Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785066 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3470 on: 26 December 2015, 13:11 »
I'm sure GTDs are quite easy to come by with 4 months until the loyalty scheme runs out,

Its only 3 months you have as it needs to be registered in March. If GTDs are as common as folk on here make out, even without the new car sales rush of new registrations in March, 12 weeks might be a push.  (Just in case you thought you had longer)

Although in saying that, I'm sure I read on the VW site you were meant to produce your V5 for the £1000 loyalty. My salesman never asked me for anything so there may be a way round it for the dealers to extract that £1000 out with the time frame.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3471 on: 26 December 2015, 13:26 »
I'm sure GTDs are quite easy to come by with 4 months until the loyalty scheme runs out,

Its only 3 months you have as it needs to be registered in March. If GTDs are as common as folk on here make out, even without the new car sales rush of new registrations in March, 12 weeks might be a push.  (Just in case you thought you had longer)

Although in saying that, I'm sure I read on the VW site you were meant to produce your V5 for the £1000 loyalty. My salesman never asked me for anything so there may be a way round it for the dealers to extract that £1000 out with the time frame.

It's to the end of March, so effectively 4 months. V5 supposed to be produced, but I can see the dealers being able to confirm electronically that you are a current owner of a car they provided (and so they know your reg to check) for more than 90 days to save you showing your V5.

If GTDs (and the other TDIs) are still marred by public perception on the emissions scandal (even though they are unaffected) then there should be plenty of allocation. Perhaps the allocation thing is out the window right now and VW will be grateful for the sale and treat every build as a normal car in a normal queue (parts availability permitting).

I wonder if VW dare throw in the usual 2 or 3 price rises this coming year following the scandal fallout?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #3472 on: 26 December 2015, 13:35 »
When are you going start the negotiations?

I found a few garages up here have changed their trade-in practice. None were willing to look at mine or even give me a price until the replacement car had arrived. So I couldn't even work out a price to change. Instead I've had to go with a webuyanycar rough price.

Also to get the £1000 loyalty bonus the car needs to be registered by the end of March so it might be a tight squeeze depending on how the dealers allocation goes. Although with VW sales down they might extend the deal or give something even better as a sweetener.

I'm sure GTDs are quite easy to come by with 4 months until the loyalty scheme runs out, especially if the reported 20% drop in VW sales across Europe continues to happen, either as unallocated builds or pre-delivery network grabbable stock.

I tried to get a hold of my favoured salesman at Pulman, but he was busy with 2 car handovers on Christmas Eve morning. I fired off an email to him literally 1/2 an hour before the branch closure on Christmas Eve stating that DTD could do £3660 off + £1000 loyalty bonus and said they could offer £16k p/x (a guess on my part as to what it should be worth to them, assuming it would be up for £19k on the used forecourt) on my Dads (1st July 13, the first UK MK7 GTD arrival on this site I believe).

I said that equated to an £8600 cost to change for my Dad and asked how close he could get to that figure. Just waiting for his reply. Hopefully (for my Dad's sake) he'll get within £200 of that cost to change and my Dad will put his order in. I'll chase him up later next week if i've heard nowt from him.

hi mate - do you use pullman scotswood road by any chance?
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3473 on: 26 December 2015, 13:45 »
When are you going start the negotiations?

I found a few garages up here have changed their trade-in practice. None were willing to look at mine or even give me a price until the replacement car had arrived. So I couldn't even work out a price to change. Instead I've had to go with a webuyanycar rough price.

Also to get the £1000 loyalty bonus the car needs to be registered by the end of March so it might be a tight squeeze depending on how the dealers allocation goes. Although with VW sales down they might extend the deal or give something even better as a sweetener.

I'm sure GTDs are quite easy to come by with 4 months until the loyalty scheme runs out, especially if the reported 20% drop in VW sales across Europe continues to happen, either as unallocated builds or pre-delivery network grabbable stock.

I tried to get a hold of my favoured salesman at Pulman, but he was busy with 2 car handovers on Christmas Eve morning. I fired off an email to him literally 1/2 an hour before the branch closure on Christmas Eve stating that DTD could do £3660 off + £1000 loyalty bonus and said they could offer £16k p/x (a guess on my part as to what it should be worth to them, assuming it would be up for £19k on the used forecourt) on my Dads (1st July 13, the first UK MK7 GTD arrival on this site I believe).

