Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3370 on: 28 November 2015, 16:48 »
You need to get vcds to code your brake lights to use the full clusters. Always looks wrong to me the way it's set up from factory

Could you explain further what you mean by using full clusters ?
Sounds interesting
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3371 on: 28 November 2015, 17:05 »
You need to get vcds to code your brake lights to use the full clusters. Always looks wrong to me the way it's set up from factory

Could you explain further what you mean by using full clusters ?
Sounds interesting

Look at the video. Brake lights are only using the outer clusters. The ones on the boot lid aren't lit at all. You can code them with VCDS to use the full cluster and it looks a billion times better.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3372 on: 28 November 2015, 17:38 »
Now you mention it, it does look odd.
Thanks for the info😀
Ps
I take it this is something that you can't do yourself?
« Last Edit: 28 November 2015, 17:47 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3373 on: 28 November 2015, 17:46 »
The reason vw didn't light up all the rear when braking is because the regulation states that the rear brake lights should illuminate only the left and right edges of the rear of every vehicle in multiples of 2.

Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3374 on: 28 November 2015, 20:12 »
The reason vw didn't light up all the rear when braking is because the regulation states that the rear brake lights should illuminate only the left and right edges of the rear of every vehicle in multiples of 2.

Why do Audi's light up all the rear leds so?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3375 on: 28 November 2015, 22:00 »
Good point kevinm,I'm no expert by any means (I'll eat humble pie if necessary) the Audi Q3 for example does light up all the way as you describe but this is a single unit that sweeps under the tailgate.
The golf's tailgate is 2 units on each side.There is a cluster that is on the tailgate itself.The new Audi A4 avant has its rear lights in 2 parts like the golf does.Ive just watched one on YouTube and only the outer 2 light up same as golf.
It might be because the Q3 is a single unit that they can legally do this.
I'm happy to be wrong won't be the first time.

Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3376 on: 28 November 2015, 23:04 »
Had my car serviced at 37500 miles yesterday only to be told I'd need my DSG oil changed at 40k at a cost of £179. Cheeky buggers. Not impressed.

Why are you not impressed?  DSG oil and filter change is due every 40k miles. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3377 on: 28 November 2015, 23:17 »
Had my car serviced at 37500 miles yesterday only to be told I'd need my DSG oil changed at 40k at a cost of £179. Cheeky buggers. Not impressed.

Maybe expecting the DSG oil and filter change to be included on a service pack or perhaps being only 2500 miles away for the DSG oil change could have been given the option of it being done at the same time as the 37500 mile service for more convenience and perhaps reduced cost as the car was in anyway?

I have the £15.99pm service pack for 4 years coverage about to start (I hope!) and am expecting the Haldex fluid change to be taken care of as part of the pack when the car hits 40k miles (if it is due then).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3378 on: 28 November 2015, 23:36 »

Maybe expecting the DSG oil and filter change to be included on a service pack or perhaps being only 2500 miles away for the DSG oil change could have been given the option of it being done at the same time as the 37500 mile service for more convenience and perhaps reduced cost as the car was in anyway?

I have the £15.99pm service pack for 4 years coverage about to start (I hope!) and am expecting the Haldex fluid change to be taken care of as part of the pack when the car hits 40k miles (if it is due then).

Yes, I can understand your point about getting it done at the same time as the service, but the OP hasn't stated why he's not impressed.  But does anyone really expect the DSG oil/filter change to be included in the Service Pack? It's pretty clearly set out on the VW website.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3379 on: 29 November 2015, 21:58 »
I got my car washed just in the nick of time. All looking shiny and I was just about to buff dry when it started raining. I was contemplating giving the front end another coat of C2V3 and maybe swapping the front wheels for backs to even out the tyre wear, but the rain made my mind up. Probably the last wash it will get this year as i'm away on 2 weeks hols very soon.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.