lose the bit of text under the photo that states your name, then after you've pasted the link into your post, select the last bit of it and delete it.  There's a part in the link where there are  2 instances of url in square brackets next to each other.  Select the latter part and rest of the latter part of the link and it gets rid of the "untitled by....." text.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4033 on: 19 March 2016, 15:48 »
Bec I think I'm reasonably computer literate and had a go at the Flickr last year some time and it totally bamboozled me  :grin:
I'm jealous you can work it perfectly. I do prefer the layout of pictures etc on it but just can't seem to post links from it.

Stevie, Flickr is a right faff for posting on forums and quite why they won't give access to the BBCode from the mobile site or the App is beyond me!!! Very frustrating it is.  But I hate Photobucket layout even more so Flickr it is for me. That other link I posted earlier is useful for some posting and other sites I sometime post pic directly from device via Tapatalk which is great, but I still like to use a proper photo hosting site like Flickr as it helps me keep all my photos of the car in one place which proved to be very useful when selling my Mk6.  Also I upload things like the service sheets as it becomes a photographic record of the car's life and I like that, as I'm a bit sad, lol.

The biggest pita about Flickr is trying to select the link to copy on a phone or iPad, because you can't select it in the way you would on a laptop or desktop, and even when you tap on the link there is no option to Select All.  something Flickr have been criticised for but seem not to care.  The way to select the whole link (even though you can only see part of it on screen) is to - first bring up the box I mentioned earlier and select BBCode along the top which will bring up the link.  Then you have to tap on the link until part of it is selected, then pull one of the little blue dots on the selected text downwards and pull the other up which should select the whole link (even though only part of the link shows).  That will highlight the whole link and then tap copy.

I'm sure if they put their mind to it Flickr could make posting pics on forums so much easier but it's all geared to FB, Instagram and the like!
If I can get it to work, anyone can, let me assure you :smiley:

Haha, don't say that you'll make Stevie (p3asa) feel worse.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4034 on: 19 March 2016, 17:36 »

« Last Edit: 19 March 2016, 18:43 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Garhan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4035 on: 19 March 2016, 18:05 »
Very nice Kalimon,,enjoy it.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4036 on: 19 March 2016, 18:10 »
Very nice Kalimon,,enjoy it.
Thanks Garhan. I've put about 130 miles on it since Monday, mostly dropping my 2 lads off at the bar where they work.
Normally I would tell them to sod off but not this week :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4037 on: 20 March 2016, 07:09 »

Great colour, although I may be a bit biased  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4038 on: 20 March 2016, 13:06 »
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #4039 on: 20 March 2016, 13:24 »
Looks great. I'd have a hard job choosing between carbon grey and reflex silver next time...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership