Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3980 on: 16 March 2016, 19:05 »
The sticker over the knob would make me worse as I would know it had no chance of pointing in the right direction.  :laugh:

You have issues man

I just ordered two :whistle:

Putting stickers over it is akin to lifting your floor mats and sweeping the dirt under there  :laugh: :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3981 on: 16 March 2016, 19:51 »
The sticker over the knob would make me worse as I would know it had no chance of pointing in the right direction.  :laugh:

You have issues man

Putting stickers over it is akin to lifting your floor mats and sweeping the dirt under there  :laugh: :grin:

Exactly!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3982 on: 16 March 2016, 19:58 »

You have issues man

You don't do that?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3983 on: 16 March 2016, 20:55 »

You have issues man

You don't do that?

The horror.  :shocked: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3984 on: 16 March 2016, 21:03 »
Now I know you shouldn't check it............ But I had a weak moment today

I don't do much motorway driving, hence the low average MPH

All looks great but I couldn't have the volume control with the line in any position other than bolt up-right - I go mad if my OH moves it :rolleyes:

Man, I thought I was the only one. My wife turns it just to annoy me.

There's loads of us, I must show my wife.

Safety in numbers?

JB GTI - not sure what you're saying there :whistle:

I was talking about my knob  :whistle:  Fnarr Fnarr !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3985 on: 17 March 2016, 15:55 »
Hit a pheasant which managed to destroy the ACC sensor and grille, ACC sensors are a tad expensive  :shocked:

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3986 on: 17 March 2016, 16:27 »
If it were me I'd poach it with ginger,chillies and lime.
As for the sensor,it sounds expensive.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3987 on: 17 March 2016, 16:29 »
Hit a pheasant which managed to destroy the ACC sensor and grille, ACC sensors are a tad expensive  :shocked:

Just for reference, have you had this repaired yet Wigit ?

I've heard that the sensor itself isn't too bad, but the calibration is what bumps the price up ? Purely cos' I'm very nosey, in case this happens to someone else, what sort of money are we looking at ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3988 on: 17 March 2016, 17:57 »

It's amazing how much damage they can do.  As Sootchuker says it's the calibration that costs.  Do you think your alignment has been knocked out.  That's all linked to the radar sensor too so that also bumps up the cost.  Hope you get it sorted ok and the cost is not too much of a nasty surprise.  Now, what have you done with the bird? - is it hung up at your place, lol. 

Lots of Pheasant round my way but have so far managed to avoid a collision with one.  One comes in our garden everyday for a mooch round.  The car doesn't know what to make of it!!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3989 on: 17 March 2016, 17:58 »
Sootchucker - in case you read this:

I spoke to Lockwood today about some other stuff and I asked about 5 door GTD sill plates and they have plans to manufacture these in the very near future. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual