Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785072 times)

Jackie Treehorn

Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3400 on: 11 December 2015, 12:02 »
^^this

Curborough is like driving around a car park for size, and I don't think the long gears of a Turbo S are suited to it.

Glad you had fun in you car though, always good to explore the limits.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2015, 12:05 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3401 on: 11 December 2015, 16:23 »

Great day as fasted overall and nice to scalp a new 911 Turbo S who is a regular be a second and he was trying

I can pretty much guarantee you that if he was trying you would have lost, and lost horrendously :grin:  I've driven a Turbo S and its the quickest car I've ever been in by a country mile.

He is a regular and drives it there all the time and it is quick in the dry, he also sprints a 918 there which I can't believe how hard he drives it, that said he has the ring record 918 in his collection, was out in his new GT3 RS (which he was going to bring back as thought quicker), yet to see the GT4 he got at the same time a the RS, i suppose you are intimating all the gear no idea :)

You'll have to bring the Cayman S up and give us a masterclass of how its done as I think it should go rather well

Have to admit I find the 4wd 911s rather dull as not that sharp on turn in, the 2wd variants are way better but i absolutely, for balance the Caymen for me is a hard car to beat as just so controllable

^^this

Curborough is like driving around a car park for size, and I don't think the long gears of a Turbo S are suited to it.

Glad you had fun in you car though, always good to explore the limits.

Easier to drive round a lot of tracks but getting it tight there is tough, its technical, everything happens in a blur and stakes are high if you get it wrong

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3402 on: 11 December 2015, 16:45 »

You'll have to bring the Cayman S up and give us a masterclass of how its done as I think it should go rather well

Have to admit I find the 4wd 911s rather dull as not that sharp on turn in, the 2wd variants are way better but i absolutely, for balance the Caymen for me is a hard car to beat as just so controllable

That would be utterly pointless as I'm not deluded enough to think my car is quicker than a Turbo S  :grin:  That car is in a different league to a Cayman and a Golf R - there is no comparison whatsoever.  I'm not making any assumptions on his driving, other than having driven both the Turbo S and Golf R at length, I can't think of any situation whereby a Golf R would beat a Turbo S other than the driver of that Porsche was taking it easy, it's an absolute beast of a car!

Yes, the handling is superb, however on the UK roads and with our weather the 4wd is a more controllable/relaxed car on a daily drive  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #3403 on: 12 December 2015, 10:09 »
Just done my multiple ciggy mod on my new R - an extra 10 minutes as the 'mouse' takes a different route in the R from the GTI

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=261543.0

And was then able to tidy up the leads to all my accessories
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3404 on: 12 December 2015, 11:17 »
Brought my lovely wife to wrk this morning in the snow, perfect time to turn the seats on...mmmm lovely :evil:

Came home and ordered new BBS CH-R wheels, now looking for a nice set of tyres to wrap them in :smiley:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3405 on: 12 December 2015, 15:20 »
Brought my lovely wife to wrk this morning in the snow, perfect time to turn the seats on...mmmm lovely :evil:

Came home and ordered new BBS CH-R wheels, now looking for a nice set of tyres to wrap them in :smiley:

Anthracite?  Great choice, will look stunning on the R.  :cool:

Tyres - got to be either Michelin PSS or ContiSportContact 5P.  On my third set of the Contis (incl, GTI) and faultless every time.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3406 on: 12 December 2015, 15:39 »
Where did you order them from if you don't mind me asking?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Last Edit: 12 December 2015, 16:03 by Cossieian »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3408 on: 12 December 2015, 16:50 »
Thats a cracking price!
Thanks for the link :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3409 on: 12 December 2015, 17:00 »
Thats a cracking price!
Thanks for the link :smiley:

Your welcome :smiley:
You buying :wink: