Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785001 times)

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3100 on: 01 October 2015, 23:11 »

Beddie - so you too have to endure the Legoland experience this week.  We are staying in the actual Legoland Hotel (that cost an arm and a leg!) so hoping that the parking situation might be a little better.  Will go on Google maps now and suss the situation out.  :grin:

Yeah taking my very own snotty nosed kid! Luckily I've dodged the extortionate cost of the Legoland hotel as we're on a 2 nighter and the 400 mile round trip @25mpg is punishment enough, so slumming it in the premier inn  :grin:

Ah, I see you have moved on to advanced reconnaissance to find a suitable parking spot.
Can't say that i have ever done that........ :whistle:

Yeah had to up my game on this trip! Thoughts of multi storey car parks in Windsor and being sandwiched between a couple of 10 year old ford galaxies at Legoland were keeping me awake at night!  :laugh:

Brilliant.  :laugh:
I thought I was the only sado that did this.  :grin:

You are not alone, fellow car park worrier!  :grin:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3101 on: 01 October 2015, 23:46 »
I have however done some recon using google maps satellite view and have identified 5 good spots in the car park that I'll be heading straight for  :grin:

Ah, I see you have moved on to advanced reconnaissance to find a suitable parking spot.
Can't say that i have ever done that........ :whistle:

Liar, liar  :laugh:

Isn't that why they invented Google maps/Earth/Streetview.  :grin:

:grin: :grin:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3102 on: 02 October 2015, 12:51 »
Gave the inside a bit of a clean.  That gloss piano trim sure likes dust!

Here’s a few random pics of the interior.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3103 on: 02 October 2015, 13:09 »
I'm not a big fan of leather but that is lovely. Really classy looking.

Is the Nav pro bigger than the previous version of Nav pro as it certainly looks bigger.

Congratulations again.

What wait??  :smug:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3104 on: 02 October 2015, 14:02 »
The new turbo has arrived at Pulman for fitment to my R. As they weren't sure if it would come, they haven't allocated time to fix it today, they will try and squeeze it in this afternoon if they can do it without rushing it. The wife's A1 arrival is proving useful while the R is out of action.

Dropping the R off the other day, the branch was empty. Aftermath of the VW TDI emissions scandal, or is Tuesday morning just a crappy time to be looking at cars with a view to buy?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3105 on: 02 October 2015, 15:28 »
I'm not a big fan of leather but that is lovely. Really classy looking.

Is the Nav pro bigger than the previous version of Nav pro as it certainly looks bigger.

Congratulations again.

What wait??  :smug:

Wait!  Pah!  It was nothing. :grin:

No, I'm sure the Pro Nav screen is same as it was at 8".  Glad I switched and opted for the Tech Pack now, as the bigger screen does look great, and my eyesight is not what it was, lol.

Also the Dynaudio, even not burned in, it's miles better than the 1st gen in the mk6.  It's fantastic now but will be superb once it's properly run in. 

Had a good listen to the exhaust today.  Parked in the driveway, engine running, one foot on the pedal revving it, and my ear tuned to the exhaust.  Gorgeous!  Plenty of pops, a seductive low growl, sublime! :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3106 on: 02 October 2015, 15:38 »
I'm sure there is also a VCDS mod to allow more noise by opening a valve.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3107 on: 02 October 2015, 16:56 »
I'm sure there is also a VCDS mod to allow more noise by opening a valve.

The exhaust flapper mod? Is that the one you're thinking?

I won't be greedy just yet.  The noise is fine as it is for now ; )
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3108 on: 02 October 2015, 17:40 »

Nice! Very classy and understated.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3109 on: 02 October 2015, 22:58 »

Nice! Very classy and understated.

Yeah, I like it.  First thoughts were it looked a bit 'cheap quality' compared to the Mk6 leather - there's definitely cost savings evident in the interior of the Mk7.  But now I've had it a couple of days, it's grown on me and I like it.  I do think this leather is going to sag and age more than the old Mk6 leather though.

The indicator and wiper stalks seem a bit flimsy but it's a minor point, and in no way detracts from the 'awesomeness' of the car.  What a drive it is!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual