Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3250 on: 04 November 2015, 19:26 »
I had my steering wheel replaced. There was a manufacturing fault which left sharp edges on the aluminium trim.

Dealer switched it no questions. It's perfect now  :smiley:
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3251 on: 04 November 2015, 20:29 »
Ordered a set of Lockwood sill protectors.  No R logo unfortunately but still nice with an etched stripe, and more or less the same as I had on the GTI. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #3252 on: 04 November 2015, 21:50 »
Not seen those before and they look great but they don't do them for the 3 door model  :cry:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3253 on: 04 November 2015, 22:14 »
Not seen those before and they look great but they don't do them for the 3 door model  :cry:

I know it's a real shame.  Had the GTI ones before, really liked them and the protected from marks, chips.

Just about to order these too - DSG paddle extensions from S2T

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #3254 on: 05 November 2015, 11:49 »
I was really intrigued by those paddle extensions but had a quick look online, the're a mighty expensive accessory! $225?! I bet they look ace but I'm afraid I'll stick with the puny standard options for that money.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3255 on: 05 November 2015, 18:09 »
I was really intrigued by those paddle extensions but had a quick look online, the're a mighty expensive accessory! $225?! I bet they look ace but I'm afraid I'll stick with the puny standard options for that money.

True they are not cheap, but I've muddled by with oem rubbish ones for the last 7 years so I promised myself the R would get a nice set of extensions.  I've had a good look around and there's not a lot that I really like, so it will be these ones.  I don't massively mod my car, just little interior tweaks so not like shelling out for new sets of wheels or exhausts, maps etc.

Looking to sort a group buy with some other interested guys on VWROC to keep the postage costs down, so that might help a bit.
« Last Edit: 05 November 2015, 18:13 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #3256 on: 05 November 2015, 18:18 »
Not going for the titanium ones at $445.95?  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3257 on: 05 November 2015, 18:20 »
Not going for the titanium ones at $445.95?  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Er, no!  :grin:  :shocked:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #3258 on: 05 November 2015, 21:00 »
I had my steering wheel replaced. There was a manufacturing fault which left sharp edges on the aluminium trim.

Well I was a bit quick on the perfect statement there. Drove to work this morning entered a motorway slip road and went to pull on the down paddle to drop a couple of gears. Where's the paddle???? No paddles!

Dealer ordering another wheel and I should get it changed again next week  :rolleyes:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3259 on: 05 November 2015, 21:53 »

Well I was a bit quick on the perfect statement there. Drove to work this morning entered a motorway slip road and went to pull on the down paddle to drop a couple of gears. Where's the paddle???? No paddles!

Dealer ordering another wheel and I should get it changed again next week  :rolleyes:

Leicester Volkswagen by any chance ?? If so why doesn't this surprise me !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA