Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3670 on: 26 January 2016, 12:46 »
some serious handbags at dawn going off on this thread  :whistle:

Anyway, back in the real world, I mustve hit a kerb over the weekend unknowingly, so £85 later, I now look like this for the next two days...

2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3671 on: 26 January 2016, 12:53 »
Spent ages this morning cleaning dog sh!t off the pedals, mats etc.  :angry:

Unknowingly stepped in a big pile of it on a site meeting and only became aware as I wash driving back when the smell overcame me.  Now need to drive with all the windows open to rid the smell!   :sick:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3672 on: 26 January 2016, 13:00 »

Unknowingly stepped in a big pile of it on a site meeting and only became aware as I wash driving back when the smell overcame me.  Now need to drive with all the windows open to rid the smell!   :sick:

Beware the dog egg !!  :laugh: :angry: :laugh:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3673 on: 26 January 2016, 13:29 »

Beware the dog egg !!  :laugh: :angry: :laugh:

I know! Pesky mutt. :angry: :angry:  It's only the second time it's ever happened (once in the mk6) and I've only just got over the trauma of the first time. :grin:   

Even though I've cleaned everything in sight and the offending boots have been banished elsewhere to be soaked, the smell is in my nostrils and will be with me for the rest of the day.  Note to self to get a back up Gliptone Leather freshener.  They smell divine - lovely leathery new car smell, better than the dog egg.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gliptone-Fresheners-Leather-Freshener-Fragrance/dp/B00DOTIPE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453814717&sr=8-1&keywords=gliptone+air+freshener-
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3674 on: 26 January 2016, 14:01 »
That's nothing!
Yesterday whilst reeling in 100m of hosepipe at work, I realised that the hose had dragged through a fresh dog sh!t.
The result, dog sh!t on both hands!
I've not eaten since :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3675 on: 26 January 2016, 14:27 »
Bleach.... oh hang on that's for bodies not dog eggs ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3676 on: 26 January 2016, 14:51 »
I'm sure I saw Mk7-GTD walking his dog on that site earlier.
Hope they are not the new mats.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3677 on: 26 January 2016, 14:55 »
Is it really cool to have to think about what other people might think may me cool? Does it really matter?

When all is said and done, it's still a useful tool that sneaks under the radar.

All subjective and i didn't realise I wasn't allowed to share an opinion, design background and can't help myself

My flippant use of the them cool i admit was based superficially on the aesthetics of the R estate and not its engineering, it for me exaggerates the bits i do not like on the normal R, front, skirts and rear bumper, the GTD  estate for me is the better looking beast

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3678 on: 26 January 2016, 15:00 »

I have to admit i always change any site boots before entering into the vehicle given instances like this and ensure I have a couple of bags

I would be gutted and those mats looked oh so special

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3679 on: 26 January 2016, 15:58 »
Ordered the B3 ST2 paddles and a solitary Sport Pilot Cup 2 for a track day in February