Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785057 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3070 on: 30 September 2015, 21:39 »
Picked it up!   

After an 8 month wait, picked up my new R this morning.  Efficient, no frills handover at JCB Medway, suited me fine.

Formalities over, started it up and off we went.  Only driven 50 miles so far, but, it's THE BEST first 50 miles in any car I've ever had.  Awesome and exhilarating!!!  It's on another level compared to my Mk6 GTI.  8 months wait melted away with every mile.  Oh, and shod with Conti 5P's!  The R and I are going to have fun.....and then some!

Here's  few pics, after I gave it a quick wash.  I'd asked JCB not to wash or prep it and they duly complied.  In fact it was filthy, lol.  Needs a proper detail but all in good time.

CONGRATULATIONS.
Your car is the best R I have seen, bar none. Perfect R for perfect Rebecca.  :kiss:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3071 on: 30 September 2015, 21:40 »
Looks great Rebecca and it's still September too !!
Looking forward to seeing the photos after it has been pampered  :cool:

Thanks JB. :smiley: Will be fully detailed (no polishing required) over the coming weeks.

Yes, can't believe I actually got in in Sept.  After all that moaning, lol.  If I'd have known it would be Sept after all I would have complained a lot less.  But both I and James (my dealer) said when it dropped right back to BW4 a few weeks ago, well even he said that he expected me to cancel!  Fortunately that didn't happen and thank God, because, though it's only day 1 of ownership, I think it's the start of a beautiful relationship!  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3072 on: 30 September 2015, 21:42 »
Fantastic Rebecca!!! I'm so pleased it seems the wait has been worth it, it looks superb after one of your quick washes and no doubt will be one of if not the best kept example on the forum!

Congratulations!!! :cool:

Thank you so much Mr Mk7 moderator.  :smiley:  I will endeavour to keep up the standard!

I'm pleased to be 'officially' one of the Mk7 gang now.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3073 on: 30 September 2015, 21:50 »
Picked it up!   

After an 8 month wait, picked up my new R this morning.  Efficient, no frills handover at JCB Medway, suited me fine.

Formalities over, started it up and off we went.  Only driven 50 miles so far, but, it's THE BEST first 50 miles in any car I've ever had.  Awesome and exhilarating!!!  It's on another level compared to my Mk6 GTI.  8 months wait melted away with every mile.  Oh, and shod with Conti 5P's!  The R and I are going to have fun.....and then some!

Here's  few pics, after I gave it a quick wash.  I'd asked JCB not to wash or prep it and they duly complied.  In fact it was filthy, lol.  Needs a proper detail but all in good time.

CONGRATULATIONS.
Your car is the best R I have seen, bar none. Perfect R for perfect Rebecca.  :kiss:

Asker!  My darling, thank you so much.  :kiss:

It's quite novel having my Christian name initial on the front, rear and each side of my car.  Nothing like a bit of overkill!!! :laugh:  I'm going to tease those who have no idea what an R is (almost everyone) that it is just a normal Golf that's been customised for me.  :grin:  The gullible fools will believe it and think I'm a complete narcissist, up my own @rse with self indulgent arrogance, haha!  I, in the meantime will simply enjoy driving (and cleaning) my lovely R!

Don't you so prefer DBP to Night Blue?  :whistle: :laugh:  :lipsrsealed:
« Last Edit: 30 September 2015, 21:52 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3074 on: 30 September 2015, 21:59 »

CONGRATULATIONS.

I'm assuming that Asker has performed the full panel gap alignment analysis from your pics provided....high praise indeed! :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3075 on: 30 September 2015, 22:13 »
Just come back from a quick night time drive and completed the final bulb checks on the car, some further picture below for your viewing  :cool:

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3076 on: 30 September 2015, 22:14 »

CONGRATULATIONS.

I'm assuming that Asker has performed the full panel gap alignment analysis from your pics provided....high praise indeed! :grin:

Now then!

If I'm being totally picky, the gaps on either side of the bonnet are not equal.  Not by much, but a fact still!  And I did notice with the rear spoiler (and maybe this is just a characteristic of this mark Golf) that it does not sit exactly flush with the roof as it did on a Mk6. The spoiler is slightly dropped down from the roof edge by a few millimetres, but as it is an even drop along the whole length from one side to the other, it doesn't look wrong as such.  Unlike Asker's spoiler which is very visibly lower at one end than the other.  If mine were like his I would not be happy either.

So there!  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 30 September 2015, 22:17 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3077 on: 30 September 2015, 22:16 »
Just come back from a quick night time drive and completed the final bulb checks on the car, some further picture below for your viewing  :cool:

Lovely at night as well as by day!  :cool:

I have just resisted the urge to do the same.  Maybe tommorow when night falls.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3078 on: 30 September 2015, 22:20 »

I have just resisted the urge to do the same.  Maybe tommorow when night falls.  :laugh:

I tried to resist the urge, but I gave in after about 0.1 of a second  :grin:

Thank you for all the kind comments, I must say your R looks amazing in DBP, sooooo shiny; I bet by the time you have finished detailing it will look like a mirror! :cool:

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3079 on: 30 September 2015, 22:43 »

I tried to resist the urge, but I gave in after about 0.1 of a second  :grin:

Thank you for all the kind comments, I must say your R looks amazing in DBP, sooooo shiny; I bet by the time you have finished detailing it will look like a mirror! :cool:

Haha!  You're so weak.  :laugh:

I'm retiring to bed.....with the Owners' manual.  Sad or what!  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual