Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3700 on: 31 January 2016, 14:41 »
Very nice. Decent price too.
What do VW charge for it ?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3701 on: 31 January 2016, 15:45 »
Nice.  The Audi dealer we got the A1 from flung one in when we picked up the car.
Great to keep the boot clean but I felt it made a small space even smaller and a bit of a pain when you were needing in under the boot floor. Not that that happens often though.
Certainly makes the boot area look better.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline spider62

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3702 on: 31 January 2016, 15:47 »
They are a great bit of kit and do keep the boot free from dirt etc.

I got mine direct from the dealer about 6 months ago for £50 inc VAT.
GTI PP MK7,LSG,DCC,Winter Pack,Kenwood GNV-MIB1 + VCDS Mods

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3703 on: 31 January 2016, 17:26 »
First thing I bought when I picked up my Mk7. Wouldn't be without it  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3704 on: 31 January 2016, 18:25 »
Load liner looks very smart. Don't need one myself though, nothing dirty EVER goes in the boot of my cars. That's why my OH has a car :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3705 on: 31 January 2016, 20:05 »
Very nice. Decent price too.
What do VW charge for it ?

On the VW website it looks to be £65 so the ebay price is good and it's genuine VW.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3706 on: 31 January 2016, 20:15 »
Nice.  The Audi dealer we got the A1 from flung one in when we picked up the car.
Great to keep the boot clean but I felt it made a small space even smaller and a bit of a pain when you were needing in under the boot floor. Not that that happens often though.
Certainly makes the boot area look better.

I don't feel it makes the boot any smaller, actually think it makes it look bigger but that's just an illusion. I don't go under the boot floor very often, but seems easy enough to whip out  :-)

They are a great bit of kit and do keep the boot free from dirt etc.

I got mine direct from the dealer about 6 months ago for £50 inc VAT.

The same one looks to be £65 on the VW Accessories section of the website so eBay price is good.  :smiley:

Apart from the colour, I think your R and my R might be interchangeable.  Ah, but you need some paddle shifters..... :wink:

Load liner looks very smart. Don't need one myself though, nothing dirty EVER goes in the boot of my cars. That's why my OH has a car :wink:

Haha!  For the really dirty jobs we have the BEAST (Amarok), but I do have to carry a fair bit of work kit in mine and make regular visits to dirty sites so the boot takes a bit of a battering.

The liner is very light weight so I'll just peel it out from time to time, shake off the loose muck, wipe it down with a damp cloth and slip it back into place.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #3707 on: 03 February 2016, 19:37 »
Washed and admiring how the Gloss It Ceramic Coating looks after 4 months

Got a new start/stop button fitted under warranty as it was starting to peel.
Also new MIBI screen fitted to try and resolve the issue of screen freezing and stations changing channels randomly on cold mornings!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3708 on: 03 February 2016, 21:15 »

Apart from the colour, I think your R and my R might be interchangeable.  Ah, but you need some paddle shifters..... :wink:

Lol  :laugh:
Still think the S2T B3's are too Bloody expensive for what they are but "IF" I was to go for them I think I would go for the polished clear anodised (Silver) as I think there are enough little bits of silver on the steering wheel to carry it off quite well  :smiley: :smug:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3709 on: 03 February 2016, 22:40 »

Lol  :laugh:
Still think the S2T B3's are too Bloody expensive for what they are but "IF" I was to go for them I think I would go for the polished clear anodised (Silver) as I think there are enough little bits of silver on the steering wheel to carry it off quite well  :smiley: :smug:

You mean you don't like my polished black ones!  :cry: :cry: :grin:

I agree, clear silver will look good and better for Lapiz.  I think that's the beauty of the interior though that actually pretty much any of the paddles would go well.

I'll take your "IF" as a "WHEN"  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual