Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785016 times)

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3490 on: 30 December 2015, 13:45 »
Yeah I have ordered new from them before and the car I have at the moment I ordered the 2nd week of Jan 13 and had the car in the dealers the middle of Feb.

Wow 5 weeks from being ordered to delivered? Is he making them out his back yard  :grin: 

Seriously though that must be some sort of record considering VW insist your confirmed build week is for 4 weeks in advance.
That leaves 1 week for it being on their system, built, on the train, ferried, transported and PDI'd

Must not be as many orders going in at the moment for some reason?! :whistle:

Edit, I have just realised this is 2013 you are refering to.

Sorry I should have stated that more clearly.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3491 on: 30 December 2015, 13:48 »

Was the GTI / GTD even out then?
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=258984.0
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3492 on: 30 December 2015, 13:57 »
How does it work with dealers? He said that they have loads to pick from with various spec and colour. I'm leaning towards limestone grey or Oryx white, both of which they have in their dealers at the minute.

If I take one from what they have due to come before March at what point is it too late to change spec?

You can change spec right up until it has a confirmed build week. This is 4 weeks before the car is due to be built.
Once it has a confirmed build week you can't change anything. You would have to order from scratch again.

Anything can be changed before the confirmed build week. My dealer had a red 3dr, DSG with leather & sunroof in the system. So its been changed to my specs. 5dr manual, black with cloth.  Having a car in the system is like just reserving your space. But like I say once that build date is confirmed its locked and the dealer has to go with that.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3493 on: 30 December 2015, 14:01 »

It wasn't a Golf, it was a CC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3494 on: 30 December 2015, 14:10 »

LoL seriously!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3495 on: 30 December 2015, 14:15 »

LoL seriously!!!  :rolleyes:

Why, what difference does it make what VW I ordered from them before? Just to be clear it is a Golf I'm ordering now.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3496 on: 30 December 2015, 14:52 »
Why, what difference does it make what VW I ordered from them before? Just to be clear it is a Golf I'm ordering now.

They all have completely different delivery times. I presumed "wrongly" you were referring to a Golf you got in 5 weeks!!

Your dealer has told you as long as you order within the first week or two in January you'll get it for the 1st of March, all I'm trying to say is I wouldn't put any money on that. 7 / 8 weeks is being a bit optimistic.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3497 on: 30 December 2015, 15:42 »

They all have completely different delivery times. I presumed "wrongly" you were referring to a Golf you got in 5 weeks!!

Your dealer has told you as long as you order within the first week or two in January you'll get it for the 1st of March, all I'm trying to say is I wouldn't put any money on that. 7 / 8 weeks is being a bit optimistic.

Right I get you now.

What the dealer said was that if I ordered in the first couple of weeks of January then I would definitely have the car ready for pick up on the 1st of March.

If I had of ordered before Christmas he would have had the car the end of January/beginning of February but I don't want the car sitting at the dealers where people can walk around it and maybe scratch it. I want the car there for as little time as possible before I collect it.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3498 on: 30 December 2015, 16:28 »
I took over and completely changed the spec of my Golf R around the third week of November last year and it was built 1st week of January and delivered to the dealer on 21st Jan so it can be done in short timescales if you get lucky  :smiley:
The fact that I didn't have it until Mar 1st doesn't count though   :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3499 on: 31 December 2015, 08:26 »
Went to fit the below footrest yesterday........FYI too small for DSG cars.  Good quality though.

http://goo.gl/ujCGCL
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.