I said that equated to an £8600 cost to change for my Dad and asked how close he could get to that figure. Just waiting for his reply. Hopefully (for my Dad's sake) he'll get within £200 of that cost to change and my Dad will put his order in. I'll chase him up later next week if i've heard nowt from him.

hi mate - do you use pullman scotswood road by any chance?

Hi Chris,

Scotswood Road is Benfield (which has just become part of the Lookers group), and i've found them quite poor for negotiations in recent years (crap p/x and less discount than I can get at Pulman). I used to go to Pulman Sunderland, to a certain salesman, nowI go to Pulman Durham as he transferred there. I usually get a reasonable p/x and a very good discount (with negotiation).

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3474 on: 26 December 2015, 15:02 »

It's to the end of March, so effectively 4 months. V5 supposed to be produced, but I can see the dealers being able to confirm electronically that you are a current owner of a car they provided (and so they know your reg to check) for more than 90 days to save you showing your V5.

If GTDs (and the other TDIs) are still marred by public perception on the emissions scandal (even though they are unaffected) then there should be plenty of allocation. Perhaps the allocation thing is out the window right now and VW will be grateful for the sale and treat every build as a normal car in a normal queue (parts availability permitting).

I wonder if VW dare throw in the usual 2 or 3 price rises this coming year following the scandal fallout?

How is, to the end of March 4 months?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3475 on: 26 December 2015, 19:04 »

Aye, you're right, don't know what I was thinking there. My body clock is still a bit screwed up from 2.5 weeks away in Mexico/Las Vegas, looks like my inner calendar is screwed too. Hopefully they'd be able to grab a GTD allocation to build within 13 weeks or they extend the loyalty scheme if they still need the sales.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3476 on: 26 December 2015, 22:29 »

You had me counting my fingers there thinking something was far wrong  :grin:

I put the new car in my wifes name and he never even asked me for my registration number. Now I think about it though maybe it was via my address as the loyalty is paid out if someone at the same address owns a VW.

Good luck with your car hunting. I always feel a sense of excitement before I go looking for a new car then just feel violated after being round a few dealers  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3477 on: 27 December 2015, 09:04 »

[/quote]

Aye, you're right, don't know what I was thinking there. My body clock is still a bit screwed up from 2.5 weeks away in Mexico/Las Vegas, looks like my inner calendar is screwed too. Hopefully they'd be able to grab a GTD allocation to build within 13 weeks or they extend the loyalty scheme if they still need the sales.
[/quote]

I haven't even ordered my car yet and my dealer told me that as long as I order the first week or two of January I will have the car for 1st of March.

I'm torn between the estate and 5 door.

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3478 on: 27 December 2015, 16:38 »
Kurbed an alloy. Not happy. Dark lane and still plenty of detritus filling gutters from yesterdays flood. Not happy but sh!t happens. Thankfully not like the thousand or so locals who were evacuated yesterday. More floods due Wednesday. Glad I live in a 'no floo' part of town.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2015, 18:27 by Mrparkuk »
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3479 on: 27 December 2015, 22:04 »
I haven't even ordered my car yet and my dealer told me that as long as I order the first week or two of January I will have the car for 1st of March.

I'm torn between the estate and 5 door.

He can guarantee it in 8 weeks?
Not sure if you've ordered a new VW before but your order sits with the factory for a few weeks, waiting on a build slot.
You are then given a guaranteed build week which is 4 weeks in the future.
It can be built in a couple of days
It then has to wait on a train, wait on a ferry, wait on clearance, wait on it being transported to the dealer and then finally wait on it being PDI'd. VW say to give that 4 weeks although 2-3 weeks seems to be the norm although folk have reported it being quicker.

So 4 weeks build date, 2 weeks delivery only gives your dealer 2 weeks for it to be in the system before hand and thats you ordering on the 1st of January. Some folk are in the system for months before a build date is confirmed.

Unless he has cars already in the system that he can change the sepc with I'd doubt very much he could get a fresh order to you in that time frame. If he can that's some service.
The estate might be even longer as I'm sure they do that in batches as the tooling has to be changed.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2015, 22:12 by p3asa »