Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785039 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3530 on: 06 January 2016, 18:32 »
You need to sell that Jag :grin:
I'm not sure if I missed something but why do you have the Jag and the R ?
There's obviously a reasonable explanation ( other than just being flash ) :laugh:
« Last Edit: 06 January 2016, 18:37 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3531 on: 06 January 2016, 18:57 »
There's obviously a reasonable explanation ( other than just being flash ) :laugh:

I have just noticed how similar the mirrors on the Jag are to the Golf. It is surprising because there are loads of photos of it on the site!

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3532 on: 06 January 2016, 21:45 »

The Golf is too small, and is a 3 door. They are very different cars, my wife doe not like the Golf, Its not as comfortable, I drive faster (apparently) and its louder.

If I'm by myself its the Golf all day long, but for a comfortable drive with the family in tow, its got to be the Jag. It also gets a real world MPG combined of 58mpg
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3533 on: 06 January 2016, 21:52 »
I take it the Jags a diesel?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3534 on: 06 January 2016, 23:12 »
I take it the Jags a diesel?

yeah 2.0d runs around 215bhp
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3535 on: 10 January 2016, 16:29 »
Today (just finished in fact) I have given the car a very thorough wash so that I can demonstrate that the car's wheels have not a mark on them when I take it to Costco tomorrow for a new set of tyres (19" Michelin PSS). Last time I used them for tyres they appraised the wheel condition before they removed them so they knew if they did any damage or if it was already there.

No more stone chips detected (I have a tiny burr in the top coat on the bonnet and an indent chip right next to one of the front bumper parking sensors) - the paint seems to be holding up very well, but some of that may well be down to the lack of need to grit the roads at all this year (so far). I think my C2V3 might be done in and requiring another coat but the daylight was fading.

Costco have confirmed that they have the PSS in stock so ready to fit tomorrow (when the £75 Costco voucher offer starts for a set of 4 tyres).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3536 on: 10 January 2016, 16:46 »
Easily the biggest worry when changing tyres is the risk of them getting scratched.
I took my A3 in to a place I've  used for years and expressly asked them to be careful.
Two minutes later the young lad came out nearly crying, holding my ruined alloy.
Never went there again but they fixed the wheel.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3537 on: 10 January 2016, 20:05 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3538 on: 10 January 2016, 20:25 »
Looks awesome Rebecca

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3539 on: 10 January 2016, 21:18 »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA